Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

SEOS 919 aka Barco 909 SP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone knows were these jumpers are for?
They are mounted between deflection coil connectors on the extension boards on which you connect the extension cable for the 909 split pack.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to have to do with deflection scan fail or connector test. In the picture there are different combinations of grounding and leaving open. Might very well be that this influenced your abl as it grounds a vertical deflection wire. Perhaps someone else knows more why they are there?

Difficutl but I think that if there is no jumper between vsi and hsi than the vertical connector is not tested for scanfail? Perhaps the jumper has to be set different when you change the connectors?

scan.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.3 KB
 Viewed:  12634 Time(s)

scan.jpg

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was for changing scan direction?

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He I now see there is SI written on the board. scan Info. So the scan info table has something to do with it.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh no, connector is labeled nr. 15 by Barco technical simulator service. Nothing to do with switch. If made some more shots:

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco wrote:
GUYS GUYS!!! MYSTERY OF ABL LINES is SOLVED!!!!

When I put all back together again the picture was upside down reversed on the screen. I didn't see it earlier because I looked trough the lenses most of the time. But I was sure that I connected the scan reversal connectors the right way Confused double checked and yes the were connected the right way for front ceiling...still shown upside down. Now there is a little pcb to plug-in all the connectors for cable extension. this pcb is connected to the mainframe, now it appeared that the previous simulator technician reversed the connectors there which have these little jumpers. Guess what reversed the connectors, pictures displayed the right way on screen and ABL line is GONE Cool
I want to thank you guys for helping and all suggestions, sometimes it's hard to find a simple solution.

The FUN can begin Wink

Do I understand correct that changing the connectors on both sides made the ABL line disappear? And do you think it is related to the jumpers?

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
Francisco wrote:
GUYS GUYS!!! MYSTERY OF ABL LINES is SOLVED!!!!

When I put all back together again the picture was upside down reversed on the screen. I didn't see it earlier because I looked trough the lenses most of the time. But I was sure that I connected the scan reversal connectors the right way Confused double checked and yes the were connected the right way for front ceiling...still shown upside down. Now there is a little pcb to plug-in all the connectors for cable extension. this pcb is connected to the mainframe, now it appeared that the previous simulator technician reversed the connectors there which have these little jumpers. Guess what reversed the connectors, pictures displayed the right way on screen and ABL line is GONE Cool
I want to thank you guys for helping and all suggestions, sometimes it's hard to find a simple solution.

The FUN can begin Wink

Do I understand correct that changing the connectors on both sides made the ABL line disappear? And do you think it is related to the jumpers?

Yes that's correct! I think this is what these jumpers do. When I changed the 3 connectors with yellow green wire around the ABL line disappeared. Only thing is that the connectors are positioned differently as referring to the manual. These jumpers are also differently positioned, on the main unit they short the upper 2 pins, in optical unit they short lower 2 pins.
There is no explanation in manual how to set these.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major testing Shocked This is a FR-909 with top mounted SH-919 single split Laughing

So why this testing? I found that my gamma went down from 2.2 to 1.6 on the split pack. Also the light output around 5ftl less on max contrast compared to my front pj 909.
First I tested all my boards and other components, which didn't changed the problem. Now in this setup I found that my Gamma is flat and i get the right amount light output as well.
So the problem must be caused by extension cable or connection boards, see my previous pictures of these boards.
I also tested HV extension cable and extension HV block, no issues there. I think there is some filtering somewhere on these extension boards causing this low light output and strange gamma respons.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do also a bandwidth one on one test if possible to see if the longer video cables do anything!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the problem is caused by the extension cable or the connectors. You could try to make the HV longer when you are extremely carefull? It could also be the video drive attenuation because of the coax?

By the way this is how we can make a Cine 9 into a split pack and clearly we don't need any caps Very Happy I might do this too if I stick with the Barco.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
So the problem is caused by the extension cable or the connectors. You could try to make the HV longer when you are extremely carefull? It could also be the video drive attenuation because of the coax?

By the way this is how we can make a Cine 9 into a split pack and clearly we don't need any caps Very Happy I might do this too if I stick with the Barco.

As far as I can tell it didn't influence BW, by the way all test's and results for moome Barco-HD board are done with the FR-909 test chassis so don't worry about that. Just luminance and gamma are off, and those are measurable with calibration tools.
I already tried with HV extension cable in between as you can see in my last picture. In this setup all was still ok.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still check that coax. There is I think 200 V going through the coax at full contrast. Might be a leak. Try the old coax too?

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean RGB coax? Or red HV cable going to the splitter?

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco ive been meaning to ask about your sig, it has some interesting items there!! Laughing

redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco wrote:

Yes I was thinking about the rgb coax you replaced with Belden you could check but because gamma is bad on all three colours it is not likely the problem but perhaps easy to test?

I think something is leaking around the driver rgb coax perhaps in the connectors. There is 200V on them at full contrast.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also be careful that the output amps don't run to hot or is there some kind of venting?

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Francisco ive been meaning to ask about your sig, it has some interesting items there!! Laughing

Yes I searched for my most interesting items, it annoys me people who are bragging about their equipment Very Happy
Most interesting is the car radio with orange plastic memory arrows Very Happy remember those?

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate im not that old Wink I dont think Mercedes Benz had those since the 60s Laughing

Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally ! after massive testing with split pack cable attached, and short connect cables directly to motherboard one by one I found the fault!

It's connector J40 + and - Filament, G1 and G2. There is some kind of filtering on the extension boards for these connectors.
Attached those directly onto motherboard and the rest of cabling went trough extension cable gave me flat-out gamma and 3ftl more light on max contrast. Exactly what I was missing. I don't know if it's just a fault on my particular split-pack unit or maybe all Barco 909 split packs. Nevertheless I will make a short connection of less than 50cm to connect directly onto the motherboard, and all should be fine Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13
Jump to: