Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

$25 stripper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
VideoGrabber wrote:
Oh, and current units don't seem to suffer from the overheating issue the original versions did. Even when using the external supply. Go figure.

Or maybe I'm just not pumping as many MHz signal through mine as those whose units were frying in a pan. Just hooked to a cable-box output, and does nothing without the AC supply plugged in. It may behave differently with other sources, with more current available on their HDMI outputs.

That was actually something I wanted to point out but forgot to mention. Mine example does not get hot at all. Even when running 195Mhz it was barely warm. I don't think there is any heat issues at this point.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VideoGrabber wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:
All right, this thing is flipping awesome, I love it. Everything works nearly perfectly with this little splitter.

... My 720p 96Hz is using 195MHz digital bandwidth so it's really pushing the limits of HDMI and the thing passed it!

According to its "spec sheet", it handles up to 225 MHz.

That would be with deep color that it can run 225MHz which is not the same as being able to run above 150MHz with regular 8 bit or 10 bit YCbCr 422. Running at 195MHz with YCbCr 422 is way overclocking, but it can take it from what I have seen.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
I'm ordering one of these bad boys right now. Even though I have a (supposedly) completely HDCP-compliant signal chain with nary a single "sketchy" device, handshaking is a frickin' train wreck.

Main Sources in Use:
DirecTV HR22
AppleTV
Oppo BDP-103
Sony PS3 (less frequent)
HTPC (irregular use)
Toshiba XA1 (not even connected)

Switcher:
Integra DHC-9.9

Projector:
JVC RS45

That's it. Nothing strange, no sh*tty cables. The weird thing is, about half the time it works perfectly. Switching inputs and getting a picture takes a long time - sometimes 5-10 seconds - but at least it works. Then there's the rare occasion like the other night when I have to dick with the system for like FIVE MINUTES switching sources, power-cycling sources, switching inputs on projector... When, finally, after much angry cussing and swearing and the vain in my forehead has reached max PSI, I hit the magic combination and get a mother-effing picture.

Everything was fine with the HD Fury and CRT. Switched to the JVC and it all went to hell. Figures. Rolling Eyes

I don't know if it's a handshake issue, or an EDID issue, but I'm going to find out... This is much cheaper than the Dr. HDMI, so I'm starting here.

Stupid HDMI.

SC

Your symptoms with the HDCP weirdness also could correlate to your HDMI board going bad in your 9.9. It may just be coincidence that it happened at the same time as the projector switch.

That being said, HDMI is always a bitch, unless it isn't.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The $25 stripper showed up on my doorstep this evening, so I happily invited her into my theater. I've only been messing with it for a few minutes, but so far...

HALLELUJAH!!!

Trying not to get my hopes up, but so far... OMFG, it's working. Switched back and forth between every single source in my system, and every one worked flawlessly. I think the switches seem to take between 5 and 6 seconds until I have picture, now.

I'll play with it some more, and with a couple more sources... But, so far it looks like this problem is solved, and for $25!!!

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
The $25 stripper showed up on my doorstep this evening, so I happily invited her into my theater. I've only been messing with it for a few minutes, but so far...

HALLELUJAH!!!

Trying not to get my hopes up, but so far... OMFG, it's working. Switched back and forth between every single source in my system, and every one worked flawlessly. I think the switches seem to take between 5 and 6 seconds until I have picture, now.

I'll play with it some more, and with a couple more sources... But, so far it looks like this problem is solved, and for $25!!!

SC

Nice. Congratulations Smile

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
...so far it looks like this problem is solved, and for $25!!!

Yeah, and just think of the companies that made billions off this solution that is not a solution, but an unmitigated pain in the ass.

What you have finally achieved is equivalent to what you would have had with no HDCP encoder on all the outputs and no HDCP decoders on all the inputs. Except, of course, you get that lovely 5 or 6 second delay as a bonus.

Or, to put it in simpler terms, whatever problem the HDCP chain was designed to solve, it has failed miserably. However it did succeed in making several companies a lotta bucks. Which they will continue to reap the rewards from.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Craig I think for the HDQ to do 1:1 pixel making you need to be in Letterbox mode. But I think it might only be for 800p@72. I cont remember if it also worked for 1080p.

Scaling has to be off for sure. And I think you also have to be out of the menus in 1080p for it to be clear, once you select any menu it messes up.

Nashou

My HDQ is set up to letterbox and scale for 800p/72. On the other hand, 1080p/48 or 1080p/60 is set to pass through (even though there are custom timings). You can see the lines in the 1:1 boxes but the color uniformity is an unmitigated disaster... Mad

I haven't tried the RGBHV but for sure there are issues with 1:1 resolving. As Craig pointed out the raster ringing is an issue and as such the HTOT is enormous to compensate. This is where the extra bandwith of Radiance comes in handy.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin.

Can you push out the raster ringing with your HDQ.?

At the moment i would like to have a Radiance with a bandwidth over 200Mhz, but i realy dont want to buy the new 4K models.

I will see when they come with a 4K in 4K out model.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:

Trying not to get my hopes up, but so far... OMFG, it's working.

I'll play with it some more.... But, so far it looks like this problem is solved, and for $25!!!

SC

Wow, and everyone said you couldn't get a happy ending for $25. Thumbs Up
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Justin.

At the moment i would like to have a Radiance with a bandwidth over 200Mhz, but i realy dont want to buy the new 4K models.

I did push out the raster ringing, the problem is the non-uniformity of the 1:1, 2:2 and 3:3 boxes. I suspect that might be a bandwith issue..

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Justin.

I did push out the raster ringing, the problem is the non-uniformity of the 1:1, 2:2 and 3:3 boxes. I suspect that might be a bandwith issue..

Umm i did a high bandwidth output.. i think 168Mhz with perfect pixel mapping and colors on mine..

I think it was full 1920x 1080P

If you can upload your settings, i can try test them here and see what happens.
benareeno

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine yesterday....and it freaking worked!! This is the solution that all crt'ers needed all along! This and a Lumagen...and crt is all good!
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up

I've been using mine a bit more, too... Still working flawlessly so far fixing my screwed-up all-standard, run-of-the-mill HDMI signal chain, so not just for CRT'ers!

The $25 stripper "disaster mitigation" device looks like a winner to me!

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
nathan

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one was a bit more, but seemed like it might be more reliable long term. My environment isn't very cool temp-wise, so I figured I would try it out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WP2QGM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002WP2QGM&linkCode=as2&tag=curtpalmecrtp-20

I can confirm it made my VP50 work and output analog which it wouldn't do without it in the incoming HDMI chain.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a source for these?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
gnnash

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UYOEMI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003UYOEMI&linkCode=as2&tag=curtpalmecrtp-20&linkId=KTLPHMOANGTEZLGC

However, Amazon was selling it directly when I got it, and now it seems to be only third-party sellers, so it's hard to guarantee whether you'll get the same one or not for sure.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up, same seller on eBay has them again:

https://www.ebay.com/?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5336656890&toolid=20008&mkevt=1

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works great with my Hauppauge HD PVR 2. Recorded Riddick off my Roku's HDMI out at 720p and it looks quite good . Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just see a splitter, is it a stripper too and they're just not advertising the feature?
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell yes and perhaps by accident...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: