Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

samsung projection tv with issue after tube replacement
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: samsung projection tv with issue after tube replacement Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
ok i was given a samsung HCN4727WX/XAA from my neighbor who told me that the set made a popping noise a while he was watching it then shut off(sears gave him a new one)and its a flat panel(blea)

so i load it up in the truck(my dad helped) and get it home and open the back to find the red tube in two pieces

i have since tested the set with the red tube neck board off the tube the tv will power up and show a blue background showing no data signal(due to the red tube neck board being disconnected) so i know the set is healthy otherwise

so i get a replacement tube that is the same make and model and is in the set only to find out now the set tried to power up (i can hear the hv crackle to life) then shut down flashing the power led on the front(not sure on the error code) but i think its the neck board for the red tube

i am wondering if when the tube failed if it damaged the neck board?

i am working on this tv in my spare time but i would like to get it working before i replace the green and blue tube so i don't have color balance issues(plus the blue tube has major phosphor wear)

i would like to have a service manual for this set(i have one but its for a different model set smiler to mine)

i can imagine the look on his face when the set made the popping noise Shocked

so far i have only spent 35 bucks on the set so far and can get all three neck boards(if needed) for 10 bucks Thumbs Up

also i found the red tube neck board darkened like it overheated the other neck boards are ok and look healthily

if any more info is needed i can provide it
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can see burning on the red neck card than it is likely bad so you can start there especially because it's so cheap. You may likely find that you don't need to change the other tubes. Color balance may come out fine and phosphor wear is less importaint on RP because the tubes have a fixed throw distance.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what Craig said. But it wont be displaying no image just cause youve got a tube out, it should still display an input just missing the red.
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Exactly what Craig said. But it wont be displaying no image just cause youve got a tube out, it should still display an input just missing the red.

The set powers up without the red tube and shows a image just the red tube is bad(now to find a replacement)it has a row of resititors with black around them which would make it impossible for me to repair the board with getting the band colors on them

I may give Samsung a call to get the part number for the board then look online for one
I am new to the forum as I joined because I am buying a projector from curt(who told me how the old tube failed)soon

I want get it working (I didn't want to see it go to the dump since I have some experience with the type of tv)

Currently own two Samsung projection TVs a dlp and this crt(I have owned a few crt sets in my lifetime)
The dlp is the HLS4266WX/XAA(got at a yard sale for 12 bucks dlp chip replaced by Samsung for free due to dead pixels)
This crt set was gave to me by a good friend who moved lately(sears claimed it unfixable for economic reasons and gave him a new tv) these two sets will probably be my last as I am used to a projectior setup(I have a digital now)

If anyone has a service manual for this set and can tell me the part number for the neck boards that would be great

Thanks for the help so far (I am used to working on computers so working on this tv seems like second nature just have to be careful of the hvcage Shocked don't want to be a human light bulb
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be easy to get the service manual for this set, id be suprised if the neck boards arent all the same.
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Should be easy to get the service manual for this set, id be suprised if the neck boards arent all the same.

i have seen them online but at a cost(i don't feel like paying for it only to use it one time but the neck boards are the same on the green and blue tubes but the red tube has a larger neck board

if i can i will try to remove the boards and get a pic if i have time tomorrow

i have a pic of the old tube but its on my iPhone(i have to transfer it from my phone first) it had a hairline crack that spread to where the neck broke(not sure if the tube was the culprit or the board) but both have to be replaced(i have already replaced the tube just have to get a replacement neck board since the one in the set looks like the tube arced on it before the set's fail safe kicked in) but i wasn't with the tv

the set was in desperate need of a cleaning since him and his wife both smoked i took three hours cleaning the set after i got it home(three times on the screen alone)ten years of nicotine was in the set and it was filthily(hence why i didn't know the neck board was bad till i took a close look at it

this set is hd ready(i know it doesn't have a digital tuner)thats why i am fixing it as i have never seen hd on a crt tv(i hope it is great i have read rave reviews of crt projectors with hd sources
this set has three a/v inputs, dvi input two hd component inputs and dual analog tuners(for picture and picture)

i need to know how to clean the nicotine from the speaker grilles(they look yellow from a angle) other then that i have cleaned the set to almost new condition Smile (i tried a old toothbrush on the grilles but no luck)

i can power up the set and get the power light flash code i will post it if needed(just don't like powering up the set in it's condition)

if someone can tell me how to upload pics i can get a few up of the set and the broken tube and neck boards so you guys can see everything
flipdog

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there is a specific part number for each neck board. They are all different. I believe they were only sold in sets along with the focus pack. New parts are obsolete but you can sometimes find sets being sold as NOS. If you want to try and repair your old ones just give me the location id's and I'll give you the values or part numbers.
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have some pics of the boards and a close up of the bad one but i can't upload(not sure i am doing it right or if my pics are too big)flip dog if you want to email me i can provide my email and send you a pic of the board
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip dog thanks for the link for the neck boards for my tv i will update when i get them amazon shows may 2nd to the 7th so as soon as they get shipped i will update the receive date

also i have already got the red tube replaced took me a while to change the mounting hardware over(i started at 7:17 finished at 11;00(had to keep filling the tube with fluid because of not getting enough in the tube hardware)
i plan on putting some quality thermal grease on the stk chips on the convergence board to prevent issues later on
i figure i should get a good ten years or more from this set when i get it fixed i just hope the other tubes hold up for that time Mr. Green
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the part comes tomorrow i will update once i get it and put it in the tv

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flipdog if you lived cloe to me i would treat you out for something great to eat (the part you linked to is the exact replacement for my set) i will have to reuse the old blue board and maybe the old focus pack(i don't feel like refocusing this tv) but at least i will get it to working
the replacement had two of the neck boards (but not the blue neck board) and the focus pack

i will update once i replace the part

again flipdog thank you thank you thank you(i was going to call samsung if you hadn't found the part for me)

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i replaced the part (did both the red and green tubes boards) not go on the picture i plugged it in and hit the power button(after putting it back together) and get a slow flash five times(it did this before i replaced the boards) odd thing is it don't do the slow power light flash with the red tubes neck board removed(the set will power up and show a blue screen with no sensor data in the lower left hand corner of the screen(and won't respond to the controls or remote)

could i have got a bad tube or is there another board that might have got damaged in the process?

the connectors that are on the red tube neck board goes to the main board with the a/v inputs and the power board

flipdog or anybody HELP

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those parts were suppose to be a new, full set. Were they new?
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are brand new boards(I reused my old focus pack though)
I am wondering if the main board is having issues or if I have the wrong tube?
The tube has two numbers on it one is P16LSG03RJA the other is 32 the new tube matches on the first number but not the second number(not sure if it makes a difference)

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the big E wrote:
The tube has two numbers on it one is P16LSG03RJA the other is 32 the new tube matches on the first number but not the second number(not sure if it makes a difference)

But the set did not come with the blue board, right?
Check to make sure you didn't bend over any pins on the CRT necks.
You also said that it now does not start up even with the red neck board disconnected, right?
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flipdog wrote:
the big E wrote:

You also said that it now does not start up even with the red neck board disconnected, right?

It didn't have the blue board(I reused my old on since I know it is good)
All the pins are straight on the tubes
As far as tring to power the set up with the red tube board disconnected I haven't tried it yet
Last time I tried the tv powered up to a blue screen and the words no sensor data in the lower left hand corner but I had the red tube disconnected(both board and anode wire)
Here is the part number for the red tube from samsung
Samsung part number BP91-00817U
flipdog

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the big E wrote:
flipdog wrote:
the big E wrote:

As far as tring to power the set up with the red tube board disconnected I haven't tried it yet
Last time I tried the tv powered up to a blue screen and the words no sensor data in the lower left hand corner but I had the red tube disconnected(both board and anode wire)

I'll wait for you to remove the red neck board and see if it powers up.
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flipdog wrote:
the big E wrote:
flipdog wrote:
the big E wrote:

I'll wait for you to remove the red neck board and see if it powers up.

IT POWERS UP YAA

i just tried it with the red neck board removed it powers up and shows std10 in the upper left hand corner(with a breaf static before it goes to the blue screen) i am guessing the tube i have is not the right one for my set

also it no longer shows the no data signal on power up(just need to find something to keep the anode block from possibly arcing to the metal tube frame before i do any long term testing to see if the set shuts back down or throws the no signal data again)
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

second time i tried to power up the set i get the power light blinking three times and no picture Mad works one time and not the next
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried again with the red neck board on the tube still the same error code flash (3 times) and no picture yet i can hear the high voltage system crackle to life for a second then shut back off before it flashes the code anybody know what it means before i have to call samsung??

the set has me stumped now Confused as i don't have the service manual nor a error code list
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: