Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pany TC-P55VT50 craps out at 9 months from manufacture date

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_ro_co

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Pany TC-P55VT50 craps out at 9 months from manufacture date Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Bought this sweet 55" pany TC-P55VT50 plasma in late December last year, stopped working today. It abruptly turned off and now won't turn on. Two distinct relay clicks and a small audible arc when plugging in - clearly some major power supply fault. Called it in, rescue scheduled for Friday, house visit, thankfully enough.

But wow. Pretty disappointing for a new SOTA set to not even make it one year. I also bought the 4 year extended warranty, but this is clearly covered under the 1 year factory one.

Steve

the big E

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Pany TC-P55VT50 craps out at 9 months from manufacture d Reply with quote

mr_ro_co wrote:
Bought this sweet 55" pany TC-P55VT50 plasma in late December last year, stopped working today. It abruptly turned off and now won't turn on. Two distinct relay clicks and a small audible arc when plugging in - clearly some major power supply fault. Called it in, rescue scheduled for Friday, house visit, thankfully enough.

But wow. Pretty disappointing for a new SOTA set to not even make it one year. I also bought the 4 year extended warranty, but this is clearly covered under the 1 year factory one.

Steve

even though you posted in the wrong section i am not going to harp you about it

good luck with the plasma

love the screen video(planning on doing one myself not sure on the subs though it looks sweet) Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bought this sweet 55" pany TC-P55VT50 plasma in late December last year, stopped working today. It abruptly turned off and now won't turn on. Two distinct relay clicks and a small audible arc when plugging in

Common problem. Lets see if he (repair man) gets it right.... hahaha.

Last edited by macgyver655 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
mr_ro_co

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Pany TC-P55VT50 craps out at 9 months from manufacture d Reply with quote

the big E wrote:
mr_ro_co wrote:

Steve

even though you posted in the wrong section i am not going to harp you about it

good luck with the plasma

love the screen video(planning on doing one myself not sure on the subs though it looks sweet) Thumbs Up

Yeah, I realized that too after posting but was too lazy to correct it.

Thanks for the comments on the screen. It was quite a contraption. If I had a chance to do that version again (foam core/aluminum structure with integrated speakers), I'd put the dipole subs at the very top, right up against the ceiling. The sound quality of the bass on that system was fantastic. The main idea with that design was no speakers taking up any floor space. In fact, nothing of that system took up any floor space whatsoever. When the screen was up the original floor plan was preserved.

V2 is underway in my new place, but speakers fixed on the floor. W-frame dipole subs this time, and the Tannoys are going in dedicated enclosures.

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: