Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Single Blue Sync Line Scrolling Down Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Williams

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Single Blue Sync Line Scrolling Down Screen Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have a problem where I can get the 3D picture working, however I cannot eliminate a sync problem where a blue line slowly moves down the screen. I have tried switching polarity, and also tried the full range of both duty and delay settings. As this line passes over the screen it defocus' the picture. If you adjust the duty and delay it almost eliminates the line, but cannot quite get rid of it.

I have also tried changing the inline location of the VIP 3D by placing it inline after PS3, and after Lumagen Mini3D, with no success.

Any suggestions...?

Equipment is as follows:
-PS3
-VIP 3D
-Lumagen Mini3D set to output 720p/60hz when using 3D
-NECXG135LC

Thanks Kindly
wildchild22

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the blue line is also present on mine (xg1352lc). It is the sync line for the glasses you are seeing . I have not solved the problem as of yet. I am thinking you will require the lumagen crt sync box to resolve this. I have not purchased it yet but it should fix the problem.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a ground loop? Get another power cord and snip the ground pin off the plug. See if that gets rid of it.
wildchild22

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the 3d thread craig from cir-engineering said it was glasses but on mine it is only on the top of the image and does not scroll. I wouldnt be able to watch 3d at 60hz because of the flicker.
So mine maybe a different thing alltogether. I use 120hz timing and I have a blue band on the top 1/10 of the image.
Michael Williams

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I still cannot resolve this issue. The sync is such that you can definitely not watch movies, but it is ok to play a game on the PS3. Which I rarely do anyway.... The worst part is my woman complaining about why doesn't it work.. lol

I am sure it is a glasses sync problem. Definitely not a ground loop issue. No line is visible on the screen until the glasses are put on. Can anyone provide any feedback regarding the lumagen CRT sync box and what it does? I couldn't find any details regarding this on the forum.

If I have the Lumagen Radiance Mini set as 720p 60hz same as the 3dvip signal, is the lumagen somehow modifying the image so it is not in sync? I didn't think so because if I place the 3D VIP after the Lumagen, it still has the same effect.

The other thing is when the 3D vip is placed after the Lumagen, when PS3 or Bluray Player switch between 2D and 3D the 3DVIP cannot sync. You have to unplug the 3DVIP and then plug it back in, then it syncs no problem.... Not sure why this is either. But when 3D VIP placed before Lumagen, no problems, it syncs every time, however that means the Radiance Mini3D does not recognize 3D image and is just passing through the 3DVIP 3D signal as a 2D signal which is actually 3D.

If you do manage to solve, please let us know. I head back OS for work again this week so won't be able to spend any more time in my cinema for a few months... Great if I could resolve by then

Thanks again guys
HighDefMike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Single Blue Sync Line Scrolling Down Screen Reply with quote

Michael Williams wrote:
.....I cannot eliminate a sync problem where a blue line slowly moves down the screen. I have tried switching polarity, and also tried the full range of both duty and delay settings.......If you adjust the duty and delay it almost eliminates the line, but cannot quite get rid of it.

If you haven't done so yet, download the latest firmware/update for the 3D glasses/transmitter.

I "initially" saw this when I installed my Displayer lastweek, but I was able to do two things using a combination of duty cycle and delay fine adjustments to eliminate it: shrink it to a very thin blue line, then move it off either the top or bottom edge of the projected image. I don't believe the line was ever in motion with my setup (M8500 crt + Moome ext v2) though.

Just lastnight, I thought I'd download the latest firmware/update myself, and after realizing doing so reset the transmitter settings to their default values Rolling Eyes , I was able to eliminate the blue line IMO even more easily and quickly than before.
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CRT RPTV shows both a dark green band and the blue line if duty cycle and delay aren't carefully adjusted. This probably means that flicker and ghosting aren't as good as they could be, but we're still happy with it. It's just the price we pay for having 3D capability on our older but still beautifully performing Mitsubishi set. Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the Projector. I ask mainly because it's rated at 300 lumens. It is supposedly lower than that. I have no problems with it on a 96 inch screen in a dark room, but i understand the 3d will lower the brightness. Just wanted to know if anyone had tried it. Thanks. I may end up ordering one of these 3D Displayers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: