Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

1920x1080p 72Hz capable

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nombz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: 1920x1080p 72Hz capable Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Since my current solution doesnt seem to be able to handle the BW of 1080p 72Hz I am looking at the moome products to see if they better fit my need.

I can see that it supports the standard resolutions, but I want to feed it 1080p 72Hz using HDMI (since DVI isnt really enough to handle the BW I think) from a HTPC. That means that I will be setting the porches as I want them (using powerstrip or something similiar).

I do not think this is a problem for the EXT-FULLHD V3 but I want to make sure and get your opinion on doing this (since my current solution also claimed 1080p 72Hz capable but turns out to have "limitations" when it comes to that)?

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was your current solution?
nombz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

My previous solution was a hdfury 3. Now it is straight VGA since that looks better since the hdfury gives me digital artifacts (and hey, I am using crt Smile )with the higher 1080p 72hz BW.

I have a thread (http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25474)on the hdfury forum on what could be wrong with that solution, but that is really off-topic here. I want to know that it will really be possible to use moome ext with 72Hz and that someone really does (not that someone just saw that it synced and said hey it works).

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1920X1080P /72hz should be no problem for the Moome, but I'm not that familiar with the external Moome to say for sure.

Craig Rounds would be the expert on this regarding the performance of all the Moome products and the Fury's.

Hopefully he'll chime in here, or you could shoot him a PM (CIR engineering)
kabuby77

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internal moome can play 1920x1080@72/75 Hz, not the exrternal
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1920x1080p 72Hz capable Reply with quote

nombz wrote:
Since my current solution doesnt seem to be able to handle the BW of 1080p 72Hz I am looking at the moome products to see if they better fit my need.

I can see that it supports the standard resolutions, but I want to feed it 1080p 72Hz using HDMI (since DVI isnt really enough to handle the BW I think) from a HTPC. That means that I will be setting the porches as I want them (using powerstrip or something similiar).

I do not think this is a problem for the EXT-FULLHD V3 but I want to make sure and get your opinion on doing this (since my current solution also claimed 1080p 72Hz capable but turns out to have "limitations" when it comes to that)?

I have used the Moome external v1 and v2 to run 1080p 72Hz on one client system. In this case it worked fine. The v3 had an issue with custom resolutions and image shift where every time you tried to select a new scan rate (even after setup) the image would be in the wrong place. You might want to contact Moome and see if this has been resolved or if the image shift feature can be disabled. I think Moome did add the ability to turn off the image shift feature, but I am not sure so ask him directly.

What projector are you running? If you have a Sony, Marquee, or NEC you should get the internal board as they function better for specific projectors.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
nombz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1920x1080p 72Hz capable Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
nombz wrote:

I have used the Moome external v1 and v2 to run 1080p 72Hz on one client system. In this case it worked fine. The v3 had an issue with custom resolutions and image shift where every time you tried to select a new scan rate (even after setup) the image would be in the wrong place. You might want to contact Moome and see if this has been resolved or if the image shift feature can be disabled. I think Moome did add the ability to turn off the image shift feature, but I am not sure so ask him directly.

What projector are you running? If you have a Sony, Marquee, or NEC you should get the internal board as they function better for specific projectors.

craigr

Thanks a lot for your input Craig!

I dont know how to ask this without sounding disrespectful so please forgive me but are you SURE it was running correctly? Not just that it was syncing correctly? (your record on curtpalme.com tells me that your word is good but just to make sure yóu seen it running for a longer time and really tried to setup the pj with this). No issues like what this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zQ1oq0zzQY (from my current setup)?
It looks ok at first glimpse but then you see that the picture is... hard to the eyes and then I found out that on red (and sometimes blue) there is digital "issues".

I have a Barco so no internal card possible.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks really impressive, thanks for posting up
Gerbrand

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nombz wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

My previous solution was a hdfury 3. Now it is straight VGA since that looks better since the hdfury gives me digital artifacts (and hey, I am using crt Smile )with the higher 1080p 72hz BW.

I have a thread (http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25474)on the hdfury forum on what could be wrong with that solution, but that is really off-topic here. I want to know that it will really be possible to use moome ext with 72Hz and that someone really does (not that someone just saw that it synced and said hey it works).

(I know HDFury is off-topic, but still...)

I have been experiencing the same problems you have with the combination HTPC-HDFury3, even on 1080p60. With regular AV devices, this issue did not occur.

I recently purchased a new graphic card for my HTPC. This one has a HDMI connection, so I now can use a straight HDMI cable. Previously I have been using a DVI-HDMI adaptor. Now the problems have disappeared! I still cannot do 1080p72, though.

Gerbrand

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Will the Moome V1 internalwork for 1080P 72/75hz on my Marquee 9500LC? I have it on the floor but haven't got around to actually calibrate the man thing.

Regards

Ulf
dturco

TV/Projector: Runco DLP VX-3000i Marquee 9500 parts doner

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Hi!

Will the Moome V1 internalwork for 1080P 72/75hz on my Marquee 9500LC? I have it on the floor but haven't got around to actually calibrate the man thing.

Regards

Ulf

Look four posts up at CIR Engineerings post. Smile

The V-1 Moome card will display the 1080p signal, but it really is no where near able to do it justice, it limits the bandwith by quite a bit. Some of the V-2 cards do a really good job if it has the Mike Parker mods and all of the V-3 cards can do an almost perfect rendition of 1080p 72 very low signal loss.

The V-1 is the last card of choice in the Moome line up.

http://www.hulu.com/firefly
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okej, thanks.

Well, it didn't but only 60hz as i finally found the correct manual for it. I will need to buy another one. It's a pity it can't be an internal moome 1.4 and 3D for Marquee AND 72/5hz. I will have to choose from one or the other. But it will be internal V3 1.3 for sure.
nombz

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerbrand wrote:
nombz wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

(I know HDFury is off-topic, but still...)

I have been experiencing the same problems you have with the combination HTPC-HDFury3, even on 1080p60. With regular AV devices, this issue did not occur.

I recently purchased a new graphic card for my HTPC. This one has a HDMI connection, so I now can use a straight HDMI cable. Previously I have been using a DVI-HDMI adaptor. Now the problems have disappeared! I still cannot do 1080p72, though.

Gerbrand

Well, DVI->HDMI adaptor will only give you 165Mhz BW since it is converting only single channel DVI to HDMI.

With HDMI <-> HDMI you can get 340Mhz since HDMI 1.3 can do that with a single channel (while DVI on single channel can only do 165Mhz).

(see my conclusions on the hdfury forum in the link in the first posts).

Also it looks like it depends on the hdfury 3 version you have. I have the white (which is the first) which is slower than the black (although they were/are sold with the RAMDAC 225Mhz, HDMI1.3 and 1080p72Hz specs....).

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was part of the beta-testing programme of the HDFury3, so I reckon I have the early version.

When I try to do 1080p72 with my HTPC, it just says that this resolution is not supported.

I am considering buying a HDFury4 at some point.

Gerbrand

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: