Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

LD-S9 in need or a good check-up

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Z-rizz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: LD-S9 in need or a good check-up Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello there,

As it says in the subject, I am the "almost" happy owner of a LD-S9. I have to say almost because it's started acting up!!! I have ugly discolored horizontal bars, reading problems at the end of side two of CLV lds and one sound output (coax) gone!
As I said, it needs a good check-up!

Could anyone help me? Pretty please Smile

Stephane

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Would anyone know what to do with my LD-S9 player? Or Would anyone be able to check my player and fix it? After some more playbacks, I can say that the problems listed above are consistent: The bars which look pinkish, the end of the side two that doesn't play (about 15min before the end, the playback starts to "stutter". If I insist, it stops and give me an E3 error).

Thanks to all.

Stephane

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try clean the laser gently with some isopropyl alcohol, and give the belt for the tray a good clean to.. take it out and put it in some hot sulfo Water, Its the 2 most common problems on Laserdisc machines.

And the sound output could just be a bad / broken soldering.
mc86

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a few pioneer LD players get a broken plastic part in shipping (long story) on ebay. It got so bad eventually I figured out how to replace the little part that was susceptible to breaking. $8/part from the factory and 30mins would do it. I got a little insight from a guy who does tons of LD fixes. I sent him a $10 thank you via paypal for his quick tip on ordering the part...want me to see if I can find his contact info for you?

cheers,
Matt
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is still in business. Supposed to be one of the best:
http://www.laserdiscservice.com/
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: