Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

First ever 25" Sony XBR anyone ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HD-DAVE

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: First ever 25" Sony XBR anyone ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Any huge Sony lovers out there ? I have a KV-25BXR - Sony's first ever XBR set that I want to get rid of....its the plumb coloured one. At the moment its in storage packed in its original box with all the packing materials. Comes with the way-cool pedestal stand with foot controls for power/chan/volume. I also have the rare model PC-701 RGB interface for it and the factory service manual. I don't know if it still works after sitting in storage for many years - I recall it had an intermittent darkened/reddened image problem when I mothballed it. I paid $1400 for it back in 1986 I recall...the most expensive direct view CRT television set available back then.

If someone wants to pay me shipping and maybe 10 bucks for my time/labour to get it to UPS or a bus based transport company I will happily send it out - one catch is I am in Vancouver, Canada. If no one here wants it i'll either end up throwing it on CL or e-waste it.

Googled (stolen/borrowed ) pictures of someone else's XBR attached....

KV-25XBR-STAND.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.77 KB
 Viewed:  10326 Time(s)

KV-25XBR-STAND.jpg

KV-25XBR-REAR.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.76 KB

KV-25XBR-REAR.jpg

KV-25XBR.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.41 KB

KV-25XBR.jpg

ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that brings back some memories... My dad bought my grandpa that exact set as a year-old model b-stock or floor demo. It went in my grandparents' lake home, so only used spring and summer. It ran perfectly until lightning destroyed in the late-nineties.

I loved that heavy metal stand with those big rubber buttons... Only TV I could change the channel on with my shoe on... Watched many a Little House on the Prairie rerun with my grandparents on that set. Wink

Good luck finding it a new home.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take it in a heartbeat if you were in the USA, You have what I would be looking for... the original box, packaging... and heck its an odd TV to boot Razz
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look up Bryan Adams' 'Heaven' video, you'll see 25 of them there. The company I worked for bought all of them when they were done, and we sold them at $600 each. THey were new, only used in that video shoot, and new they were $1200+ back in 1985.
HD-DAVE

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the Bryan Adams video - didn't remember it having all those sets. What blows me away are the literally hundreds of what looks like commercial chassis XBR's (with the rear grab bars) where the audience would be. Must have been a fun set up !

I just realized I also have a second KV-25XBR tucked away in my workshop - this one has the blueberry coloured sides/top. Grabbed it during a local spring cleanup 8 or 9 yrs ago as a spare parts unit.

Jeremy112 I also still have the original box for the pedestal stand ! ... that stand had some crazy list price like $350.

Watch for me on the next episode of Hoarders - Buried Alive... lol
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they didn't use that many. All I remember is that they had about 25 of those silver sets. Loved the pix on them back in the day...
camredfield

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, could you give some info on the PC-701 in the forum because there is literally nothing on the web about these things. Your post seemed relatively recent so I thought I'd shoot.

I was really curious whether or not this can you output a modern VGA running at 15Khz to the TV (with various graphics cards around). I would love to run a modern signal through this thing (MAME) at 15Khz, and there's so many questions around about the KHX era monitors but such a small amount on the PC-701
undwrld

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Do you still have the Sony KV-25XBR available? Reply with quote

Do you still have the Sony KV-25XBR available? I know this is an old post. I am looking for this TV at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: