Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Hitachi 57F500A blurry picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
No, what he wants is a pix of the red grid, then the green, then the blue. Cover up the lens faces if you have to. It looks like the blue is more out of focus than the red and green?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
No, what he wants is a pix of the red grid, then the green, then the blue. Cover up the lens faces if you have to. It looks like the blue is more out of focus than the red and green?

Thank you! Very Happy
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok hopefully this is what you are looking for this time.

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's better. Now if you have just the red grid on, what happens when you adjust the red focus knob? Make sure your turning the focus knob and not the red screen knob. get the grid as narrow as you can and then turn down the red screen control some and see if it gets better. let me know what that does.

Unless you turned up those screen controls accidentally when trying to focus it, it's not looking good for you.
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that is as tight as the screen lines get. the lines get tighter the more the screen drive is up. and that is the best any of the colors get when focusing any of the colors. i fiddled with it a little bit though and after turning the screendrive up quite a bit on all colors the bluryness almost is completely gone. however there are scan lines at this point and the screen is so bright that it looks saturated here is a pic it actually looks slightly better in real life than on the pic but no where near where it was

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point it is easy to confirm that you have a failed part or parts. Looking at the print I dont think it's the fly but more likely a failed cap in the B+ supply or control circuit.
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it expensive? if not is it replaceable?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Ok, so you have a focus voltage problem. You're dealing with 5000 volts + here,

According to the print the focus voltage is 12kv.
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voltage is no big deal. i can remove the charge from capacitors and ive dealt with upwards of 30k+ volts
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acezeesawtooth wrote:
is it expensive? if not is it replaceable?
Caps are not very expensive but require soldering to replace them. And there is still no guarantee that's what it is. Testing would be required to verify a few things. Or you could just shot gun some caps and see what it does.

Are you sure you didn't turn down the screen control to clear up the focus some.

It's very difficult for me to know exactly what you are doing. Was lens focus ever adjusted as far as you know?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acezeesawtooth wrote:
voltage is no big deal. i can remove the charge from capacitors and ive dealt with upwards of 30k+ volts

Hahahaha... it's never a big deal until it wacks you..... Shocked
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no none of the screws or bolts look like that have ever been removed. the little spacers on the bottom of the lens are still glued into place and have not been moved the only thing i tampered with was the focus and screen drive knobs. i read online how to adjust the focus they said to turn down blue and red screen drive then focus green then turn down blue and green and focus red same for blue. then just adjust the screen drive till the color seems right. if it didnt reset the screen drive correctly could this have cause this problem?
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:

Hahahaha... it's never a big deal until it wacks you..... Shocked

it has Thumbs Down luckily it was only .005 miliamps lol. i built one of those anti gravity lifters as seen on mythbusters with foil and balsa wood but you need a power supply of 30k plus with low amperage. senor project it was a pretty awesome build
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acezeesawtooth wrote:
if it didnt reset the screen drive correctly could this have cause this problem?

No it wouldn't cause the focus problem.

At this point I would be checking the B+ supply and the +28v supply to the deflection section. You could be in this for the long haul so you have to decide how far you want to go to try to repair it. I'm to lazy lately to walk you through the whole process.
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking to stay under $50 and less than 5 hours of work to fix it. so im willing to do the work. do you know of anywhere i can find information on them? i dont need a walkthrough just a little info, or even where to buy parts

Last edited by acezeesawtooth on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acezeesawtooth wrote:
ok do you know of anywhere i can find information on them? i dont need a walkthrough just a little info, or even where to buy parts

Shoot me an email.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats the status? You have that thing fixed yet? Very Happy
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent had enough time this is finals week for me. I will report back this weekend im off on saturday and hope to have it at least solved by then lol
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see if the focus wire comes out of the fly and the focus block. I've seen some that would corrode the tip of the wire. But I don't remember if the Hitachi has the removable wire.

If not then I would try replacing all the electrolytic caps in the HV section, page 67 in that manual, excluding the vert deflection.
acezeesawtooth

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot mac. that gives me a good starting place. ill report back for sure that way this problem has a solution for people who have the issue in the future
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: