Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

ugg Win 7 Nvidia Control Panel, no back porch, wtf.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: ugg Win 7 Nvidia Control Panel, no back porch, wtf. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Ok, not usually fazed by these things but I have been playing around with the Nvidia control panel for quite a while now, windows 7 ultimate is giving me pain by the way, I have built a new HTPC and am trying to get it to play nice with the Ampro 4600 HD however.

Scott gave me these settings which I used in POwerstrip which worked really well, no folding on the sides all the image was on the face of the tube. I cannot use POwerstrip with the newer cards from ATI or Nvidia.

Scots timings.

"Front porch = 80

Sync width = 164

Back porch = 244

Of course you get nothing without giving up something. The original pixel clock is 148.5MHz. The suggested settings raise the pixel clock to 162.5MHz. "

Now when I use Nvidia Control Panel I have access to front porch and sync width but no back porch, I assumed that the back porch being the sum of the front and sync width is automatically calculated. However, when I put the settings in the pixel clock is not calculated to 162.5 instead it stays at 148 and I dont know if the back porch is being calculated properly. I can get the 1920 1080p resolution on the pj but it folds on the sides as expected.

I was hoping that I would not have to go through the edid settings and hacks as I dont know much about that but if this is the only way could someone tell me how to implement it in Windows 7 with the porch settings in place? Thanks to anyone who can help.

tse

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a setting for horizontal blanking? If so HB = FP + SW + BP. Given three of the values the other can be calculated.

Scott

Thomas Jefferson
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: here what I have Scott. Reply with quote

A little better than explaining it Scott, heres a picture showing the dot clock which is not what you gave me so I think something is wrong, this shows all the settings available to me.

1920n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  160.11 KB
 Viewed:  10482 Time(s)

1920n.jpg

tse

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, everything you need is there.

total (lines or pixels) - active (lines or pixels) = blanking

so, 2200 - 1920 = 280

You want 488 pixels for h blank. Add 208 to the total for 2408.

Scott

Thomas Jefferson
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: thank you so much Reply with quote

Scott, what exactly would we do without you?
incova

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: weird Reply with quote

This is strange did exactly what Scott said and in windows xp it worked perfectly, tried the same on Windows 7 and it told me resolution already exists when I hit test it seemed to do something but nothing happened and it seems to be keeping the 1080p windows settings, I will try again later.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: weird Reply with quote

incova wrote:
This is strange did exactly what Scott said and in windows xp it worked perfectly, tried the same on Windows 7 and it told me resolution already exists when I hit test it seemed to do something but nothing happened and it seems to be keeping the 1080p windows settings, I will try again later.

The custom resoluton screen for NVidia Windows 7 is very flakey....You need to set it, close out the window and then go back in...It really amounts to just playing around until you see the setting you want, or at least that's the way it seemed to work for me.

Mike

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaa more Win7 goodness

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
incova

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks Mike, been trying everything I also cannot get a internet connection, win 7 is interesting I have to say............

it says I am connected to the internet, I think this is windows brainwashing, it sees no problems, uh huh.

If its this tough to get one resolution set how am I going to get 720p !? Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: