Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3d theater and jvc hd 750?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yaka

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: 3d theater and jvc hd 750? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
hi anyone know iw if the jvc 750 projector works ok with the 3d theater?
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 3d theater and jvc hd 750? Reply with quote

Yaka wrote:
hi anyone know iw if the jvc 750 projector works ok with the 3d theater?

I would say no at this point. They used an outside developer for their graphics chips and it's not likely
they would go through them again to update firmware that would eliminate the frame lock problem.
Also at 900 lumens you may considerate too dim in 3D mode, a few are content with it at those levels.

If you decide on a different lower costs projectors that are compatible, consider the Acer 5360 and Optoma HD66.

You can see what I mean by reading these threads:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1336919

"JVC thus far has made no attempt to fix the frame locking issue with their displays to make it compatable with the VIP 3D Theatre. After a back and forth with them via email they claim they take all feedback seriously and will forward it to the right people."
Yaka

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick reply.

man i am amazed by that, tho i love my Projector alot. only noticed the vip 3d device as i came on to this site looking to upgrade from my hd fury 2 to 3 for my plasma screen. what about plasma screen? atm moment i have the panasonic 42phd8 with hdfury 2
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaka wrote:
thanks for the quick reply.

man i am amazed by that, tho i love my Projector alot. only noticed the vip 3d device as i came on to this site looking to upgrade from my hd fury 2 to 3 for my plasma screen. what about plasma screen? atm moment i have the panasonic 42phd8 with hdfury 2

Sorry, I see no HDMI for that model. No go.
Yaka

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as standard the plasma comes with just VGA but you add connections to with "blades" mine has a hdcp dvi blade which i use for my htpc and my ps3 is connected to it via HD fury 2, so it wont with either of these?
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaka wrote:
as standard the plasma comes with just VGA but you add connections to with "blades" mine has a hdcp dvi blade which i use for my htpc and my ps3 is connected to it via HD fury 2, so it wont with either of these?

Your set must be capable of accepting a 720p 60Hz or 120Hz signal, as that's what these units output.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the manual states the following:-
Quote:

VGA, SVGA, XGA,
VGA, SVGA,
SXGA, UXGA
XGA, SXGA, UXGA
Horizontal scanning frequency 15 - 110 kHz
Horizontal scanning frequency 15 - 110 kHz
Vertical scanning frequency 48 - 120 Hz

so it might be worth a try........ i think
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try a consumer electronics device such as a blu-ray or upconverting DVD player on that DVI input, and through the Fury, if you haven't already, before ordering a Theater or Displayer. I don't have a PS3, but IIRC, it can output in computer video resolutions/timings or consumer video resolutions/timings depending on what the display's EDID tells it, and your HTPC is almost certainly using PC resolutions and timings. The Theater and Displayer output video in consumer timing, and if your plasma can't accept that, neither will work.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaka wrote:

You need a pure HDMI interface at the TV. DVI has portions that are analog in its pinout. The VIP products use HDMI interfaces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: