Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

NEC VT560 convergence setting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: NEC VT560 convergence setting? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Got this projector for repairing. The projector was literally merged into dirt. I had to clean all the optical elements and managed to get the projector work. I had to disassemble the LCD panel assembly too, now it is out of convergence, I downloaded the service manual, but didn't see any reference for this. So how to do it? It seems it needs some static adjustment for all three colors, and the green seems to rotated somewhat as well.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
tschaeikaei

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is build like my Panasonic 3 LCD PT-AE 900 ... there are mirrors to adjust.
Otherwise: How much does it differ? I mean how far are the 3 LCDs away from each other
on the screen?

When I disassembled the Panasonic, I didn't see any mechanical adjustment on the LCDs themselves.
I think you what to do a software adjust? Check google for "hidden menues" or "service menue" for that projector.

Maybe these are ideas,
Regards Julian

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a mechanical adjustment if anything, usually a screw or 2 you can adjust them with. Its a pain in the ass though.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, each panel is fixed with 4 screws to a small metal plates that are glued into the prism assembly, I guess they adjusted the convergence with the gluing in the factory. Had little time to go on with this. Will post picture how it looks on wall soon.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the gluing is to be expected, they do the adjustment then glue it right away and that's where the panels sit. Some of the LCD projectors I have here have mis-aligned panels, but I have a 3 pixel off rule, and so far the worst one has been the red being 2 pixels off on one of the projectors. Annoying to me, but most people won't care
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: