Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

No more CRT for me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
macgyver655 wrote:
I can't really see it that well and I would ask some more questions for a better determination but i guess we are just going to bail on the subject. Like I just said in the other post, it's a problem and what ever is causing it is not relevant.....

I'll post a pic of mine tonight, Mac. Center is perfect, but red is one pixel out on the sides.

Honestly, it's really not even noticeable from my (very close) seating position. It's one pixel out at the left edge, 1/2 pixel out at the quarter-screen point, and perfect in the center.

That sounds terrible, but the corner focus and convergence on my G70 (while great for an 8" machine) was terrible compared to the digital. You're not really ever staring at the edge of the screen, anyway. The lack of perfect convergence is more than made up for by the exceptional sharpness, revealing detail I could never have dreamed of seeing with the G70.

There are certainly pluses and minuses, but overall I'm very happy so far.

I'm traveling all next week, but next weekend I'm hoping to play with 3D a little.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
I can't really see it that well and I would ask some more questions for a better determination but i guess we are just going to bail on the subject. Like I just said in the other post, it's a problem and what ever is causing it is not relevant.....

I'll post a pic of mine tonight, Mac. Center is perfect, but red is one pixel out on the sides.

Honestly, it's really not even noticeable from my (very close) seating position. It's one pixel out at the left edge, 1/2 pixel out at the quarter-screen point, and perfect in the center.

That sounds terrible, but the corner focus and convergence on my G70 (while great for an 8" machine) was terrible compared to the digital. You're not really ever staring at the edge of the screen, anyway. The lack of perfect convergence is more than made up for by the exceptional sharpness, revealing detail I could never have dreamed of seeing with the G70.

There are certainly pluses and minuses, but overall I'm very happy so far.

I'm traveling all next week, but next weekend I'm hoping to play with 3D a little.

SC

Yeah, I would like to see it just out of curiosity. I'm actually starting to down grade my digital bashing. We all know there are some issues with them but all in all they are very watchable. Heck, I have flat panels all over the house and in the motorhome and I dont complain. They are what they are and I agree there are a lot of circumstances where they are more convenient. I just wish all the comparison talk would stop. That's the part that bugs me a little.

Anyways, yes, pics are welcome.

Very Happy
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
I just wish all the comparison talk would stop. That's the part that bugs me a little.

I actually think comparisons are valid and useful. After all, as people make their decisions about which technology to choose, not choose, etc., I think the comparisons - especially if they're honest and objective - can be very helpful to many. After all, we're all about information exchange and learning from one another.

What bugs me is the hyperbole. Everybody has different budgets, priorities, and preferences, so we should all consider others' opinions and how their priorities align with ours. I see now reason to be critical about- or negative toward anybody else's choices (or even toward the gear they chose).

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
I just wish all the comparison talk would stop. That's the part that bugs me a little.

I actually think comparisons are valid and useful. After all, as people make their decisions about which technology to choose, not choose, etc., I think the comparisons - especially if they're honest and objective - can be very helpful to many. After all, we're all about information exchange and learning from one another.

What bugs me is the hyperbole. Everybody has different budgets, priorities, and preferences, so we should all consider others' opinions and how their priorities align with ours. I see now reason to be critical about- or negative toward anybody else's choices (or even toward the gear they chose).

SC

Maybe I should of said the negative comparison talk, which would be your hyperbole. So I guess I agree with you. Very Happy
VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
I can't really see it that well and I would ask some more questions for a better determination but i guess we are just going to bail on the subject.

Does this help?

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
HogPilot wrote:

Actually, it's most likely panel alignment rather than optics. It's very easy to produce an orientation where all three panels match in the center of the screen but not the edges. This can be caused by even the smallest difference in their angular relation to one another. The optics that combine all three chip images into one are fairly simple with flat surfaces - it's getting all three chips aligned properly with respect to the optics that's the challenge.

I have no problem agreeing with the fact that a panel misalignment can be correct in the center but off on an outer edges but this would be more of a poor quality issue. I've worked on many of LCD projectors and have never seen an image with these characteristics.

Are we talking about geometry or convergence here? Because every single 3-chip digital projector I have ever worked on has some convergence issues at least on the sides. Geometry is not a problem unless you are using an anamorphic lens.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a convergence issue. and my only problem with it is that JVC don't want to tell me what is acceptable tolerances.
It seriously pisses me off when they ask me to ship it back and they will look at it, and charge me for shipping both ways and time to look at it if they think its inside tolerances. depending on the mood of the technician, or his wife the morning before he went to work.

They could just tell me that 2 pixels off in the sides and ½ pixel in the center is the limit, on a 100" screen or something like that, and i would be pleased knowing that mine is perfectly ok.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HogPilot wrote:
The longevity of the "new" new bulb in comparison to the "old" new bulbs has been documented rather extensively on the "A" site. For those like kal who are considering an RS45 or RS55, this is a non-issue.

Are you sure that the RS45/55 ship with the newest bulb?

See this post in the RS55 owner's thread at AVS: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1375082/official-jvc-rs55-x70-owners-thread/2910#post_21976066

It's a guy that shows the new replacement bulb he got and how it's different from the old.
I could have sworn he was an RS55 owner.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
HogPilot

TV/Projector: Vizio P702ui-B3, Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD & 111FD

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
HogPilot wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
Well your 1/125000th is 1 micron, correct?

It's 1/25,000th - so one order of magnitude (roughly) larger than a micron.

macgyver655 wrote:
HogPilot wrote:

Actually, it's most likely panel alignment rather than optics. It's very easy to produce an orientation where all three panels match in the center of the screen but not the edges. This can be caused by even the smallest difference in their angular relation to one another. The optics that combine all three chip images into one are fairly simple with flat surfaces - it's getting all three chips aligned properly with respect to the optics that's the challenge.

I have no problem agreeing with the fact that a panel misalignment can be correct in the center but off on an outer edges but this would be more of a poor quality issue. I've worked on many of LCD projectors and have never seen an image with these characteristics.

I don't know what LCDs you've worked on, but like I said this issue is very well documented and understood within the digital community. Frankly the attention it's getting here is far more than it's worth; it makes for an acceptable academic discussion at best. In terms of real-world impact on image quality, it's generally unnoticeable with most material. We're talking an average of at most 1/2 pixel misconvergence at the edges (at least on projectors of decent quality). Different manufacturers are known for different levels of QC. Epson had a streak of poor QC for a while that led to rather egregious levels of misconvergence (multiple pixel widths). The worst I've seen on any of my JVCs was my Pioneer RS2 clone (FPJ1), and that was off by one whole pixel of red around the perimeter, which was noticeable for me. Every other JVC I've had maxed out around 1/2 pixel MC at the edges, and my current one has even less.

A DVD mechanism moves to within .74 micron and a blu ray to .32 micron for tracking. Very simple build and very accurate with very little cost and have been proven for over 20 years. So it's giving way more finer adjustment then you indicated to be required.

I agree on that the conversation is not even worth discussing any further. I'm just gathering ammo..... Laughing I guess the true cause doesn't even matter. It's a problem and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Sure, it moves linearly in one direction, and it's constantly moving. As I keep re-iterating, a proper convergence mechanism has to translate in all three axes and rotate in all three axes, so you're talking about something much more complex than a linear tracking mechanism. It also has to resist drifting over time and is subject to significant thermal swings every time the projector is turned on and off.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ammo." This isn't a CRT vs LCD vs DLP vs LCoS discussion, if that's what you're trying to turn it into. They all have their benefits and drawbacks on multiple levels.

He's mad at us for making Hog a moderator. He took his ball and went home.

SC
HogPilot

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Well i'm just looking my own JVC X7 and its like the geometry is a bit off between the panels, and its spot on in the center..

Gets worse the closer you get to the corners. So look like i should bend the panels to get it right.

Can you describe just how the grid is off on these outer edges or post a pic?

2 top corners and center

Is blue really that far off on the corners, or is that just CA induced by your camera lens? If it's actually what I'm seeing in the pictures - blue being off by more than one pixel - that's unacceptable. Anyone who tells you otherwise is not being honest with you. How long have you had this? I would highly recommend telling your dealer that he or she needs to make this right and get you another unit. Going direct to JVC should really be your last line of defense, as your dealer should be the one making this right. Mine always has.

SC

Last edited by HogPilot on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
HogPilot

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
HogPilot wrote:
The longevity of the "new" new bulb in comparison to the "old" new bulbs has been documented rather extensively on the "A" site. For those like kal who are considering an RS45 or RS55, this is a non-issue.

Are you sure that the RS45/55 ship with the newest bulb?

See this post in the RS55 owner's thread at AVS: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1375082/official-jvc-rs55-x70-owners-thread/2910#post_21976066

It's a guy that shows the new replacement bulb he got and how it's different from the old.
I could have sworn he was an RS55 owner.

Kal

Yes, the bulb was actually redesigned and available before this generation was released. There were parts internal to the bulb that were failing prematurely - these were redesigned and replaced. All of the current generation use the new bulb vs the old one with the faulty parts.

The mental fin that I mentioned - and that is mentioned in the post you linked above - appears to be a more recent addition to the design. However all the user-data I've seen suggests that the new bulb - with or without the fin - is behaving as it should, with normal low failure rates.

SC
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HogPilot wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Well i'm just looking my own JVC X7 and its like the geometry is a bit off between the panels, and its spot on in the center..

Gets worse the closer you get to the corners. So look like i should bend the panels to get it right.

2 top corners and center

Is blue really that far off on the corners, or is that just CA induced by your camera lens? If it's actually what I'm seeing in the pictures - blue being off by more than one pixel - that's unacceptable. Anyone who tells you otherwise is not being honest with you. How long have you had this? I would highly recommend telling your dealer that he or she needs to make this right and get you another unit. Going direct to JVC should really be your last line of defense, as your dealer should be the one making this right. Mine always has.

Its off with more than one pixel in the right corner, The problem is that its bought on Ebay in UK and he got it from USA, and he wont tell the name of the US dealer, and there is no clear answers regarding convergence, and i'm not going to ship my unit around the world, just to receive it back with no changes, except a lot of trowing around.

So i think it would be nice if some potential buyers asked the same question, or some of you guys already having JVC projectors asked and see if anyone got an clear answer. Mine is US model, so it would have to go back to US to get fixed / changed.

But i'm not really sure if its not over 1 year old now, JVC have been extremely slow, like i got the impression they are staling this until the time run out.
HogPilot

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
HogPilot wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

2 top corners and center

Its off with more than one pixel in the right corner, The problem is that its bought on Ebay in UK and he got it from USA, and he wont tell the name of the US dealer, and there is no clear answers regarding convergence, and i'm not going to ship my unit around the world, just to receive it back with no changes, except a lot of trowing around.

So i think it would be nice if some potential buyers asked the same question, or some of you guys already having JVC projectors asked and see if anyone got an clear answer. Mine is US model, so it would have to go back to US to get fixed / changed.

But i'm not really sure if its not over 1 year old now, JVC have been extremely slow, like i got the impression they are staling this until the time run out.

Yeah, that's a bummer man - the fact that you bought it used and that it was intended for a market in another country is going to give JVC a lot of leverage to stiff-arm you, which is unfortunate. Obviously that unit should have never gone out the door, or if the shift happened after the factory, the original dealer should have sent it back rather then allowing it to stay with his client. If I were you I wouldn't wait for JVC to give me a figure as to what's acceptable and what isn't in terms of convergence - that gives them the ability to tell you what is best for them. You should be telling them that the unit's convergence is unacceptable, and if whoever you're talking to tells you otherwise, you get their supervisor on the line. Repeat that process until you're willing to talk to someone 1) who is reasonable, and 2) who can actually exchange your unit. Don't let them push you around until the warranty runs out.

I wholeheartedly agree that one should ask about convergence when buying used PJs - it's one of the many questions that I ask as standard on the few occasions that I've looked at used projectors. It doesn't help that most people who sell projectors through general auction/classified sites like eBay usually don't have more than a superficial knowledge about what they're selling, so you're likely to get poor, bad, or no info. That's why I try to stick to sites like Audiogon and Videogon - not only is the average person there more knowledgeable about what they're selling than your average eBay user, but you're less likely to get scammed since the community is a lot smaller, and negative feedback is taken seriously there.

SC
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a NEW X7 from UNIVERSAL ELECTRONIX UK And they parallel imported it from US. Didn't know before i started asking questions, so he just call the US dealer.

I have been in direct contact with JVC europe/ UK and they have contacted JVC Japan, and never got any answer.

Actually just got answer today that they tried, and they couldn't get any answers from JVC Japan so i should try true JVC USA again. Been waiting over 3 months for that one, and i mailed them from time to time asking how went.

I now asked if they would supply an answer if i get someone with a danish sold unit to ask it.. I'm just so annoying.. Twisted Evil

After i got my 9500LC i'm not using my X7 anymore, not that its a bad projector, but the 9500 is just so much better that it hurts my eyes looking the JVC.

So ill think about shipping it back, like i never use it anyway, just to see what they will do, and learn from the experience.

But the point here is that JVC supply sh*tty or no information/ service, and i think others should be aware of it before they buy JVC.Not that they make bad projectors, actually i'm sure it some of the best black from new projectors, but they are far from perfect.
so if you expect a stable projector that you can calibrate to perfection.. its not JVC. But when you get it as good as it can get, it looks very good, compared to other digital projectors. But again its not faster or easy than calibrating a CRT, you will just spend time with other issues. and calibrate more often to keep a fair image.
HogPilot

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
I bought a NEW X7 from UNIVERSAL ELECTRONIX UK And they parallel imported it from US. Didn't know before i started asking questions, so he just call the US dealer.

Okay, I'm confused - was the party you bought your projector from an authorized JVC dealer or not? If they were, then they would have obtained your projector through JVC's official distribution channels rather than importing a projector from another dealer in another country. Importing introduces all sorts of legal issues with respect to the warranty. Also, if they're an authorized dealer, they certainly shouldn't be sending you directly to JVC to fix this issue - they should be resolving it because they're the dealer and that's part of their job. Based on the information you presented, it sounds like whoever you bought this from is a fly-by-night operation that's in no way officially affiliated with JVC or JVC's products.

stridsvognen wrote:
I have been in direct contact with JVC europe/ UK and they have contacted JVC Japan, and never got any answer.

Actually just got answer today that they tried, and they couldn't get any answers from JVC Japan so i should try true JVC USA again.

Again, I think you're wasting your time waiting for them to offer you an opinion of what's acceptable in terms of convergence - which, most likely, they simply won't do. You know that the convergence is unacceptable already, you just need to be pressing them to fix the issue.

stridsvognen wrote:
After i got my 9500LC i'm not using my X7 anymore, not that its a bad projector, but the 9500 is just so much better that it hurts my eyes looking the JVC.

So ill think about shipping it back, like i never use it anyway, just to see what they will do, and learn from the experience.

I wouldn't want to watch a projector with that much misconvergence either, it would drive me nuts.

stridsvognen wrote:
But the point here is that JVC supply sh*tty or no information/ service, and i think others should be aware of it before they buy JVC.Not that they make bad projectors, actually i'm sure it some of the best black from new projectors, but they are far from perfect.
so if you expect a stable projector that you can calibrate to perfection.. its not JVC. But when you get it as good as you can get, it looks very good, compared to other digital projectors. But again its not faster or easy than calibrating a CRT, you will just spend time with other issues. and calibrate more often to keep a fair image.

In all fairness, extrapolating generic statements about a whole line of projectors based on one admittedly bad example isn't in any way accurate or realistic. JVC has an authorized distribution and dealer network for a reason. The authorized dealer network exists to work the exact kind of issue you have with your projector. The fact that your dealer (who imported your projector through another, foreign dealer rather than a European distributor) is giving you the run around reflects poorly on your dealer, not on JVC. As I've stated before, every time I've had an issue with one of my JVC projectors - which has been rare - my dealer had the issue fixed for me immediately. His relationship with JVC allowed him to work the issue efficiently, and I just sat back and let him do what I paid him to do. But then again - with the exception of a handful of sellers - I wouldn't expect much from an operation selling new electronics on eBay.

SC
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HogPilot, would you be so kind to ask your authorized dealer what the convergence tolerances is for your model.?

Its a simple question, with a simple answer.

I talked with a JVC technicians here in denmark, and he indicated to me that JVC Japan was impossible to get any sort of information out of. And that they could not find any tolerances in the service manual. They gave me the key to enter the service menu in the X7 so i could see if there was any useful options there.

I sure know its sh*tty to get a parallel imported unit, and i was not aware before it was to late, But from earlier projector experience with Benq, i just called Benq direct, and with no questions asked they just asked for copy of the invoice and shipped a new unit asap. without knowing if it was me being a f*ck*** or the projector having a issue. They took care of the costumer no matter who had sold the unit or from where in the world.

Great service, and the way i like it in this global community with internet shopping getting more and more common, and actual dealers with decent demo quite impossible to find in a fair distance to most people.
And from what i see on other forums, it looks like SONY offer some of the same great service directly from the factory.

The problem with the convergence is not really a big problem on the image.. its only visible on rare occasions in the sides, and has nothing to do with the reason i prefer my CRT projector.
But thats another matter, and i might think we should take this convergence matter to another thread to. Like i'm not sure how much it really interest anyone in this one.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the love of macro photography can anyone borrow an appropriate lens and document like I did years ago. You are trying to provide captures of an off pixel and then showing a picture with hundreds of pixels and asking people to discern for proper analysis.

I also wonder what the order is for some of these panel alignment/convergence issues and that of an AT screen material. If I can see 'relief' of an AT screen material, I have then have to eliminate that, my own poor vision and corrective vision, etc., before trying to document a fractional mis-alignment to afford a case of poor image quality to me.

And this should be easily accomplished. Stop screwing around you pin heads. Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan for the love of you, and your need to see your (thing) with a macro lens, ill make a JVC convergence thread, and do my bast to document it. and hopefully others will do the same, so wee will see a general picture of those projectors convergence behavior.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=347279#347279
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HogPilot wrote:

Sure, it moves linearly in one direction, and it's constantly moving. As I keep re-iterating, a proper convergence mechanism has to translate in all three axes and rotate in all three axes, so you're talking about something much more complex than a linear tracking mechanism. It also has to resist drifting over time and is subject to significant thermal swings every time the projector is turned on and off.

Just can't think outside that box I see. I'd be wasting my breath talking about this any further. Like they would actually implement something that was simple, if it is a panel problem. And don't bother responding with how complex it would be again. The conversation is just not worth my time anymore.

HogPilot wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "ammo." This isn't a CRT vs LCD vs DLP vs LCoS discussion, if that's what you're trying to turn it into. They all have their benefits and drawbacks on multiple levels.

I don't even have to take the safety off in this thread. It's doing it all by itself.....
Tinman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:

I don't even have to take the safety off in this thread. It's doing it all by itself.....

Funny thing.....

For someone who hates digitals, you sure have a pixely avatar. Twisted Evil

I don't understand this whole one pixel convergence issue.... My Epson is smack on in the center and about half off on the edges. I was honestly surprised it was THAT good. And I think that's caused more by the optics at that, since focus is also a hair off on the edges. And this is only visible at my comfortable seating distance of 1 foot from the screen.
Even one pixel off is not visible from normal viewing distance. Or am I missing something? Yeah, one pixel at 640 X 480, or at 1280 X 720.... But damn small at 1920 X 1080... I remember the first sharpvision projector. Bricks for pixels, and we loved it anyway just because it could project a 200" screen. Now that I think back, it was HORRIBLE! But no one cared back when the best source was a Laserdisc.

So far, the digital has more consistent convergence and focus than any CRT I have ever had. The big 9'er was good, but it took a lot of work to get it that good. And yet it was never THAT good. Maybe this error is what gives it that "smooth" image. I don't know, but I enjoyed it with all it's 3 CRT induced flaws.

In the end, you just don't see any of this from a normal seating distance.
Did all you guys get some special Lasic deal? Seriously, who spends all their time staring at test patterns? At some point you just have to admit that there is no perfect display, just as there are no perfect eyes. Geez....

I actually had to get away from the stupid habit of throwing up a test grid mid-movie just to check for drift. When compulsive behavior takes over and you tweak a display more than watching content on it....

I'm watching Movies. And now I get the bonus of using a Computer to do ALL of the work. I can even play a round of DOOM without having to enter a new resolution and spending hours converging it.

I think even if they make 120" OLED screens that hang on the wall with 4K resolution and obviously PERFECT black levels, someone will STILL bitch about it. I'm not even sure I can SEE 4k yet....

And having said all that, even a cheap 1080P digital projector nowadays can give a better experience than sitting in a movie theater with small kids and cell phones.

You guys kill me. I used to be just like you. Then I quit LOOKING for flaws, because you will ALWAYS find them.

Enjoy the movie and popcorn already.... Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: