Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3d theater with optoma hd 66 = pink color

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: 3d theater with optoma hd 66 = pink color Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
i ve tried many times with a lot of settings but every time i press p1 to merge the two screens i got purple to pink color even without wearing the glasses,even i change the 3d unite from Jonathan but still the same result.
can you help me in this
my setting is:
WD live player ----3d vip----- optoma hd 66 projector

Before Merge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.09 KB
 Viewed:  16767 Time(s)

Before Merge.jpg

After Merge without pink color.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.6 KB

After Merge without pink color.jpg

After Merge with pink color.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  76.43 KB

After Merge with pink color.jpg

SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsamy,

Do you have a regular Blu-Ray player that you can connect to the VIP and send a 2D content signal?

I'm trying to determine whether the WD LIve or the VIP is producing those color bands in your photos. Otherwise
the projector is having an issue. When playing it on another TV are the color bands gone?
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried also with PS3 and optoma hd 66 the result is the same pink color
when i tried with my Samsung LCD it works OK no pink color but as you know a lot of flicker and ghosting and frame locking also.
what would be in the projector i just bought it it is new , and it work great with the 2d ?
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This resembles what happens when a display is expecting RGB and gets YCbCR or vice-versa (color decoding mismatch) . It's possible that the HD-66 sees the WDTV Live and PS3 as PC sources because of the resolution you are sending and sets itself up for RGB. Or the video may be unflagged and the HD-66 is using the (wrong) default color decoding. Or merging causes a resolution change that kicks the HD-66 into different decoding. If the HD-66 has an option to set RGB or YCbCr manually, I'd certainly try switching back and forth using that.

If you get no problems with your LCD then the issue is not with the Theater.

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolls-Royce wrote:
This resembles what happens when a display is expecting RGB and gets YCbCR or vice-versa (color decoding mismatch) .

+1

That was my first guess too when I saw it.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems you are right because when i changed the setting in the WD live in the video setting option in TO hdmi AUTOMATIC and i choosed option RGB high not low it works now ok, but the problem now how to change such option in the ps3 and my cable box, or there is any option to change it in the optoma hd66 to be permentant , only one option i found it it contains automatic and RGB and ypc when i changed to RGB gives me also pink color.
hope i can find a solution to my ps3 and satellite cable box.
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one can help me to adjust this setting in optoma hd 66 because i can't use my ps3 nor my cable box at all with theater device.
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsamy wrote:
any one can help me to adjust this setting in optoma hd 66 because i can't use my ps3 nor my cable box at all with theater device.

In addition: I don't have WD Live or the HD66 but looking at the manual have you tried adjusting or disabling the Degamma and Brilliant Color settings? ColorSpace? Display Mode?
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsamy:

Also do a "WD Live color banding" search.

One link with a large thread has that issue inbedded in it as well as mentioning WD Live not
saving settings on HDMI. May not be a projector issue. Seems the opinion WD has a lengthy
slow response list of firmware fixes.

It got too lengthy for me to wade through but it's a start.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware/Bugs-in-Firmware-Version-1-04-17-V-Summary-only/td-p/108210
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it is working only with WD live by adjusting it from video output to automatic and choose RGB to high
but not working with ps3 and satellite receiver so i can't play games also i can't watch any 3d channels like sky 3d
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try either just hooking up the PS3 or Sat Box with the shortest HDMI cables you can use.

PS3>Theater>HD66

If WD Live is now working, how are you switching in/out the PS3 and Sky to the VIP/HD66?
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your replay,i don't think it is a cable issue, itried already short cable,for my ps3 and sky i used the same set up
PS3> theater>HD66
SKY>Theater>HD66
For WD every time i have to change the video output to automatic and choose option RGB high,by this way only it is working.
i tried to change Degamma but no way
ilias

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the WD problem!
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i don't think so.
fanchouille

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Display problem: PS3 + Optoma 3dXL + Optoma HD66 Reply with quote

I've read quite a few forum posts to setup my 3d home theater, but I'm still struggling with something. I think I'm close but I can't figure out what I did wrong. Here are the setup I already made:

PS3: I uploaded the firmware to 4.0...
PS3: Chose the "automatic" option in video settings, which allowed me to enter the size of the screen...
PS3: Connected PS3 to Optoma 3DXL with high quality HDMI cable. The cable is quite short 8 ft
Optoma 3D XL: Connected the Optoma 3DXL with Optoma HD 66 with high quality HDMI cable. The cable is quite long 25 ft
Optoma 3D XL: By defaut the 2D works fine with the HD66
Optoma 3D XL & HD 66: To get 3D, I press the 3D SBS button on the Optoma 3DXL, then I'm able to show the 3D display settings on the HD66 to activate the 3D display on the projector (I select 'DLP 3D' option & turn 'Invert' option to 'On')
3D glasses: When I see the 3D - SBS on the screen, I turn on the 3D glasses...

At this point, I reach this screen. It is clearely a side by side picture (see below), but the pictures are completely reversed and the display through the 3D glasses is very blurry...

Thanks for your help and happy NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: