Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

New Simulation Grade Tubes and mods side by side with org.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
stridsvognen wrote:
Is there one of you to sharp brains who have a clue what that image i posted is good for, or are you still trying to use it to measure MTF.?

This pattern can be used to show MTF also (of corse not correct %, but is shows it), but you are actually so obsessed with bandwith you have no clue it can actually be used to show how your display shows MTF

As you will not answer my questions I only ask from your original, why is there a lot of pink parts in the picture and where are all the lines. Even if you have good bandwith it should also be able to show the lines even if the picture is taken from far away. Wink

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stridsvognen

Feel free to answer Andreas questions , and all mine all this BW can we come back to later when we have before and after pictures on a crt.
Until then Stick to topic.
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:

How can you tell i have good bandwidth.? Did i tell you what pixel clock that image was displayed with.?

How can you tell it have very bad MTF.? Did i post a high resolution picture who would measure same MTF as on the screen.?

You 2 idiots have no clue how to evaluate a screenshot of a test pattern, your constantly looking for stuff the pictures cant tell.

Tell me 1 more time why we need you guys to help evaluate modifications for CRT projectors.?

I think you have shown who is the idiot with all your bull**** on how you can judge black, color, color resolution+++ from a screenshot, and you can calibrate to bt 709 with your eyes+++.Laughing

If you say you can not judge MTF from your screenshot, you have no idea. As your shot does not define the lines it clearly shows it has very poor MTF. Take a close up of one of the patterns and show me I am mistaken. This is a 1080p original picture is it not?

And please answer my questions about the uniformity problems your original picture so clearly shows.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

How can you tell i have good bandwidth.? Did i tell you what pixel clock that image was displayed with.?

How can you tell it have very bad MTF.? Did i post a high resolution picture who would measure same MTF as on the screen.?

You 2 idiots have no clue how to evaluate a screenshot of a test pattern, your constantly looking for stuff the pictures cant tell.

Tell me 1 more time why we need you guys to help evaluate modifications for CRT projectors.?

I think you have shown who is the idiot with all your bull**** on how you can judge black, color, color resolution+++ from a screenshot, and you can calibrate to bt 709 with your eyes+++.Laughing

If you say you can not judge MTF from your screenshot, you have no idea. As your shot does not define the lines it clearly shows it has very poor MTF. Take a close up of one of the patterns and show me I am mistaken. This is a 1080p original picture is it not?

And please answer my questions about the uniformity problems your original picture so clearly shows.

Is it a 1080P image? and what framerate.? Your the one who say it have a good bandwidth, so you must know.?

How do you measure the MTF on the picture i posted, and how was the projector prepared for that test.?

You 2 idiots still have no clue how to evaluate a screenshot of a test pattern, your constantly looking for stuff the pictures cant tell.

Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Is it a 1080P image? and what framerate.? Your the one who say it have a good bandwidth, so you must know.?

How do you measure the MTF on the picture i posted, and how was the projector prepared for that test.?

You 2 idiots still have no clue how to evaluate a screenshot of a test pattern, your constantly looking for stuff the pictures cant tell.

Do not need to help a guy like you, because you know everything everybody know that know.
Not what you need , but maybe others that like to see what mods do, without hallelujah statements and the fact.
And I want to know.
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

So you need to prepare your projector to show good MTF, I said you can not measure it, but you can draw conclutions from this kind of picture. And I think you donīt know how to evaluate testpatterns. And this picture can tell a lot about MTF, but of corse not the right % as I said earlier.

I wonder why you CRT guys have to be so hostile and call me idiot and other stuff??

And I ask you once again why do you have these pink parts all over your screen? And where are the lines?

And since I have no clue why donīt you enlighten me? Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will do the same as always, and more and more people see it. Thank God for that.
Come up with what I asked for then your modded marquee and a non modd .
Then we can talk professionally.

Its just Just like every other time you are on a forum thread, ignoring and ignoring and ask irrelevant questions back to step away forum topic or what we ask about. God work Smile

Last edited by Diddern on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diddern wrote:
He will do the same as always, and more and more people see it. Thank God for that.

Just like every time you are on a forum thread. God work Smile

Why do we need you 2 digital idiots to see stuff in screenshots that cant be seen to evaluate modifications on CRT projectors.?
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:

Why do we need you 2 digital idiots to see stuff in screenshots that cant be seen to evaluate modifications on CRT projectors.?

Simple answer: stridsvognen "the man that think he knows everything and knows noting" Smile

Have a good BW day Smile
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Why donīt you mrKnowitall tell us what you were trying to show us with your wonderful screenshot?

And when you are done: What is all the pink parts in your screenshot and where did all the lines go?? Wink

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone have plans to mod their CRT, document before and after and post it here.
Be fun to see witch mod from who is making the best result. NO digital PJ here only CRT
Barco or Marquee use this pictures links below . Very Happy
Pictures close to screen.
If you do not know where to take the picture ask.

You will then see easy if it helps and how much.

1. http://hometheaterphotos.com/projector2/NEC_pattern_1.jpg

2. http://www.spearsandmunsil.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/1920x1080p24_Luma_Multiburst_Main.png

3. http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/files/1080_1on1off_hv_159.gif
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Why donīt you mrKnowitall tell us what you were trying to show us with your wonderful screenshot?

And when you are done: What is all the pink parts in your screenshot and where did all the lines go?? Wink

If you look around on this forum you will find all the information you need about Marquee mods and improvements.

Us who like CRT projectors, and know that they are not interlaced will continue share experience that you 2 guys will never understand or find out how to evaluate.

Anything else you like to know feel free to ask, and ill reply as i like.
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

If you look around on this forum you will find all the information you need about Marquee mods and improvements.

Us who like CRT projectors, and know that they are not interlaced will continue share experience that you 2 guys will never understand or find out how to evaluate.

And once again, I have never said CRTīs are interlaced. And a very experienced CRT guy just told me that the Marquee 9500LC is by far NOT the best CRT ever built, and I have written down many of the flaws it have to proove my point. According to you it is the only CRT with a decent picture, but you will have to modify it first.Laughing

I just asked you what you tried to show us with this screenshot, but as you alwas do you just refuse or ignore to answer my question.

So I only leave you with only one: What did you try to show us with this screenshot?? Can you answer that?

The uniformity problems, no lines, all the noise I have to draw my own conclutions about. Wink

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Trust me Mr Stridsvognen I know how to evaluate I have done this for a long long time.
Andreas not much with just crt but a bunch with different digitals and also against crt.
Do not need to be I engineer to draw the fact.

And I still like CRT, but to compare with a digital you know what I have tested and also given proofs.

And so far I have not seen before and after pictures up close on a modded marquee. If there is posted someware bring them here.

And I like to see it from users, not the one that sells. Look at the picture from Greg, both you and me and everyone see that
It's not have any value at all.

Answer the questions that you are asked and do not call people names, because you can't answer it or don't know.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

And once again, I have never said CRTīs are interlaced.

I just asked you what you tried to show us with this screenshot, but as you alwas do you just refuse or ignore to answer my question.

So I only leave you with only one: What did you try to show us with this screenshot?? Can you answer that?

The uniformity problems, no lines, all the noise I have to draw my own conclutions about. Wink

Bandwidth linearity to gain.

And as expected no one asked for the pixel clock, or the max light output.

We dont need help from 2 digital idiots who have no clue about how a CRT projector works.

Everybody also know why your here, you have 1 purpose and thts to make CRT look bad, Dildo proved that with his 808 stunt long time ago, and the interlaced comment some time back.
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

We dont need help from 2 digital idiots who have no clue about how a CRT projector works.

Everybody also know why your here, you have 1 purpose and thts to make CRT look bad, Dildo proved that with his 808 stunt long time ago, and the interlaced comment some time back.

Why do you call us names all the time.
Have a anger problem?
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

I told you I saw you had good BW, but as I also said you can draw many other conclutions from your picture. bandwith is nothing we talk about as it is not a problem with our current digitals.

And If I may ask what is the light output on your Marquee, I asked MP but as usual I never got an answer. How many lux (measured at your screen) do you get with a full screen 100 IRE pattern

I am not here to make CRT look bad I am only here to make you admit to all the limitations to your Marquee and it goes way beyond MTF and ansi/intrascene contrast. My digitals are far from perfect and I have told about the many weaknesses of the X500 in here, but you and MP seem to think your by eye calibrated and 300000000mhz mod Marqueeīs to be the eight wonder of the world.

This is how it should look from up close even if this is a different pattern.

Digital crap.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.64 KB
 Viewed:  6267 Time(s)

Digital crap.jpeg

Last edited by Andreas21 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diddern wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Have a anger problem?

I think that may be it. Thumbs Up

And I am insulted to be called a digital idiot as I am an 100% pure analog idiot. Wink

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas21 wrote:
Diddern wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Have a anger problem?

I think that may be it. Thumbs Up

And I am insulted to be called a digital idiot as I am an 100% pure analog idiot. Wink

+1000
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to: