Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Denon AVR-2307CI - Turns on then goes into protection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Then remove C101FR and recheck TP102.

But with it still shutting down with R117FR removed there maybe damage in the protection circuit. Let me know what you get after removing that cap.
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Then remove C101FR and recheck TP102.

But with it still shutting down with R117FR removed there maybe damage in the protection circuit. Let me know what you get after removing that cap.

Removed C101FR and the testpoint reads 3.49vdc now, a bit lower but pretty much the same, unit still goes into protection

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the heck of it, disconnect CP103 again and see if it still stays on. if it does also check TP102 again.
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Just for the heck of it, disconnect CP103 again and see if it still stays on. if it does also check TP102 again.

With CP103 disconnected TP102 has 0.00vdc and the receiver stays on

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy112 wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:

With CP103 disconnected TP102 has 0.00vdc and the receiver stays on

For the life of me I can't see where that 3.5v is coming from if all the parts are removed that I said to. BUT, I dont think that is causing the shutdown anyways since removing R117FR disconnects that FR channel from the protection circuit. I think something is blown in the protect circuit causing the shutdown. So we will disregard that 3.5v for now.

You are going to have to test a bunch of parts with your DMM on diode scale, receiver off and your looking for shorts between legs. Take your time and check all these and make a note if it tests funny, even if not a direct short.

Here's your list:

Q179
ZD133
ZD134
D138A
Q178
Q177
Q171D
Q182
Q183
Q171B
Q174
Q173
Q171C
Q176
Q175
Q171A
Q172
Q171
ZD136
D137
Q181
Q180
D135

See you tomorrow, Enjoy.......
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,

thats quite the list lol, I haven't checked them out yet... my friends DMM took a crap as well, so I am waiting til tonight to get yet a different one from a different friend.

I just wanted to let you, and those who have been following this and the AVR-5805 topic, that I have gotten the AVR 5805 (one of them) FULLY working as it should be. One of the connectors on the mainboard wasn't quite plugged in and that was the issue I was having with the tone and so on.

It FULLY works, and FULLY blows me away Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

I cannot describe my level of happiness. All thats left I guess is the other AVR 5805. Of which we will get to sooner or later Razz

Thanks for all your help on the 5805s Mac, you are and will always be an invaluable person to know Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sell yourself short either. Your doing very well at this.

As a matter of fact, I've been thinking about letting you change that ic on the cpu board I have here from your 5805. Of course I would talking you through the entire process including all my secrets (offline of course, lol). If your going to being doing this stuff frequently then you need to learn all aspects of repairing..... Very Happy
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Don't sell yourself short either. Your doing very well at this.

As a matter of fact, I've been thinking about letting you change that ic on the cpu board I have here from your 5805. Of course I would talking you through the entire process including all my secrets (offline of course, lol). If your going to being doing this stuff frequently then you need to learn all aspects of repairing..... Very Happy

Indeed I do. And thanks mac, I appreciate that compliment a lot Embarassed

I'm hoping we can get the 2307CI figured out, since there are a few other receivers I've been scoping out and they appear to have similar problems.

Again thanks Mac, your help you have provided means a lot to me. I will keep you updated on the 2307CI as soon as I get a multimeter here to use lol.

For now, lets hope the AVR 5805 stays cooperating (which I am sure it will since it will NOT be getting shipped anymore,... ever Mr. Green )

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,

Sorry for being gone for a few days, managed to come down with a nice weekend cold on Friday night, pretty much put everything on hold...

Anyway im mostly back up to snuff, and before I got back into the 2307CI, I wanted to finish up my AVR 5805

Now everythings fine, except for when I put the bottom cover on the unit. When I turn it on, all is normal, except the green power LED stays blinking after the relays click.... It wont stop blinking until I remove the bottom cover, then the unit is just fine like it should be.

I am completely baffled since I have been staring at the bottom looking for anything that might be shorting out...

Dont suppose you might have an idea? lol

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To long of a screw maybe?
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:

I don't think so, they are all the same size, and theres no bends or anything. I've checked to make sure the screws wont hit anything and I could not find anything that the screws would come into contact with that would make it do that.

I'll have to check it out tomorrow. I didnt have time today to mess with anything since I was busy catching back up on stuff that I fell behind on from the damn cold.

Tomorrow its Denon day Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy112 wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:

I don't think so, they are all the same size, and theres no bends or anything. I've checked to make sure the screws wont hit anything and I could not find anything that the screws would come into contact with that would make it do that.

I'll have to check it out tomorrow. I didnt have time today to mess with anything since I was busy catching back up on stuff that I fell behind on from the damn cold.

Tomorrow its Denon day Very Happy

It's suppose to rain here all day tomorrow so I should be available.......
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So howabout this Mac, its been over 2 years since we worked on it, and guess what, I got it to work - (I took the easy way out and bought a brand spanking new (literally looked fresh off the assembly line) mainboard for this unit, it was under $30 so it was worth buying. It also came with a bunch of other brand new circuit boards for this AVR as well.

So, it doesn't go into protect, and I at least got the amp/heatsink block working too so that's all good...

Now I have a different issue with this AVR, when I turn OFF Tone Defeat, sound cuts out. Turn it on, and sound comes back. Change sound mode from Stereo or Direct to any surround mode and sound cuts out, go back to Stereo or direct, sound comes back.

The only thing I can adjust on here that affects sound is the channel level, and equalization settings. Otherwise all other attempts at surround or sound adjustment have failed.

Any ideas? All the connections are perfect, I just finished re-assembling the entire AVR after a complete teardown to check for cracked solder connections/bent contacts etc... all looked perfect.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also add that sometimes when pressing the speaker A or B buttons that instead of turning speaker A or B on or off, it will switch the input to something else or bring up the Zone 2 Power On/Off on the display

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the 2307?
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it is, Laughing

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I finally had some time to look over the schematics on this. I think you need to check a couple things first. On the harness that goes from the front board to the CPU board, it is connector CP301b on the CPU board. If you can test at this connect, set DMM to DC voltage, turn on receiver, neg probe on pin20 then test pin 22 for 5.6v, then test voltage on pins 1, 2 and 3. Let me know what you get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: