Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HP TouchSmart IQ770 Touch driver issue - Anyone? :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: HP TouchSmart IQ770 Touch driver issue - Anyone? :) Reply with quote

I've been using my HP IQ770 PC as a jukebox for the home theater. It works great when using Jukebox Jockey software.

My problem is though, this machine originally shipped with windows vista (i know talking dirty on the forums Smile ) And I have windows 7 on here.

Now the touchscreen works, however windows 7 does nto detect it as a touch input device, and the vista driver from HP does not work with windows 7

I need Windows to identify the touchscreen as a touchscreen, and not a mouse or keyboard, this way I can use the touch gestures and other features built into windows for touchscreens...

I know the easiest way to fix this would be to replace this PC with a newer touch model that comes with windows 7 (which these days touch computers are practically as valuable as an old P4 machine.)

But I just want to see if I can get this figured out beforehand Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: