Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Eisemann-Theater Simulation Grade Tubes better than VW1000ES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 120, 121, 122  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Diddern wrote:
ElTopo wrote:
As i mentioned this is just my personal opinion.

Barco cons:

- big and heavy
- gets louder on higher resolutions
- no plug 'n play
- lack of parts

In the last 5 years two of my digitals died so you can throw them away.

The Barcos are 10+ and still running. That is Performance.

ElTopo

You live so far from reality. But I have no interest of trying to make you change your crt.
What you own is your chose.
And you have no clue about today's new models.
And to say that jvc have about the same black level as a sony lol.
The new jvcs have better shadow detail than any Crt. And any sony.
Have every other aspect possible in a picture faaaaaar better than any crt.
Almost or about the same black that you talk about and the Sony so far from.
But just info to you.
Live in your time. And don't bother writhing things that you think.
I know what I write here and they are 100% fact.
But you never will find that out. Because you are to blind to see.

But you are right on some crt stuff.
Here is the absolute fact.

Positive
Crt fantastic black when no info in picture.
Crt fantastic motion resolution (compared with blueray against any hi end digital today not visible. Even better on some digitals)
but motion resolution and input lag fantastic on crt.

That's about it..... With positive..

Negative on crt:
Unsharp/ soft
Poor debt compared
Poor punch compared
Extreme poor ansi contrast sh*tty
Showing very poor 1080P compared
Poor poor dynamic
Show poor images when bright pictures.

I stop there. No use to continue you need to find this out yourselves when the time is right.

Just proove me wrong.
Sorry my English Norwegian

What CRT projectors did you use for comparison, and how were they up to speed with the latest CRT development.?

Dont hope you base your fact on the CRT stuff you have posted on this forum..
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:

Barco cons:

- big and heavy
- no plug 'n play
- lack of parts

ElTopo

Mine purs very quiet on 1080p. I've put some material between fan and chassis that is all. Even some cloth will work (don't forget the little fan in the PFC). I really really really forget the sound when I am in a movie. Even with the digitals I was annoyed with the fans. Fan noise is a big irritation to me. With the CRT I accept it of cause a little easier as it is part of the fun to hear your 909 Very Happy (and no complains about razor sharpness comparable to my 4k television Wink)

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is almost always the case as Spanky says a "pissing match" between CRT and digital. Personally I just enjoy the CRT projector I watch even if there are better digitals.

These pissing matches are almost always the same with forum members getting irate with other forum members so perhaps a demonstration might help and not test patterns, for god sake who watches test patterns (if you do don't answer) are there are some screen shots of the better digitals displaying the same scenes that we see demonstrated in this CRT forum. Perhaps we could put those side by side with the CRT shots and instead of slinging words at each other people can judge using images without derogatory comments. Maybe we could even start a thread for those comparison images without comments. I mean go your hardest to produce the best movie image you can and post it and let anybody who wants to just look and make their own decision about what ever they see. Rolling Eyes
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cine9 is very quiet @1080p Thumbs Up

@diddern: Once again i said that this is my personal opinion. Fact is JVC has much better black Level vs. Sony. Never said any other.

I use also a Sony VW200 for sport/tv but NOT for movies.

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diddern wrote:

Just proove me wrong.

He's back..Rolling Eyes

You still boasting about that Non native rate projector and how great it supposed to be.

btw, there's nothing wrong with your english....but do think your eyes and thinking could use some attention.
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

km987654 wrote:
This is almost always the case as Spanky says a "pissing match" between CRT and digital. Personally I just enjoy the CRT projector I watch even if there are better digitals.

These pissing matches are almost always the same with forum members getting irate with other forum members so perhaps a demonstration might help and not test patterns, for god sake who watches test patterns (if you do don't answer) are there are some screen shots of the better digitals displaying the same scenes that we see demonstrated in this CRT forum. Perhaps we could put those side by side with the CRT shots and instead of slinging words at each other people can judge using images without derogatory comments. Maybe we could even start a thread for those comparison images without comments. I mean go your hardest to produce the best movie image you can and post it and let anybody who wants to just look and make their own decision about what ever they see. Rolling Eyes

Maybe there should be an official curtpalme.com digital screenshot thread around here too Razz I've been tempted, since I come across many different makes and models of digitals in varying levels of quality and performance. I can tell you I have seen digitals that can easily surpass a well setup 7 or 8" CRT projector, and even approach the performance of 9" CRTs as well.

I don't think so many people all these years after digital projectors have come out, would still be spending tens of thousands of dollars on digitals if they weren't worth buying. I've had a few newer high end professional units in that I can easily see why people have no problem with digital.

Don't get me wrong, I love the image of a well setup CRT projector, but in reality, a good digital can do as much as a good CRT, with a lot less hassle. I think the few here who have owned/do own decent digital projectors here know exactly what I'm talking about. Smile

Don't hate me too much Mr. Green

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also another thing I notice... Almost everyone here who compares CRT to digital is comparing a professional commercial grade CRT projector to a consumer grade digital.

A fair test would be putting a good commercial digital against the CRTs. Like a Christie or Barco for example Smile

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy112 wrote:
Also another thing I notice... Almost everyone here who compares CRT to digital is comparing a professional commercial grade CRT projector to a consumer grade digital.

A fair test would be putting a good commercial digital against the CRTs. Like a Christie or Barco for example Smile

Your point make no sense. And I cant understand that I even take the energy to answer.
Why??? We talk about home cinema. Then we test the best crt for that purpose.
This crt vs digital was finished in 2004-2006. Up to that time the crt was the absolute best home cinema projector.
Today it's not and so far from also in 99% of all acspects possible in a picture HD 1080p
It just takes more time for some to realize it for some people.
We choose what we prefer best, but to say today that a crt is even close to
a good high end digital home cinema PJ Like a Sony vw1100 or a JVC x500,700,900 is so far from reality that it just get to
Stupid to say. You say it if you are a fan of crt or have not seen it on a real side by side test.

Will be the same to test a Barco 909 in a cinema for 500 people with the newest 4K Barco cinema PJ.
That would be fun?
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Just proove me wrong.

He's back..Rolling Eyes

You still boasting about that Non native rate projector and how great it supposed to be.

btw, there's nothing wrong with your english....but do think your eyes and thinking could use some attention.

That have to your words my friend.
He is back? I just can't whatch and read this kind of bull.

I have no problem that you or others say they still prefer the crt technology.
But do not say it's better because it's not. And newer will be, even if you mod your ass of.
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:
ElTopo wrote:

Barco cons:

- big and heavy
- no plug 'n play
- lack of parts

ElTopo

You live so far from reality. But I have no interest of trying to make you change your crt.
What you own is your chose.
And you have no clue about today's new models.
And to say that jvc have about the same black level as a sony lol.
The new jvcs have better shadow detail than any Crt. And any sony.
Have every other aspect possible in a picture faaaaaar better than any crt.
Almost or about the same black that you talk about and the Sony so far from.
But just info to you.
Live in your time. And don't bother writhing things that you think.
I know what I write here and they are 100% fact.
But you never will find that out. Because you are to blind to see.

But you are right on some crt stuff.
Here is the absolute fact.

Positive
Crt fantastic black when no info in picture.
Crt fantastic motion resolution (compared with blueray against any hi end digital today not visible. Even better on some digitals)
but motion resolution and input lag fantastic on crt.

That's about it..... With positive..

Negative on crt:
Unsharp/ soft
Poor debt compared
Poor punch compared
Extreme poor ansi contrast sh*tty
Showing very poor 1080P compared
Poor poor dynamic
Show poor images when bright pictures.

I stop there. No use to continue you need to find this out yourselves when the time is right.

Just proove me wrong.

What CRT projectors did you use for comparison, and how were they up to speed with the latest CRT development.?

Dont hope you base your fact on the CRT stuff you have posted on this forum..

The latest test was a Barco 909 reality 98% perfect adjusted against a optoma91 and a jvc rs20.
To all people present the 909 had no chance. But the 909 was better than the optoma and the rs20 with total shutdown.
But every other aspect clear to the digitals, but why bother writing this you are a Crt fanboy...nothing I say will get into your head at all.
The only thing I say enjoy your barco marquee or what ever Crt you own but don't say its better because it's not. That story ended a long time ago.
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Just proove me wrong.

He's back..Rolling Eyes

Here I go again lol.
Why every time I say the fact and my and many other have observed easy.
then there is something wrong with my eyes and that I am crazy.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diddern wrote:

The latest test was a Barco 909 reality 98% perfect adjusted against a optoma91 and a jvc rs20.
To all people present the 909 had no chance. But the 909 was better than the optoma and the rs20 with total shutdown.
But every other aspect clear to the digitals, but why bother writing this you are a Crt fanboy...nothing I say will get into your head at all.
The only thing I say enjoy your barco marquee or what ever Crt you own but don't say its better because it's not. That story ended a long time ago.

And your another one here who needs to shut the f*ck up. You have no credibility here what so ever. You came here to spew your so called knowledge which means sh*t to us. Your attempt to force your crap by insulting other members is nothing more then childish antics.

Many here have told you and told you and told you we do not give a sh*t of what you have to say.

You keep saying everyone can enjoy what they want and that is fine. Well apparently it is not fine or you would of shut your f*cking stupid sh*t mouth a long time ago.

You clearly do not know how to make friends.

You are a "Digital Fanboy" as you like to call it and that is just fine, but shut up already. CRT is a hobby here, get it. We don't care what you have to say. SO SHUT UP!

Do you go to vinyl forums and try to tell everyone that CD is superior?
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Diddern wrote:

And your another one here who needs to shut the f*ck up. You have no credibility here what so ever. You came here to spew your so called knowledge which means sh*t to us. Your attempt to force your crap by insulting other members is nothing more then childish antics.

Many here have told you and told you and told you we do not give a sh*t of what you have to say.

You keep saying everyone can enjoy what they want and that is fine. Well apparently it is not fine or you would of shut your f*cking stupid sh*t mouth a long time ago.

You are a "Digital Fanboy" as you like to call it and that is just fine, but shut up already. CRT is a hobby here, get it. We don't care what you have to say. SO SHUT UP!

And I clearly care what you say haha , I only care about the truth, fact.
Don't start crying kiddo. I will not take your hobby away.

I am a fan boy of thecnology and if a Crt was better than any digital I would have a Crt.
End of story.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diddern wrote:

I am a fan boy of thecnology and if a Crt was better than any digital I would have a Crt.
End of story.

You are the one coming here constantly crying . That is all you do is cry. You cry because no one believes you. You cry because no one agrees with you. You cry because you don't have any friends.

Cry, cry, cry. That is all we hear from you.

Truth, fact, whatever, we do not care? So what if digital is better? So what if it is not? Cry, cry, cry. That is all we get from you.

Do us all a favor and when you go to school tomorrow, ask your teacher for a cookie and some milk and maybe you will feel better, ok......
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Very Happy Thumbs Up

this is a good one
Quote:

But please leave question mark away or he'll have to respond to that haha.
One thing I know is that one of his friends own a 909 maybe that's why he still follow a bit of the CRT nerds, fanboys, tinkerers Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Diddern wrote:

End of story.

You are the one coming here constantly crying . That is all you do is cry. You cry because no one believes you. You cry because no one agrees with you. You cry because you don't have any friends.

Cry, cry, cry. That is all we hear from you.

Truth, fact, whatever, we do not care? So what if digital is better? So what if it is not? Cry, cry, cry. That is all we get from you.

Do us all a favor and when you go to school tomorrow, ask your teacher for a cookie and some milk and maybe you will feel better, ok......

Did I hit your weak spot there. How old are you?
Grow up. The only one here now that being rude is you.
And your post should be reported.
But I do not care I like people to read this and take own conclusions.
You make a god figure keep it up👍
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diddern wrote:

Did I hit your weak spot there. How old are you?
Grow up. The only one here now that being rude is you.
And your post should be reported.
But I do not care I like people to read this and take own conclusions.
You make a god figure keep it up👍

ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say but if someone say that an Optoma or RS20 is beating a 909 please put glasses on or check your eyes.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
Diddern wrote:

Very Happy Thumbs Up

this is a good one
Quote:

But please leave question mark away or he'll have to respond to that haha.
One thing I know is that one of his friends own a 909 maybe that's why he still follow a bit of the CRT nerds, fanboys, tinkerers Thumbs Up

👏 I know just some here in Norway that still have Crt then 909 and some 808.
And it's kind of funny that they hate digital but try to get it as Good as a digital.
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
Sorry to say but if someone say that an Optoma or RS20 is beating a 909 please put glasses on or check your eyes.

Have you seen them side by side lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 48 of 122
Jump to: