Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3d theatre with Sony Bravia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: 3d theatre with Sony Bravia Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So I have my 3d theatre now

after the customs I was proud to get it.

I connected it to my TV system and nothing works.
I have on sky 3d the side by side pictures regardless if I press the buttom of the transmitter or do the dip switch one down.

I have the box connected easily via hdmi from my sat receiver to the box in..and the out to the tv.

Both lights on the box are red but not the 3d..but I am on a 3d TV channel..and the transmitter shows all lights green

Thanks for help
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can I get an update of the 3d vip theather..I read several messages...there must be an support buttom on the page..I can't find it
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try bypassing the receiver temporarily? Like this:

Sky box -> HDMI cable -> 3D-Theatre -> HDMI cable -> Display

It may be that the receiver doesn't allow 3D or some settings in the receiver are not allowing 3D, so the sky box doesn't "see" the receiver as being able to do 3D so it doesn't send it 3D. (How many times can I say 3D in one sentence?) Wink

THere's a sticky thread in this forum with the 3D-Theatre firmware update. See: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26913

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it

Sat receiver -> hdmi cable to the theatre box in...theatre box out -> hdmi cable to the TV.
no success

I played a bit around with the dip switches on the Theatre box..If I do down the dip switch one and 6...sometimes I get a 3d Picture on the TV...but its flupping like a humming bird in slow motion...the glasses..and the picture is not realy 3d..sometimes it looks 3d.

Please help me
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what isa sky box..I have my sat receiver directly connected to the satelit dish ?
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 3d theatre with Sony Bravia Reply with quote

trax wrote:
So I have my 3d theatre now

after the customs I was proud to get it.

I connected it to my TV system and nothing works.
I have on sky 3d the side by side pictures regardless if I press the buttom of the transmitter or do the dip switch one down.

I have the box connected easily via hdmi from my sat receiver to the box in..and the out to the tv.

Both lights on the box are red but not the 3d..but I am on a 3d TV channel..and the transmitter shows all lights green

Thanks for help

Try setting your satellite box to output 720P/60 or 50 to the Theater.

Also check with your satellite provider to make sure your box has current firmware as well.

Theaters shipped in the last 60 days have the last firmware update v1.3

http://www.3d-vip.com/ See Support and Firmware Tab
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion. When I said "Sky Box" I mean your satellite receiver box that was provided by your satellite company (Sky).

DIP switch 1 on the 3D-Theatre is for setting the 3D-Theatre refresh rate to either 60Hz or 120Hz. If your TV/Display accepts 120Hz then set it to 120Hz. Otherwise set it to 60Hz.

For more information see the manual/installation guides available on our order page.

Kal

trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my sat receiver to 720 p

but all what I do nothing works..two other hdmi cables...receiver is up to date....only if I do the dip witch 6 down on the Theatre box..and power it off and on..I get a flupping side by siede together...but its flupping is like if you are in the dessert..and see ghost refections..so that swapping left and right

And when I change the a channel to normal 2 d it stays the 3d flapping

Hmm..may I send the box back..I think there is no nway to get it to work.and it was expensive, too

Tank you
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dip switch 1 of course down for 50 / 60 hz..but I tried up and down..and only with dip switch 1 and 6 down it fits the side by side toether but with horrible flappings in the Picture. that is 12 hz so round about
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I will try it with my PS3 directly connected.

But I get a black screen when I start the PS3...I remember thatI I something read in the Forum that the vidio should be set to automatic resolution off..what I did.

The theatre box changes the hdmi output to hdmi 4..and I have my hdmi cable into hdmi port 1 at the TV.

I cannot go behind the wall to change the connection.

What can I do ?

Thank you

Best regards !
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've forgotten to say

If I press source or options on the TV..nothing happens..I cannot change it
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please make sure your 3D-Theatre is running the latest firmware.

Which 3D glasses do you have? Did you purchase them together with your 3D-Theatre?

On our 3D-Theatre order page are installation and setup guides that will help you tune the RF glasses to work best with your TV. Some tuning is required to optimize picture quality for your TV.

Kal

trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I will check that.

The Update and the RF settings for the glasses.

I bought the 3d theatre together with the rf emitter and glasses.

How can I get the dip switch settings 1 to 6 of the 3d theatre box.

For me is it sometimes working if the dip switch 1 and 6 is down.

I often get the message no correct audio signal..and the screen is blank.

Thank you !
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see our 3D-Theatre order page for installation and setup guides for an explanation of what the DIP switches do. With current firmware only DIP switch #1 is used to switch between 60Hz and 120Hz output. The other switches are not used.

Kal

SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trax wrote:
ok I will check that.

The Update and the RF settings for the glasses.

I bought the 3d theatre together with the rf emitter and glasses.

How can I get the dip switch settings 1 to 6 of the 3d theatre box.

For me is it sometimes working if the dip switch 1 and 6 is down.

I often get the message no correct audio signal..and the screen is blank.

Thank you !

Do not use the other dipswitches, leave them up, only adjust #1 like Kal said.
The other dipswitches are not used.

In one of your other posts you indicated that you had a side-by-side image and
then pressed P1 to merge it and then it became shaky or double, is that correct?

If so, it sounds like the Theater worked and gave you the 3D image but you do not
have the glasses tuned to eliminate the ghosting and sharpen the final result. If
after tuning and the image looks good but does not have 3D depth, then just flip
your glasses over and temporarly view through the lenses, if you now have 3D
depth then Polarity needs to be reversed. For now put the #1 dipswitch down and if
it passes the sidebyside image then it becomes a matter of merging and tuning.

When trying te PS3:
Here's some notes others used for getting their PS3's recognized, make sure
the PS3 HDMI is set to AUTO.
After the PS3 detection process it should give some kind of msg like can you read this? and then
a list of 3D resolutions supported.

Works every time for me! PS3 needs the latest firmware to output Bluray 3D. Then you have to run the auto config. Don't do it manually. You know you did it right when it says you have a 3D display and to set the screen size which is for 3D game playing. Set your audio up the way you want it too output. You should not have to use the mode button and especially not if you have Directv. Everything is auto switched. I am running my PS3 through a DVDO Duo and it works great.

1. Make sure you've updated to the latest firmware.
2. Go to Settings => Display Settings => Video Output Settings.
3. Select Automatic - This will configure your PS3 to output whatever your display can support.
4. You'll be prompted that a 3D display has been detected and asked to input your screen size. Input your screen size and you're good to go.

On some people's PS3's I had to hold down the power button for an extended period of time to get it to recognize the new 3D display capabiliities.

Also please post the Sony model number you are using, I don't even see it mentioned in this thread.

If we can't get things working for you in here by all means contact VIPs support before giving up.

G'day
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Sat receiver set to 720p

I have Sky 3d with side by side movie.

I am sitting here from this morning and trying to get the 2 pictures side by side together with the 3d theatre box.

I have had twice the luck today to get it but with very flickering resuslts.

I can't get it to work. It is connected sat box -> hdmi out to hdmi in to the 3d theatre box..the hdmi out of the box goes to the hdmi 1 into the TV. I have all lights green at the transmitter...2 lights red at the 3d theatre box..Dip switch 1 is down. I have a TV channel side by side on..If I press the bottom of the transmitter the green lights go out..and if i press the buttom again the green lights are on after a while but the picture is still side by side..I shut the complet system down. I started up all..the picture is still side by side...720p..no red light at 3d.

I did an updtate to 1.3 with no success..I have all cables connected from the package.

I am at a loss with it.
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trax wrote:
I have the Sat receiver set to 720p

I have Sky 3d with side by side movie.

I am sitting here from this morning and trying to get the 2 pictures side by side together with the 3d theatre box.

I have had twice the luck today to get it but with very flickering resuslts.

I can't get it to work. It is connected sat box -> hdmi out to hdmi in to the 3d theatre box..the hdmi out of the box goes to the hdmi 1 into the TV. I have all lights green at the transmitter...2 lights red at the 3d theatre box..Dip switch 1 is down. I have a TV channel side by side on..If I press the bottom of the transmitter the green lights go out..and if i press the buttom again the green lights are on after a while but the picture is still side by side..I shut the complet system down. I started up all..the picture is still side by side...720p..no red light at 3d.

I did an updtate to 1.3 with no success..I have all cables connected from the package.

I am at a loss with it.

First again what is the model number of the TV????

When you had the SBS picture, each time you pressed the P1 button, what was the result
on the TV screen?

It is normal when having all green lights on when hitting the joystick they go out unless
the joystick is held in position to enter it's mode options.

What do you mean by saying you did an update to 1.3 with no success? If it's
already 1.3 then there was nothing for it to do.

You connections sound fine but the 3D LED off on the Theater is abnormal when receiving SBS 3D.
I don't have Sky but from what I understand it should work. With the Theater removed and only
the satellite receiver attached and using a 3D channel what does the TV report for a video signal?
720P/60 or some other value?

I'll respond more later but I want to see that Sony manual.
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also sent a msg to Jonathan, who is more familir with Sky than I am, to stop
by and see what else he can add to assist you.
trax

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got it now

I didn't press the P1 switch

Thanks for helping me !

best regards
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trax,

As I mentioned earlier, please see the installation and usage guides on our order page. All this is explained, including the P1 switch.
There is also troubleshooting tips.

To quote:

"When playing Side-by-Side (SBS) contents, press P1 button next to the Dip Switch box once.
When playing Top/Bottom or Over/Under contents, press P1 button twice.
You may press P1 button multiple times until the picture is displayed in the right order."

It's a very small manual. 2-3 pages. There are only 2 buttons on the unit that do anything so not much to explain.

Direct link: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/3D-Theatre_installation_guide.pdf

This manual goes into more detail about the glasses too: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/manual_theater_rf.pdf

Kal
Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: