Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Transmitter does not store changes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolf Hult

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Transmitter does not store changes... Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I must change polarity every time I use my 3D Theater and RF glasses. Thought that the polarity change would be saved when first set?
Initially thought this was a "user error", but now I have tested this over several days ... change of polarity is not stored in the transmitter.
(The Theater-3D and transmitter are both connected to 5V DC).

Need help on this... Question

SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Transmitter does not store changes... Reply with quote

Rolf Hult wrote:
I must change polarity every time I use my 3D Theater and RF glasses. Thought that the polarity change would be saved when first set?
Initially thought this was a "user error", but now I have tested this over several days ... change of polarity is not stored in the transmitter.
(The Theater-3D and transmitter are both connected to 5V DC).

Need help on this... Question

Assuming you are only using this on the same display device. If you run it on another then
you may have reverse polarity and have to reset polarity.

IF not, did you visually record how many LEDs were lit when things were set satisfactory?

For instance, 1.5 LEDS etc...

Is this happening with the same content, for instance the same 3D Bluray disk or does it reverse when playing
a different movie?

Is this happening when you view satellite or cable 3D content?

If so, they may be running reverse polarity relative to what you previously viewed.

Don't have enough info to give a better answer.

I'm guessing it's occurring when changing content.
Rolf Hult

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested again today, and the polarity had to be changed each time I start the system. My source is TviX M-6500 and tested with Tangled and Hubble 3D (SBS).
Seems to me that the transmitter resets to an default "standard" polarity after a while in standby (the USB pwr adapter are always connected), as I had to use the duty cycle to get the polarity correct (4 red led)

(Also updated the converter from fw 1.1 to 1.3)

I will test this over more time period, but so far this starts to be anoying... Wink

SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf Hult wrote:
Tested again today, and the polarity had to be changed each time I start the system. My source is TviX M-6500 and tested with Tangled and Hubble 3D (SBS).
Seems to me that the transmitter resets to an default "standard" polarity after a while in standby (the USB pwr adapter are always connected), as I had to use the duty cycle to get the polarity correct (4 red led)

(Also updated the converter from fw 1.1 to 1.3)

I will test this over more time period, but so far this starts to be anoying... Wink

When you restart, are the LEDs still at the (4 red led) settings or something different?

I haven't used TviX, so I won't be much help with that.

Does it hold the current settings until you are finished viewing, or does it switch polarity again
in the middle of the content?

Do you have a 3D Blu-Ray to test for the same symptoms?

It's my understanding that VIP is trying to get the 1.1 version hardware out of circulation. I'll
check with Jonathan at VIP for you and see if that's still the case. Even so the converter shouldn't
interfere with your transmitter settings.

I leave my transmitter and VIP unpowered when not in use but the transmitter is still set at
previous use when restarted.
Rolf Hult

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Tested again today. Same movie as yesterday (Tangled SBS), and again I had to tweek the duty cycle to get the polarity to match the glasses.
Every day now, when starting the system for 3D, the polarity has to be tweeked first. The duty cycle are unchanged 4red led's, and I dont need to cycle all over to the "2red led-side" to get polarity ok, instead of just a little notch...."one cycle".

When first set ok, the polarity does not change during viewing....

I had to conclude: the transmitter does not store changes in memory! Sad

SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf Hult wrote:
Hi,
Tested again today. Same movie as yesterday (Tangled SBS), and again I had to tweek the duty cycle to get the polarity to match the glasses.
Every day now, when starting the system for 3D, the polarity has to be tweeked first. The duty cycle are unchanged 4red led's, and I dont need to cycle all over to the "2red led-side" to get polarity ok, instead of just a little notch...."one cycle".

When first set ok, the polarity does not change during viewing....

I had to conclude: the transmitter does not store changes in memory! Sad

So are you viewing Tangled from Tivix or Blu-Ray?

Do you have a 3D Blu-Ray to see if the same movie will not require tweaking?

Trying to see if this is a variance from different playback devices.

I have the Displayer so my sources are all 3D Blu-Ray and I don't need to tweak unless I switch
to a different video displayl.

If only the Tivix shows these symptons, I'm thinking there is a slight sync shift when the Tvix starts
up and you lose the previous calibration.

If it stays synced with one playback device and not another I don't believe there is a defect with
the transmitter.

There is also a utility for the glasses that may give you the transmitter settings. I have to check to
see if it can be posted publicly, otherwise will have to email it direct.
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Glasses Utility Reply with quote

Here's a link to download the glasses utility. Download the firmware zip file and the update manual.
This will install the utility on a PC or laptop, maybe you can see if your transmitter settings are
disappearing after restart by monitoring the transmitter.

Hope this helps.

http://www.monstercable.com/max3d/default.asp
Rolf Hult

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I will try the utility and fw upgrade on the transmitter (and glasses).
I do not have bluray player, but will also test an OTA rental movie (3D SBS) from my HDTV provider, and then got this tested via the HDTV pvr..

SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf Hult wrote:
Thank you, I will try the utility and fw upgrade on the transmitter (and glasses).
I do not have bluray player, but will also test an OTA rental movie (3D SBS) from my HDTV provider, and then got this tested via the HDTV pvr..

There is no firmware upgrade at this time for the transmitter.

But the same utility allows you to peek and adjust the transmitter glasses setting.

Unfortunately, it doesn't save a file for different configurations. Mainly a readout and adjust.

If you could monitor the readout and see if those numbers change from a system restart that may
tell you whether the transmitter settings are wandering.
Rolf Hult

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed and tweeked the transmitter via the Utility, and when all settings was verified and 3D was ok on the screen, saved the settings into the transmitter.
Tested 3D movies via HDTV OTA rental, and Bluray images from the Tvix, and all was fine....

When we started up for an new test, the settings was NOT saved on the transmitter!

Verified an snapshot from the Utility that my first saved settings was cleared by the transmitter after restart. Sad

Rolf Hult

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An claim has been sendt to Jonathan at VIP for an warranty exchange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: