Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

How to use Plasma Picture Controls with Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLM

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: How to use Plasma Picture Controls with Software Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I own a professional Panasonic Plasma TH-65PF12UK that I have been trying for about two years to get the picture right.
I am considering purchasing the Eye One with Chroma Pure auto adjust to calibrate the Plasma.

I am having difficulty understanding how I use all the Plasma Picture controls with these products. How can something auto calibrate without me actually physically setting the controls. This Plasma has many picture controls including advanced.

I am sorry I don't understand how I would set the meter on the screen, load the software on my windows XP laptop, and set all the plasma controls.

Can someone help me understand the process and how all the equipment works together to get the Plasma Picture looking good.

Thank you,
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video processor sits in between the source and the display and changes the signal. The PC controls the processor via rs-232. The display itself is not changed. It is the signal going into it that is adjusted.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if the Plasma Display is not changed how is the picture calibrated?

The One Eye Sensor sits in front of the display on a dangle or tripod and I assume senses the picture from the Plasma. The sensor is connected to the PC via USB port. The PC has the Chroma Software to work with the One Eye Sensor. Is there a wired connection to the Plasma?

Are you saying there is a connection to the Plasma Display via a re-232 connection that auto sets the setting inside the Plasma.

I am sorry I am not picking this up, but for some reason I am not getting it.

I don't understand how the picture gets calibrated if the setting on the Plasma are not adjusted.
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as I said. The incoming signal is adjusted. You watch TV that is being fed by external sources--broadcast, Blu-ray, etc. If those signals change, the TV displays something different.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the confusion may be that the poster does not have a video processor Tom.

Am I right?

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, but a processor is required for ChromaPure's auto-calibrate feature to function. There is a way to auto-calibrate some displays with rs-232 interfaces without a processor, but ChromaPure does not currently support this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: