Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

need htpc with hdmi and componant out

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REGNAD

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: need htpc with hdmi and componant out Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
hello all, im using componant video on my g70 with a blu ray player. seems like the projected image shifts all the time with different movies. i didnt have this problem with my 1252/htpc setup. i assume its because the pc allways output the same freq. immage? i dont have a moome hdmi card, is there a way to go back to pc and output hdmi (for uncompressed audio) and componant for video? i cant seem to find and video cards that do this.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youll need to learn how to spell it before you can make it work Laughing

Yep, any video card with the pins for the sound input will put out sound from the DVI socket, and the other multi socket is the socket youll use to get component video from.

Why not run the sound from the PC 7.1ch output on the sound card to the 7.1ch input on the amp?
REGNAD

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand that hdmi is the only way to get the uncompressed audio. andid rather my surround receiver do the decoding. Oh, and as my signature says, to hel with spel cheker!
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the sig, hence the comment Wink Haha!!

I dont know for sure, you could be right if youre talking about BDs on a PC, but for playing rips you can get out more with the sound card out in most cases i reckon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: