Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Need help to identify a Monoprice's 25' silver plated cable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT999

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Need help to identify a Monoprice's 25' silver plated cable. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just bought a Monoprice's 25' silver plated cable and the bag was opened; so, I can't tell if the cable insides was actually silver plated or not as the part # printed on the cable did not have any familiar indicator for this. So, if someone who happened to own a Monoprice's 25' silver plated cable and would be kind enough to look up and compare the info I have here to his/her cable to see if mine was a silver plated cable or not. The print my cable was:

High Speed HDMI cable E139956-T Shielded 22AWG AWM 20776 VW-1 Copartner Monoprice.

Thank you
DT999
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure. You may want to email monoprice.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that makes any real difference is does the cable work ?
DT999

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This cable works, but it had a bit more noises than a regular 6' cable. I ended up exchanged this cable for a new one in a sealed bag, and the printed on the cable itself was almost the same as the earlier cable, but it produced no noises. So, I wasn't sure if the previous cable was really a silver plated cable or it was just not as good of a cable. Any how, the new cable works very well now. Monoprice was really great with the return; so, I certainly will buy more products from them in the future. Thanks to all who replied to help me out.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try that analog spray on oil to make the sound and video appear more analog-like?

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with that product and a quick search didn't yield any tangible result.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Need help to identify a Monoprice's 25' silver plated cable. Reply with quote

Hello DT999

Thanks for your inquiry and my apologies for the trouble with the cable. Since the bag was opened, we would be happy to offer you a replacement cable to be certain you do receive a silver plated HDMI cable. If you would like me to proceed with this, all I would need is the order # this cable is under. Simply PM this to us and we can get the cable out to you right away! Sorry again for the trouble and thanks in advance!

Regards,
Monoprice Tech Support
------------------------------------------------------------------
DT999

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your (monoprice) offer regarding this thread. This problem had been resolved with a replacement cable and I was very happy with the result. The replacement service and process was excellent, very easy and pleasant; so, that earned my trust and ensured my future purchases with Monoprice for years to come. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: