Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

EyeOne Display 3 PRO Colorimeter

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otbricki

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: EyeOne Display 3 PRO Colorimeter Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Looks very nice. I have a question though - if I purchase this will there some way I can use it to calibrate my monitors as well?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean creating .ICC profiles then the answer today is "maybe". Wink

Originally X-Rite indicated that a full retail package was included (which includes their iProfiler software) but today it seems they were more vague about it so the answer becomes "I don't know" and I removed all information off the order page that said you could create .ICC profiles to avoid misleading anyone. This doesn't mean it won't be included however.

As I find out more I'll be posting it on the order page: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure_EyeOneDisplay3.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
otbricki

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kal. I think that the ability to create ICC profiles with this meter would definitely put this on my short list for purchase.
a.lber.to

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! I am also just waiting to get confirmation that iProfiler is included to pull the trigger.
a.lber.to

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Any news? Reply with quote

Hello.

Are there any news on this front? Do you know at this stage if the EyeOne Display 3 PRO is being delivered with the software allowing PC monitors to be calibrated or not?

I am itching to be able to purchase it, and I am eagerly awaiting news...

Thanks
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I don't believe you can do it with CP. Maybe there will be a workaround once people start getting their meters. I think Calman has stated that their CalPC software will work with the meters, but I don't follow their products to closely to know for sure.
a.lber.to

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
At this point, I don't believe you can do it with CP. Maybe there will be a workaround once people start getting their meters. I think Calman has stated that their CalPC software will work with the meters, but I don't follow their products to closely to know for sure.

Thank you. I know that this cannot be done with CP, but the issue was knowing if X-Rite's iProfiler software is included with the meters sold with CP or not...
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've confirmed that X-Rite does not include their iProfiler software in meter packages that they sent to their OEMs such as ChromaPure.

Kal

Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never thought about it, but does CP and any other meter do icc?
drSeehas

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:

What don't you understand in the sentence from a.lber.to "I know that this cannot be done with C[hroma]P[ure] ..."?
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drSeehas wrote:
Spanky Ham wrote:

What don't you understand in the sentence from a.lber.to "I know that this cannot be done with C[hroma]P[ure] ..."?

Well dickhead, he was referring only to the Display 3. I haven't used CP, so I didn't know if it could do icc with the other meters or not. If CP never could, then the answer Kal should have given was that CP doesn't do icc in general not just this meter.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure does not come with any sort of .ICC profiling built in the software. What the original poster and others are wondering about is if the Display 3 + ChromaPure package that we sell comes with the retail X-Rite software that lets you do .ICC profiling. It does not. If you go buy the retail version of the Display 3 you get this (and only this) X-rite .ICC profiling software. As well, by X-rite rules, ChromaPure (and other non X-Rite software) is not allowed to work with the retail version of the Display 3. So if you want to do HomeTheatre calibration using ChromaPure with a Display 3, you can't go and buy the retail version of the Display 3.

Kal

drSeehas

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
Well dickhead, ...

Thank you Sad
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
ChromaPure does not come with any sort of .ICC profiling built in the software. What the original poster and others are wondering about is if the Display 3 + ChromaPure package that we sell comes with the retail X-Rite software that lets you do .ICC profiling. It does not. If you go buy the retail version of the Display 3 you get this (and only this) X-rite .ICC profiling software. As well, by X-rite rules, ChromaPure (and other non X-Rite software) is not allowed to work with the retail version of the Display 3. So if you want to do HomeTheatre calibration using ChromaPure with a Display 3, you can't go and buy the retail version of the Display 3.

Kal

Thanks, Kal.
otbricki

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things have gotten interesting again on this topic. Apparently Dell is introducing a line of IPS panels that support use of the Display 3 in hardware calibration mode. This is great news for me because it could make the monitor calibration independent of software which is tied to the operating system of the computer it is attached to.

Since the meter is only interacting with the display I am wondering if it will be possible to use an OEM version...

The plot thickens.

Last edited by otbricki on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

otbricki wrote:
Things have gotten even more interesting on this topic. Apparently Dell is introducing a line of IPS panels that support use of the Display 3 in hardware calibration mode.

Intersting indeed! Do you have a link to this? I couldn't find anything .... Thanks!

For those who want to calibrate PC/Mac displays with their OEM Display 3 they purchased with ChromaPure, I've been recommending http://www.basiccolor.de/en/

Kal

otbricki

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2713h.htm

Check the section on hardware calibration.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I'm curious myself which version of the Display 3 is supported. I suppose an email to Dell would be the only way to find out.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: