Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Black levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Black levels Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

I am trying to fix a problem with crushing blacks on my BG808.
In doing that, I was thinking about something: on Lumagen product you can set the luminance level on different IRE values. For example : 0.5, 1 and 1.5...
If you want to have a very dark black level at 0IRE, you can set your luminosity level pretty low. Then unfortunately, you have crushing blacks, but also a very dark black for 0IRE. Then if you set the luminance value for 0.5IRE, 1IRE and 1.5 IRE in order to remove the crushing black, would you keep your very dark black at 0IRE and have a very nice picture at the low end?
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do 5% to where it should be if your meater can get that low. If not eyeball it, you can get pretty close. What this does tho is raise 0 %.
So now go to 0% luma and lower it to half the value it goes up to. I think 0 will go down to 1o clicks, can't remember. But what i did was i put up a 2 or 3 % pattern and raise 0 % in the radiance luma menu till I started to see the 2% pattern then stopped.

The Lumagen interpolates the % whites in between each % white pattern. So adjusting 10% will affect 7.5% thru 12.5% when using the 5% intervals . Or if using 10% intervals then adjusting 10% white will affect 5% thru 15%.

At least that is what I understood from what the guys at spectracal told me.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
AVphile

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate what 21-point Autocal does to 5%. I wonder if it would support 20-point just the same but skipping the 5% and let the interpolation at 10% take care of it.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: