Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Test Pattern Issues with the "Mini"

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Test Pattern Issues with the "Mini" Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
In recent weeks I have had a rather unusual intermittent issue with accessing the proper grayscale test patterns when connecting both the mini and activating Chromapure on my Laptop. When going through the connection procedure and accessing the patterns through the CMS access point, periodically rather than the proper patterns coming up on the screen, starting at my usual manual window pattern choice starting at 100IRE, after pressing the 1 or 4 button to change from full screen to window pattern, it would strangely only move from full screen "80" IRE to "0" IRE and back again, not allowing me to go up or down the IRE settings as it should. It then requires disconnecting the unit and powering it back up to get the patterns to show as they are supposed to. Even then, at times when the proper pattern comes up on the screen and the white level is displayed as it should, it only shows a top end in the 80 white level range not 100"plus" as it does when working properly. In these case and when comparing it to a normal picture on the display, the white level seems to be OK but, all of a sudden, it is reading too low which, of course, affects all the previous calibration readings when the unit is working functioning properly. I am using A Display 3 "Pro" meter.

Rather hard to explain, however, somewhat unusual and intermittent. Any ideas?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk with Lumagen, there might be a bug, be sure you have the latest firmware, if so try the firmware before and see if you have the same isue.
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Talk with Lumagen, there might be a bug, be sure you have the latest firmware, if so try the firmware before and see if you have the same isue.

Not really sure, everything updated, it started at least two firmware updates ago.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron W wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Not really sure, everything updated, it started at least two firmware updates ago.

Then jump 2-3 updates back see if the problem is firmware related, and inform Lumagen about your findings, and they will solve it.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to contacting Lumagen support - they're at support@lumagen.com.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
+1 to contacting Lumagen support - they're at support@lumagen.com.

Kal

Thanks for the follow-up. Jim Peterson was back to me within the hour after I sent an E-Mail to the address you gave me. It seems one of the newer updates(one of the latest 4) was somehow affecting the interaction between the Radiance and to a lesser extent the Chromapure software tables. As mentioned, the Radiance CMS/grayscale tables were being affected and white levels were bouncing all over the place. I have reverted back to a previous update and after trying a number of activations and deactivations, the issue seems to have stabilized.

Of course, as usual in my case, I have been advised that nothing like this has previously ever occurred.

By the way, great follow-up from the guys at Lumagen.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron W wrote:
By the way, great follow-up from the guys at Lumagen.

Yup! That's why I recommended it - their support is fantastic.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: