Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Screen size recomendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Screen size recomendations Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Im thinking of going to a full kit screen rather than making one, im just waiting to hear back from a local company here on the following 2 screens:

110"
http://clefhifi.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=811

120"
http://clefhifi.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=812

I wont be paying those prices, cause they seem abit rich to me.

The material used in these LP Morgan screens is the Novares, which is apparently now ISF certified.

http://www.lpmorgan.com.au/novares_product.html

The size of my room is 3.45 meters wide by 6 meters deep, 2.7 meter ceiling
( 11.32' x 19.7' x 8.9' )

I sit in the lounge with my eyes about 4 meters ( 13' ) back from the screen.

The current screen painted on the wall is about 5:4 aspect and is 2.27 meters wide ( 7.45' )

With all that info given, what size does everyone here recommend I go for out of the 110" and the 120" ( both are 16:9 ) Projector will be the CineMAX.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help you out with the little I know. I have a 2,35:1 screen though, 108 inch, and 100 inch wide (screen material). Screen - eyes are 313 cm. At that distance It's perfect for my eyes, and had I gone wider It would have been to eye-straining. But going just a bit longer, 370 cm and further back, I could easily fitted a 114 inch screen, witch was the only other option that fit the bill I was aiming for.

So I'm thinking you should get the 120 inch version and be happy with it. I hope more jump in here and give you more details.. And also, beforehand I tejped up a fejk screen and came to that conclusion. It's worth the effort. I had it like that for weeks whilst saving up for it. Both 108 and 114 inch at the same time. When the screen got here It was perfect.

EDIT: Found a great comparison site that shows it really well. Try any combination you like. Smile

http://www.displaywars.com/108-inch-235x1-vs-120-inch-16x9

Last edited by thewolfman on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate Wink

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: