Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

moome v3 no connection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: moome v3 no connection Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
EDIT: It's not the moome card there's anything wrong with - it's my old pj.

Last edited by thewolfman on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. Got it working again, with switching to the other LINK and with some trial and error got it back on track. Weird. Before the picture went away it started to flicker like mad, I don't know how it looks like, but it looked like 24 Hz all off a sudden. Didn't do anything but turn it on.

And also prior to that, needed to do convergences all over again, even though locked, and that has happen to me some half a dozen times and bound to happen again. I guess I need to shift some boards again. If anyone has a clue to what might be wrong, let me know. No use in putting in the ceiling until it’s more stabile and reliable.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When doing the convergence make sure you unlock it first before doing it or at least unlock it then lock it again after your done converging. Otherwise you'll not save the last convergence.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always do that to make sure it wont go off, so it must be something wrong with one or more of the boards, but I can live with it for now.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the battery might be dead on your CLM. It should be close to 3 volts.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diagnostic in the back lits up H Fail for a few secounds, but then goes out. Will have a close eye on that as I haven't seen that there was an diagnostic before (novis still) so maybe there is something wrong with that.

Last edited by thewolfman on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the CLM hold's all the data for memory set ups . you can pull it out and measure the battery from the underside of the PCB board. it is soldered in place. Have you done any cleaning of the Contacts of the boards themselves and of any removable chips and add on boards yet? Doing that when you first get a marquee of un known service history is a must.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't done any cleaning at all, so will buy the propor alchohol and do some cleaning when I get the chance. Will try to measure the battery once I get hold of a voltagemter to. Shouldn't be to expensive. Thanks for you advice on this.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, I found the battery on many sites and looks like only four pins to be solderd. I can maybe do this myself actually. Smile

http://www.battery-kutter.de/Knopfzellen/Lithium-CR-BR/Renata-175-0-Lithium.html
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to find DeOxit cleaner and protectant for the chips and connectors. Also buy an IC puller.

Then when done cleaning the contacts clean the entire board with Denatured alcohol and a soft tooth brush.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Deoxit and the other stuff, but will have to wait until I can afford it, as it is rather expensive.

Last edited by thewolfman on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a way around the flicker problem; by altering the refresh rate on my computer it goes back in working order for hours on end. I can live with it. I randomly choose a different refresh rate (I go with 24 Hz) and then back to usual 60 Hz, and the problem is solved. No flickering. So the moome has nothing to do with it.

But with one problem solved (I know, almost) another one emerges. Now, all off a sudden, the green goes like 50 % less harp. The grid goes twice its size and can only be solved by turning the pj off for some period of time. At the moment I don’t know whether that requires pj to cool down completely, or by turning it off and on a couple of times and hope it snaps back in place.

I asked the guys at HD Fury whether their HD Fury 3D will be better than my V3 with the 72 Hz problem, and they said it would, because the moome can’t handle the bandwidth required for 72 Hz, but straight VGA cables and HD Fury will. I can’t get Powerstrip to work so looking for some options. The numbers won’t change when fiddling with numbers; it just goes back it was and 60 Hz. Very annoying. But will give it some more tries before giving up on the matter.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
I found a way around the flicker problem; by altering the refresh rate on my computer it goes back in working order for hours on end. I can live with it. I randomly choose a different refresh rate (I go with 24 Hz) and then back to usual 60 Hz, and the problem is solved. No flickering. So the moome has nothing to do with it.

But with one problem solved (I know, almost) another one emerges. Now, all off a sudden, the green goes like 50 % less harp. The grid goes twice its size and can only be solved by turning the pj off for some period of time. At the moment I don’t know whether that requires pj to cool down completely, or by turning it off and on a couple of times and hope it snaps back in place.

I asked the guys at HD Fury whether their HD Fury 3D will be better than my V3 with the 72 Hz problem, and they said it would, because the moome can’t handle the bandwidth required for 72 Hz, but straight VGA cables and HD Fury will. I can’t get Powerstrip to work so looking for some options. The numbers won’t change when fiddling with numbers; it just goes back it was and 60 Hz. Very annoying. But will give it some more tries before giving up on the matter.

NOT TRUE!!!

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29910&highlight=moome+++fury

Scope pics of HD Fury III and Moome respectively.
Fury at 1080p@60

Moome at 1080p@72 !!!

You need to get a VP and ditch the HTPC. Wink

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can’t argue about the pics that are for sure. In all honesty, I didn’t take their word for it with HD Fury being the better product. Pitty the XE/XS+ is so damn expensive, otherwise gone that route. Nahh.. as a poor fellow I have no chioce but go with Powerstrip. Smile
wildchild22

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that comparison was not the hdfury 4 aka 3dfury.

Also I said hdmi cannot handle the 72hz hdmi mode that is in the hdfury 4 that has big porch settings enough to allow a nec xg run 1080p@72hz with no image folder over.

Here are the timings for that mode

fclk = 187.11MHz

2310 htot

1920 hact

88 h front porch

44 h width

1125 vtot

1080 vact

4 v front porch

5 v width

Nashou66 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

NOT TRUE!!!

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29910&highlight=moome+++fury

Scope pics of HD Fury III and Moome respectively.
Fury at 1080p@60

Moome at 1080p@72 !!!

You need to get a VP and ditch the HTPC. Wink

Nashou
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My flickering problem is put to the test with going back to moome V1 and rule out what’s being wrong. Several hours later, starting from last night, there has been no flickering. Have an ongoing talk with moome himself on what might be wrong and will give VGA 5xBNC a chance next week when the cable gets here, that was his choice on what to try out next.

It seems there might be two separate problems, one being the green tube going in and out of focus, the other being the flickering, and don’t think they originate from the same place. I have ruled out heat problem, as it started right away both yesterday and now tonight. It’s a reoccurring phenomenon, and happens maybe once or twice within a movie, or many hours apart. I will trade places on the VNB. from green to blue, whilst putting in my basically new green tube maybe next week. That should rule out whether VNB is the problem with focusing.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when I thought things were going my way, with moome V3 being the culprit, the flicker is back. Sad, I was really hoping on getting the EXT moome 3D coming out soon as a replacement, but nhaa.. my rainy cloud is still with me and will have to settle with the V3 after all. In any such case, it happens to be a very nice up grade because that sharpness and clarity, and most important, the blackness in unbelievable. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I had to go back to the V1 as the blacks are completely off now. Looks like I’m watching a LCD pj from the looks of it, and very glad I can go back so soon.

End of story.

Last edited by thewolfman on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for my bad behaviour and deleting some post.

Last edited by thewolfman on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the remote works fine for me. You have to aim it at the card itself. Gamma works as well. The trim pot does not have a beginning or end.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6520

Lower the gamma with the gamma button till the yellow light stays on. this point is the remotes zero .

there is a guide you can download as well in that post

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trim pot starts at 07.00 and stops at 11.00. There is no such thing as limitless adjusting on this thing at least. I just measured it. And I put brand new batterys in the remote to make sure.

Nashou66 wrote:
the remote works fine for me. You have to aim it at the card itself. Gamma works as well. The trim pot does not have a beginning or end.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6520

Lower the gamma with the gamma button till the yellow light stays on. this point is the remotes zero .

there is a guide you can download as well in that post

Nashou

Last edited by thewolfman on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: