Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

My favorite amplifiers..!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Nad's do sound nice. I am an Adcom Fanboy I must admit. My main amp in my theater is a 5503 . It is a 3 channel 200wpc into 8 ohms. Heavy beast. And actually I am looking right now for a 6 channel Adcom for my Restaurant to pair with an Adcome GTP 506 I want to find, the Pre amp is a dual tuner 3 zone unit. One for the cooks line one for the dining area and one for the Kitchen zone is my plan. I have two systems now and want to make room in the office.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krell KAV 500 or 1500 5 channel amps for HT. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Pass labs Aleph 5 stereo amp for audio. 60 watts of pure class A per channel Cool
jask

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Nad's do sound nice. I am an Adcom Fanboy I must admit. My main amp in my theater is a 5503 . It is a 3 channel 200wpc into 8 ohms. Heavy beast. And actually I am looking right now for a 6 channel Adcom for my Restaurant to pair with an Adcome GTP 506 I want to find, the Pre amp is a dual tuner 3 zone unit. One for the cooks line one for the dining area and one for the Kitchen zone is my plan. I have two systems now and want to make room in the office.

Athanasios

Did you see the one on eBay for 275?
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jask wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

Athanasios

Did you see the one on eBay for 275?

Well just got the GTP 506 for 175 So I am almost there. I have an adcom GFA 535 amp I use for the line where i spend most my time. But it be less space consumption if I find a 6 channel amp, there is a 5006 on ebay right now, its 50WPC unit. But i have to wait for more funding .

Excited about the GTP 506 alway wanted one for year but they were super expensive new.

Adcom's sound great and are built very well.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
Peresve

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Electro Research Reply with quote

I have an Electro Research EK-1 preamp with a panasonic strain gauge pickup and I am very interested in more info on the a75 and hopefully to get hold of one!
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Electro Research Reply with quote

Peresve wrote:
I have an Electro Research EK-1 preamp with a panasonic strain gauge pickup and I am very interested in more info on the a75 and hopefully to get hold of one!

Good luck with that..

ill recomend that you stay off high hour A75 amps, or anyone that have been modified, or in other ways changed parts, unless you just like the look of it.

The amp is very complex, with massive amount of trimpots inside to trimm different feedback loops and stuff.

no one know how to adjust it, and what to look for.'

I have a low hour A75, very nice amp, and i have another that came from asia.. its not in a good shape.

It will play with a lot of defect transistors, the only indicator will be its sound, and the _DC drift.

You will be able to see on the meeter in the front plate.

If both input and output Dc dont have same start point at cold, its a indication something is wrong.. It will still play.

Mine had 7 defect output transistors, and still playing strong.. but i seems to miss some like the -dc is still off.

Normaly they will start up with positive in one chanel and negstive voltage in the other.. thats not right.

So unless its for display and historic reasons ill not recoment the A75, its nice when working, but a pain when not, and imposible to fix to its original level, or sound.
Peresve

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Electro Research A75 Reply with quote

Thank you fot your quick answer! I am so satisfied with the preamp I thought the poweramp is also good! Do you know how many were built and if they are multivoltage?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Electro Research A75 Reply with quote

Peresve wrote:
Thank you fot your quick answer! I am so satisfied with the preamp I thought the poweramp is also good! Do you know how many were built and if they are multivoltage?

They are multi voltage.. If needet the transformer can be set for your voltage, it takes some soldering and its not easy to get to.. And the fan, output relay and hour counter needs to be changed.

Finding one is hard, finding the right voltage.. Guess lol

I got 1 or each, but bouth setup for 220V now. It did give me some trouble transforming the 120V.

The diagram i got was not complete, so i was a bit scared to mess it up.

First thing you should do with old gear like that is to check the DC on in and output, and scope the bandwidth, and in the case of a pre amp, also test the bandwidth true the riaa..

That will tell a lot about its condition, if its not the same in both channels, you need to find the error before you use it more.

Unless you like to gamble with your gear.

Its old equipment.. soon 40 years.. its amasing it still lives.
Peresve

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Electro Research A75 Reply with quote

Thanks again for your quick and good answers. Would it be easiest to find a A75 in Singapore/Hong Kong? It looks like you are in Denmark?! I live on Tjörn, swedish westcoast! Maybe it would be possible to see and hear your equipment?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Electro Research A75 Reply with quote

Peresve wrote:
Thanks again for your quick and good answers. Would it be easiest to find a A75 in Singapore/Hong Kong? It looks like you are in Denmark?! I live on Tjörn, swedish westcoast! Maybe it would be possible to see and hear your equipment?

Sure you can here mine, but it wont be possible this year, im going out of the country for some time next year, and im not finished to rebuild my house, so i dont have anything setup at the moment.
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 pages, and no Gryphon yet? Come on Kurt! Wink
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:

Lol.. Gryphon factory is 15Km from my home.

They look nice, they are heavy. Well and thats about that. Sure it will look nice in the stack, but i think ill need to wait till i hear a Gryphon amp that can play music, and not just make sounds.
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
They look nice, they are heavy. Well and thats about that. Sure it will look nice in the stack, but i think ill need to wait till i hear a Gryphon amp that can play music, and not just make sounds.

Interesting you say that. I had the chance to listen to big Gryphon system (Mikado signature CD player, Sonata/Allegro preamp, Antilleon signature poweramp, Atlantis speakers, with appropriate cabling) for a few times and I found it to pretty impressive, and other who also heard it couldn't name any other system that is more musical, and more defined than the Gryphon, not that I am about to buy one... $$$ Razz

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New amp im my colection.

Its a Daner Namit PA 150. its based on a DOXA 70 in another cabinet with better cooling, higher bias, and much less feedback.

It is the amp who get a 3 place on my favorite amps, right after the Dali Gravity and Dali Lectron.

Its a class AB amp with 2x100W made around 1990.

Very hard to find, ill guess around 10pcs were made.
MTR

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some genuine gorgeousness in this thread. Love the Dali with the on/off key (!). Surprised have not seen that from other marques.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key thing comes from the older Daner Audio Systems.

The one in the picture is a Daner Linea, its a pre amp with 6 inputs, and no riaa.

There is also a Daner Detal who is the same, just with Riaa.
And then there is the Daner Expan, who is the MC stepup.

They are only sold in Denmark and Norway, that i know about, but i know it was reprecented at CES sometimes around 1988.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
gjaky wrote:

They look nice, they are heavy.

Heavy is an understatement... The Gryphon Solo Mephisto Monoblock amplifiers are 238 lbs (108 kg) each!
Another way to put it, they're only $438 USD per pound. (They're 84,000 EURO or $115K USD each)

They certainly are nice to look at:

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
nettwerkjohn

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn. these underpants was fresh on this morning, now i done soiled em... that gryphon sure is purdy
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
gjaky wrote:

They look nice, they are heavy.

Heavy is an understatement... The Gryphon Solo Mephisto Monoblock amplifiers are 238 lbs (108 kg) each!
Another way to put it, they're only $438 USD per pound. (They're 84,000 EURO or $115K USD each)

They certainly are nice to look at:

Kal

Well, I had the pleasure once to help in transporting one Gryphon Antilleon Signature stereo amplifier, it is "just" 90kgs we were four and had to bring from the 2nd floor without elevator, wasn't a piece of cake... But then we had to bring two of Gryphon Atlantis speakers as well (100kgs each) Very Happy

It was for the Budapest High End Show in 2012:
Clearaudio UF-1 power conditioner
Clearaudio Innovation turntable, with Clearaudio DaVinci pickup.
Clearaudio Balanced Reference Phono Stage
Gryphon Atlantis speakers
Gryphon Antilleon Signature Amp
Gryphon Sonata/Allegro Preamp / PSU
Gryphon Mikado signature CD player
Appropriate Gryphon cabling for power lines, interconnect, and speakers

BHES2012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.73 KB
 Viewed:  148960 Time(s)

BHES2012.jpg

Kurt12

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Speaking of amps... Reply with quote

Speaking of amps, does anybody have any recommendations on a good prosound amp that would be good to power a 15" Sub. I want to stay away from plate amps because they don't last very long (about 3 years from my experience). Some of the more reliable prosound amps like QSC are $1K and up. Is there something good and reliable for under $500?

Kurt12
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: