Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Got my Wilson Art ordered today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rule76

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Got my Wilson Art ordered today! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Same as anyone else going to home depot. 10-14 days. When I lived in Nashville I went to the distributor and had it same day. Paid 82 out the door for an 8x4 fashion grey piece from when I had my dlp projector. It looked good but I noticed the rainbow effect. I ordered designer white for my hopefully soon to be arriving crt projector. This time here in the great state of Kansas I was able to get a 5x8 piece for 79.46 out the door.

Bought some velved from hobby lobby. Bought some framing material. A friend is going to mount the laminate to whatever they use for countertops. So excited! I don't know whether to sh*t or go blind!
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They usually use particleboard for countertops. That's really strong, but it's also really heavy. That's no disadvantage for a countertop but it's not so good for a screen you want to carry around and hang on the wall.

I mounted mine to some foil-backed foam stuff they had at HD. Make sure it's flat when you apply the adhesive and glue it on. The foil-backed foam makes the Wilsonart very rigid, yet it's very light and easy to hang.
rule76

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1725 here. Maybe it will come tomorrow. <sigh>
rule76

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My crt sockets did arrive yesterday. I picked those up today. Definitely going to ask my friend about the foil backed foam stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: