Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Rebuildable tubes section

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuda'

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Rebuildable tubes section Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
How about a page listing all the rebuildable tubes.

Or, putting a check by the PJ's that have rebuildables on the projector specification pages.

I know it would help me choose which pj to get next if I knew which ones had tubes that could be rebuilt. Then I could know the ins and outs of the pj and keep it going forever. Very Happy

Just a thought

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the above, I'd like to see a table of tube numbers, what the numbers mean (if anything) and what projectors they're used in.
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuda': Interesting idea, but when it comes to info on the site, I try and limit it to information that doesn't change (like specs).

Which tubes are rebuildable depends on what VDC is able to rebuild, and changes from time to time. Your best to contact *them* for that list.

Not to mention I have no idea myself. If someone creates such a list, I'd be happy to add it, with a large disclaimer that it may be out of date and that VDC should be contacted for the most up to date information.

Moose: If someone wants to attempt that sort of list, I can also add it to the site.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Cuda'

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought about it like that, I guess you would have to stay on top of what vdc is doing to keep things current.

I was browsing the vdc website and they had mitsubishi tubes for $100.00 Just thought to myself what do they fit in so that you could have a fully retubed pj for 300 bucks.

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuda' wrote:
Never thought about it like that, I guess you would have to stay on top of what vdc is doing to keep things current.

I was browsing the vdc website and they had mitsubishi tubes for $100.00 Just thought to myself what do they fit in so that you could have a fully retubed pj for 300 bucks.

They might fit the RPTV's. Mitsubishi had some fine ones. 65 and 72 inch 16 x 9 sets with 9 inch guns. That's what I was origionaly looking for when I stumbled uppon Curt Plame.

You got the link to those?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Cuda'

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tubes are still on sale at vdc, and it is $250 for a set of three.

Mitsubishi did make a nice RPTV my friends ex-wife had his 57 incher, man was that thing sharp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: