Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

How to Convert Blu-ray to DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richadchate

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: How to Convert Blu-ray to DVD Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Spammer's links to his sh*tty software deleted.

Mod
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt read it all, but honestly... Why would you? No im not asking for the OP's reasons, yes i know its a fake account and fake post... No one in real life could post something so f***en stupid... Especially not on this forum Laughing
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case,

On one hand, youre right because BD players bave gotten so cheap. There's still one good reason to convert BD to DVD, though and that's mostly kids' movies for car/van DVD players or for the cabin, etc. But, there's plenty of free/open source software to do the conversion if somebody really wants to do it. From my experience, the spammers' software is just hacked together versions of the free/open source stuff.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to convert a BD to an SD file option would be a nice addition to AnyDVD HD or perhaps a Clone DVD HD if there was one...
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But with DVD movies ranging from $2 for up to 5 movies to about $8 for something top shelf over here, i cant see them being much more there, would you really go to the trouble?
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
But with DVD movies ranging from $2 for up to 5 movies to about $8 for something top shelf over here, i cant see them being much more there, would you really go to the trouble?

DVDs aren't that cheap here unless it's old sh*t. Disney movies like my kids like in particular aren't cheap. For instance, Wreck-it-Ralph is $18 on BD, and $13 on DVD. That's a bad example because the BD comes with a DVD, but assuming it didn't... Do I want to spend the time to rip a BD to make a DVD? No. But, I don't want to spend $13 on a DVD I just spent $18 to buy on BD, either.

The only perfect scenario for me is when the BD comes with a DVD, but then it's not like I'm not paying for that convenience.

SC
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyce looks promising but I need to do a bit more homework...

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=53392
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are loads of Blurays here that include the DVD too yeah, and i wish there was an option to buy the Bluray on its own cause if i wanted the DVD id buy it!! Some 3D blurays here are up to $45 and include a whole heap of worthless items like digital copy, DVD, and in some cases even include a 2D bluray disc as well, which is totally pointless cause the 3D discs all play in 2D as well as 3D...

The worst part about that is there is no option for just the 3D bluray on its own, youre forced to buy the lot.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of back in the day when there was software to convert DVD to CD-ROM. 700meg .asf files super pixelated over compressed crappy video. BUT People still watched it. Rolling Eyes

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but most people downloaded those!!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Yeah, but most people downloaded those!!

Present company excluded of course.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent downloaded movies for many years now, its rather hard on a phone too Wink

I used to download all the movies i have on VHS in .avi files, i had hundreds and id allready paid for the movie.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only downloaded a couple of movies illicitly. Not worth the time/effort IMHO.

I missed Ted in the theater, and it wasn't out yet on BD, so I wanted to watch it... So, I tried torrenting a couple different versions and they all sucked ass. Trashed them and reminded myself why I have zero interest in downloading movies. Waited until my birthday and bought the BD.

SC
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are loads of rips out there where there is little visible difference, usually audio drops a bit and goes down to only 5.1, but again it depends on the movie as to whether or not it makes any difference, and ontop of that id bet not too many regular viewers have the equipment capable of making the difference in audio obvious either. In your case you clearly didnt download the right ones.

I only get a 12 gig limit per month, which for me and my use is loads.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's much harder to get movies down under, but here I just don't see the rationale in not getting content via legitimate sources. At any given time, I have the following sources if I want to watch a movie: Red Box or Family Video if I want a physical disk, or Apple, Netflix, or Amazon if I don't mind streaming. Those are just rental; if you throw purchasing in the mix, then there are all sorts of options. So, IMHO, there is no justification for illegal rip downloads where I live. None.

SC
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, not many here have access to internet with the kind of speed required for that

Secondly, alot of Blurays here may only be $8-$15, but then there are tons that are as much as $45, and the average is about $32. That puts them somewhat out of reach for some people.

Thirdly, its not illegal to download a backup of a movie you allready own. No need to pay twice.

Forth, every one of those methods you mension cost money, they are paying for internet whether they download or not.

Rentals i have no idea what they charge here, i buy all the ones i have. If i have a movie on DVD or VHS, i would not hessitate to download a bluray rip if i had the means to do so.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Just, wow. Let me see if I understand...

1) Because most people don't have fast enough internet to use streaming services, they should be able to steal rips.

2) Because some Blu-rays are expensive and out of reach for some people, they should be able to steal rips.

3) If someone bought a movie on VHS or DVD 10 or 15 years ago, they should be able to steal a rip of the Blu-ray?

Seriously?

4) Huh? What does what a person pays for his/her internet have to do with how they acquire their movies?

SC
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt say people should steal, so dont put words in my mouth. You wanted to know how people justify it to themselves, and i gave you some examples of how they could and quite likely do. Anyone with any logic could figure out what i was saying, twisting it is pointless.

Not like as if youve never downloaded one yourself is it!! Laughing How did you justify it? You missed it in the cinema so it was ok for you to steal a rip? Wow. just wow... Pot calling the kettle black? Hahahaha!!!!

There are far bigger issues in this world than people sharing files.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I downloaded a copy of Ted, but only with the certainty I would be purchasing it (and I did.) I also downloaded a rip of the old Tron DVD because I had friends over and my DVD would no longer play. Only the DVD, though - not the BD remaster.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth; you gave reasons and I asked for clarification. You sounded quite experienced with the subject ("there are loads of rips out there with little visual difference"), so I made the logical leap that these were rationalizations you also might use. Sorry I made assumptions.

Sorry - sore spot with me. I've heard all the tiresome rationalizations for stealing content, and they're just that - rationalizations.

SC
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Crabb on this. I am not saying you agree with it Case, but your post kind of made it sound like it.

I do disagree with the comment that there are far greater things in the world. File sharing falls under the broader category of property rights. When one justifies downloading a BR, then what stops them from justifying stealing a medicine that they may be unable to afford?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: