Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

External Moome V1.3 Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alank

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: External Moome V1.3 Box Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello people as you can see I'm fresh out the box a newbie and truth be told a newbie to the CRT world aswell. Anyhow I have this Moome external box and was wondering if any of you have used or see one of these and where I could get a user manual for it because I can't get a picture from my Sony D50 CRT.

This is the box

This is how I have it connected to my CRT

And this is the picture I'm getting

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch the black and white cables.

What source are you running? What resolution? Don't send 1080p to the D50 it's too much for it. Try 1080i first.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also take a look at the output setting and make sure it's set to RGB and not Component. I believe it's DIP switch #2 and it should be DOWN, but getting a copy of the manual is what you really need. Moome's made a few versions of the box so things may have changed.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
alank

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Switch the black and white cables.

What source are you running? What resolution? Don't send 1080p to the D50 it's too much for it. Try 1080i first.

I've tried switching the black and white already but had no luck.

I've tried sending my sat TV box which doesn't go any higher than 1080i directly into the Moome, no luck. The projector is receiving something because when the scene changes, that I hear from my floor standers, the picture flickers, but when I check the input it says no input.

Quote:
Also take a look at the output setting and make sure it's set to RGB and not Component. I believe it's DIP switch #2 and it should be DOWN, but getting a copy of the manual is what you really need. Moome's made a few versions of the box so things may have changed.

Kal

I've changed the setting in my Denon from YCbCr to RGB and changed the resolution to 1080i.

For the Moome box I took on all the combinations, 5 DIP switches, 26 combinations with no result. Also when I plug the Moome box in the red LED flashes, then I plug the HDMI cable in and it turns orange but still flashes with the LED on the opposite side turning green. Shouldn't the red LED which turns to orange not flicker?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also make sure that the source has the 24fps turned OFF, and that you're not outputting anything more than 1080i from the source itself.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure as it's been a while since I've used one of these boxes. I think yours is an older version too right? Did you buy it used?

You mentioned that you're new to CRT projectors: Just to make sure, have you ever been able to use the CR projector RGBHV input properly? Do the internal menus work?

Kal

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and also make sure that the D50 is set to RGBHV input and not component. You might still be in component input mode.
alank

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also make sure that the source has the 24fps turned OFF, and that you're not outputting anything more than 1080i from the source itself.

Thanks Curt but my sat top box can't do 24 fps

[/quote]You mentioned that you're new to CRT projectors: Just to make sure, have you ever been able to use the CR projector RGBHV input properly?

Unfortunately Kal I'm so new to this that I'm not quite sure what you're asking me here.

Quote:
Do the internal menus work?

Internal menu's work fine. I have already been through the process of lining everything up, so the 9x9 hatch looks good and lens focusing using the 9x9 hatch is at it best possible. I was told that the bulbs only had 2000 hours on them but there is definitely wear on them because I couldn't get the edges perfectly clear like the center using the "H" test pattern.

[/quote]I'm not sure as it's been a while since I've used one of these boxes. I think yours is an older version too right? Did you buy it used?[quote]

Yes I bought it used from a single owner but truth be told I don't think he would even know or remember what the settings are supposed to be on. He's the kind of person who can afford to pay some one to do it for him.

[quote]Oh and also make sure that the D50 is set to RGBHV input and not component. You might still be in component input mode

I don't have a RGBHV input mode and the component mode is blanked out. Check the pics hopefully it helps. Also I don't have an A and B input like the original machine came with. Check the third pic I sent and you'll see what I mean.

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alank wrote:
Quote:
You mentioned that you're new to CRT projectors: Just to make sure, have you ever been able to use the CR projector RGBHV input properly?

Unfortunately Kal I'm so new to this that I'm not quite sure what you're asking me here.

What I'm wondering is if you've ever been able to see a properly working image on this projector with something connected to the RGBHV input.

I want to isolate if your problen is the Moome box, the projector, both, or simply a configuration problem somewhere.

If in the past you've connected other converters or sources (like a PC maybe) to the RGBHV input on the projector and it displayed a picture fine, then we know the projector works.

Kal

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be your problem, select RGB and not the HDTV. I bet that fixes it.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
alank

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:

This might be your problem, select RGB and not the HDTV. I bet that fixes it.

Athanasios

Yeah I thought so to but none of them make any difference. I really am at a loss as to why I can't get it to work.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask again:

Have you ever been able to see a properly working image on this projector with something connected to the RGBHV input?
Have you ever been able to display an external signal at all on this projector?

Kal

alank

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Kal been away for a while.

I personally have not been able to see any kind of image on this projector other than the test patterns but this used to be in the home of some one who moved from CRT to DLP and with him he had no problems in fact he has said that there was more good with the CRT compared to the DLP and that he is a little disappointed with his DLP.
alank

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed in the menu-> info menu that I have no horizontal and vertical sync. I have tried changing them around but get the same result. What have I done wrong?

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you try the different memories as well as Input A and B?

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
alank

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I change the input memory?
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athanasios, the memory slot shouldn't matter, as that just recalls signal setup based on either the fH/fV (or user-selected). Either way, the fact that no H/V sync is displayed in the Input Info screen tells me that there may be a problem with the Moome (or its configuration) or the cable itself.

For whatever reason, the projector simply isn't seeing a signal on Input A. He can't switch to Input B because that's a Sony remote card for a SIC-M cable.

It's been awhile since I looked at the G70 menus... I'll take a look at the manual this evening and see if anything jumps out at me.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original poster,

Make sure your menu settings are set as follows:

INPUT SETTING > CLAMP > AUTO

INPUT SETTING > SYNC SEL > AUTO

Check those two things. If that won't work, see if you can plug in a composite or s-video source like a DVD player or VCR to the composite or s-video input and see if you can get a picture.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
alank

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I tried connecting my old DVD player via s video and still got no picture. Here is the connections and settings in the menu.

This is how I connect my RGBHV cables and I only have a an "A" input. The rest of the settings menu are exactly the same other than changing Input Select ->Video -> from S-Video to Video.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: