Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Darbeevision
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Djude

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just purchased the Darbee 5000S. From what I understand it is the successor to the 5000. The change is massive for me. I'm running it on a 9500LC modded by Dragan that I have owned for 6 years. My screen is about 105 inches, and I watch from about 8 ft away. I've always felt that my picture lacked some detail on any source other than BD. This thing "seems" to sharpen everything up. I realize it may be a cheat.... But WHO CARES.... The difference is substantial.

I watched a downloaded 1080p version of Ghost Protocol last night. The additional details in actor's faces is very noticeable. I got mine off of Amazon thinking that if I didn't like it, I would just return it. No harm no foul.... I'm keeping it.... I did have issues getting it to sync up at first. I think it was having a handshake problem. I run it Source- AVR- 25ft HDMI cable- Darbee- 3ft HDMI cable- 9500 PJ. After powering everything down and running it through the BD, everything came up.
I ran it through the BD first and the effect was substantial, then through Dish, not as much, and then through HTPC with great results.

Hope this helps someone else pull the trigger and at least give it a chance. Results may vary......
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djude wrote:
Just purchased the Darbee 5000S. I got mine off of Amazon thinking that if I didn't like it, I would just return it. No harm no foul.... I'm keeping it....

Cool - thanks for posting your review!

Link to the Darbee 5000S on Amazon: http://amzn.to/231HvsA

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Djude wrote:
Just purchased the Darbee 5000S. I got mine off of Amazon thinking that if I didn't like it, I would just return it. No harm no foul.... I'm keeping it....

Cool - thanks for posting your review!

Link to the Darbee 5000S on Amazon: http://amzn.to/231HvsA

Kal

Now, if Darbee would only come out with a new unit that would be able pass and process a native 4K signal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: