Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

problems with handshaking on ext v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjelli

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: problems with handshaking on ext v2 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I got a ext v2 I have used for several months now. I have used a tvix media player connected to a yamaha Z7 and then to the moome ext V2 box. The tvix starts with an all white screen and this has synced ok with the moome box.

Now i'm using a dune media player and there is no way the Z7 and the moome box will sync. Well, maybe after a couple of minutes the picture comes on. Anyway, the only way to get them to sync is if i activate the meny on the Z7 receiver, brining up much white on the screen. then the handshaking will happen.

The moome box just keep looking for a signal on the ports and the yamaha Z7 will show a sync is in progress, but the moome box then looks for a signal on the other port and the handshaking is stopped. really annoying.

Is there any way to stop the auto-detect between the two ports?

Anyone got the manual for the ext v2 box?

Cheers
Kjell
kjelli

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After i sent the unit to moome for upgrade and even tried a second dune bd base player i'ts the same problem. Handshaking dropping out and loss of picture. I give up Sad

Kjell
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the latest upgrade to the Yamaha? I heard there are some issues with HDMI handshake and the Yamaha.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kjelli

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried a hd fury 2 and a ancient scaler with hdcp hack. Both works perfect. It's just the moome ext v2 that do not work. Sad

Checked the yamaha fw. Latest fw is installed.

Kjell
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember some where here moome explained how to shut off auto search. Can't seem to find it now. That could be the issue.

its beginning of the Chinese new year holidays so you might not hear from him for a week or so.

I'll send him an e-mail about this thread.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
I remember some where here moome explained how to shut off auto search. Can't seem to find it now. That could be the issue.

its beginning of the Chinese new year holidays so you might not hear from him for a week or so.

I'll send him an e-mail about this thread.

Athanasios

Over the course of several months I went through TWO V2 units. The auto-detect feature would work fine for a couple of months and then eventually start to fail with increasing video dropouts. Moome sent a replacement only for the same thing to happen in the same manner and time frame as the original. After awhile, Moome did admit that this was more than just a unique case but a design flaw that had to be corrected. Because of the cost of the repair and shipping charges I decided to pass on the Momme and go the "Fury 3" route where I could manually lock on to individual inputs and disable the Auto- detect feature with the flick of a switch. That was almost a year ago and I have never had the problem with video dropouts again .

Incidentally, I have one of the newer AVRs from Yamaha and the HDMI connections are better and more stable than the 2 year old Marantz it replaced.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a way to jumper the auto detect to permanently off. Just can't find it.

But as to the better of the two video performance wise the Moome is better.

Scope pics of HD Fury III and Moome respectively.
Fury at 1080p@60

Moome at 1080p@72 !!!

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
I think there is a way to jumper the auto detect to permanently off. Just can't find it.

But as to the better of the two video performance wise the Moome is better.

Scope pics of HD Fury III and Moome respectively.
Fury at 1080p@60

Moome at 1080p@72 !!!

Athanasios

On a graph, I suppose in this particular instance it may be, however, in actual real world performance, I wonder if one could actually visibly see any difference between the two and in my case, despite the additional features(contrast & gamma control), the unreliability of the two V2 units that I had just made me shy away from the product. In addition, the newer V3 despite these issues with the V2, was designed in a similar manner still without an optional manual input video lock and based on my previous experience and as much as I was interested in the new model, I just wasn't willing to take another chance with it for fear that not too long down the road, the same issues would start occurring.
kjelli

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pq is not important if the unit is unreliable.
The moome box v2 works fine with most equipment. Although a bit slow handshake.

Used a hd fury for 4-5 hours yesterday, wow, handshake and picture witin 3seconds. The moome can use upto 15-20second with the same equip. Not a single problem with dropouts with the hdfury

I recieved the moome box back from moome. He upgraded the fw and hardware in the box, but the problems with the box is excatly the same as when i sent the unit to him.

Kjelli
moome

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjelli wrote:
Pq is not important if the unit is unreliable.
The moome box v2 works fine with most equipment. Although a bit slow handshake.

Used a hd fury for 4-5 hours yesterday, wow, handshake and picture witin 3seconds. The moome can use upto 15-20second with the same equip. Not a single problem with dropouts with the hdfury

I recieved the moome box back from moome. He upgraded the fw and hardware in the box, but the problems with the box is excatly the same as when i sent the unit to him.

Kjelli

Dear Kjelli:
what video source you use for? the slow response due to auto input selection.
normally, will with in 3 seconds. like some pioneer AV receiver, need disable auto input selection on the EXT V2.

thanks
kjelli

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Moome.

How do I disable the auto input selection on the Ext v2?

Kjell
kjelli

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have the manual for the V2 box?. I found the manual for the V3 box, and there it is suggested to use J7 to disable autodetection, this did not work on my box.

Kjell
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it, but unfortunately, it does NOT show a means to disable autoselect via jumpers. Only output sync selection via jumper is shown.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After using a hdfury for the last couple of days, there has been no problems. I have had problems with the ext box since august and even sent the unit too moome for repair. And there is no solution im giving up on the moome box. Sticking with the fury.

As for pq, the picture is different with the hd fury. Combined with a 1020 box for gamma adjustment the details in dark scenes are very good.

Problem solved.
arigatou

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not indicate a means by jumper to disable the automatic choice. Only output is jumper selectable simultaneous display.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: