Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony VPH-1020Q and Toshiba Satellite P775

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClydesdaleCoop

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Sony VPH-1020Q and Toshiba Satellite P775 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Ok, I'm a complete noob when it comes to RGB projectors. That being said, I was given a VPH-1020Q and understand that it's 480i which is just fine since I'll be using this for in home VJ/DJ stuff for dances we host (mostly just lighting effects broadcast from floor level). I don't need the res to be high, I just need to get the darn thing to accept input from my lappy. I bought a VGA to 5BNC cable and connected the projector to my laptop, set resolution to 720x480 60Hz and all I got was scrambled output. I thought that 720x480 was the proper setting, but now I'm not so sure. Can anyone help the noob out? I am using an Intel HD Graphics 3000 on Win 7 SP 1 and routinely run a second monitor from the VGA output.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Brian
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you need 320 X 240, which most current computers can't do.

Keep an eye out for a data grade projector with more light output. Post where you're located as well, as people here regularly get rid of semi working sets, or check CL, they are there all the time, working or not.

Welcome to our insane little forum.
ClydesdaleCoop

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt,
I'll check the CL.
On that note, anybody nearby trying to get rid of a dat grade projector?
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt has loads of them for sale, and they will be reliable too. See what he has, the 1020Q will only really be any good for playing retro video games, and it will be PERFECT for that Wink
ClydesdaleCoop

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case and Curt,
Thanks for your reply, but now I have a heavy piece of...well...equipment and no lights for the party. I know I'm jumping topics here, but I'd like to get this hooked up to something, even my old DVD/VCR, so I can make a simple DVD of rotating effects. Can I connect this to my player via a coax using a F to BNC connector and using the Line-in? Also, I can get my resolution down to 320*240 but the output is just garbled like a combination v-hold/h-hold squiggly line mess. I have to assume it's refresh rate. What refresh rate would I have to hit to make this work with the lappy.

BTW, you may ask why I'm not just grabbing one of Curt's deals. You see, I'm married. Nuff' said. This is all for fun and we all know that wives equate fun with free. Oh, and we're both Dutch making it doubly hard to squeeze funds from an empty wallet. I'll accept no pity for that, but a semi functional *free projector would not be turned down.
mc86

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you need to run the cable/coax through an rf modulator for composite video, I have one collecting dust you can have for shipping costs ($5?). I'm not sure what that video in bnc takes...
Matt
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClydesdaleCoop wrote:
Case and Curt,
Thanks for your reply....

Pleasure Wink
ClydesdaleCoop wrote:
You see, I'm married. Nuff' said...

Ok mate look, who is wearing the pants there? Who picks the colour? Do you mow the lawn any way you like as long as its done her way? Laughing Laughing
mc86 wrote:
I'm not sure what that video in bnc takes...
Matt

What do you mean by that? Do you mean what signal will the composite video take?
mc86

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
ClydesdaleCoop wrote:
Case and Curt,
Thanks for your reply....

Pleasure Wink
ClydesdaleCoop wrote:
You see, I'm married. Nuff' said...

Ok mate look, who is wearing the pants there? Who picks the colour? Do you mow the lawn any way you like as long as its done her way? Laughing Laughing
mc86 wrote:
I'm not sure what that video in bnc takes...
Matt

What do you mean by that? Do you mean what signal will the composite video take?

Yes, I wasn't 100$ sure the bnc video-in he mentioned was composite, through I presumed it was in offering the rf modulator. I think the guy is gone tho'...
matt
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mc86 wrote:
if you need to run the cable/coax through an rf modulator for composite video, I have one collecting dust you can have for shipping costs ($5?). I'm not sure what that video in bnc takes...
Matt

Sorry Matt, this is completely wrong. An RF modulator goes from video to RF, not the other way around. He needs a VCR to take cable down to composite video. A DVD already has composite video out, so all he needs is an RCA to BNC adapter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: