Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3D-Vid Glasses RF

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fernan

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: 3D-Vid Glasses RF Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

The battery of these glasses, is it rechargeable?
What type of battery has the glasses?

Best Regards.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm told the glasses are basically an OEM of the MonsterVision MAX 3D Glasses.

Manual is here: http://www.monstercable.com/lit/Max_3D_manual.pdf

So the battery is rechargeable. It can be charged via USB.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D-Vid Glasses RF Reply with quote

Fernan wrote:
Hi,

The battery of these glasses, is it rechargeable?
What type of battery has the glasses?

Best Regards.

This battery at the moment is not readily available. It is located in the right
earpiece compartment. Appears to be a lithium-polymer similar to the ones
radio control aircraft use. It recharges via USB/mini USB cable.

Battery# 402040P

Specs are available on the internet but I haven't found a vendor as yet. It
appears to be used for Zigbee and Bluetooth equipment.
eyeman23

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually its a USB micro connection.

a real PITA because everything else uses USB mini and thats why i have plugged into my computer and ps3. i guess they wanted it to be slightly thinner?

Also does the RF glasses kit purchased from curtpalme include the IR reciver? This is the part that you place in front of a 3dtv's infrared port, and it plugs into the RF box (the device with LEDs on it) This then converts IR signal to RF to use with the RF glasses.

I know this IR receiver part comes included in the monster vision MAX 3d set, but unsure if its included in the curtpalme set for $199.

can someone clear this up for me?
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyeman23 wrote:

a real PITA because everything else uses USB mini and thats why i have plugged into my computer and ps3. i guess they wanted it to be slightly thinner?

Also does the RF glasses kit purchased from curtpalme include the IR reciver? This is the part that you place in front of a 3dtv's infrared port, and it plugs into the RF box (the device with LEDs on it) This then converts IR signal to RF to use with the RF glasses.

I know this IR receiver part comes included in the monster vision MAX 3d set, but unsure if its included in the curtpalme set for $199.

There is no IR sensor packaged with the VIP version of the RG glasses kit.

The Theater/Displayer interface generates 60/120Hz signal to RF transmitter box depending on Dipswitch 1 position so IR conversion is not required.

You would only need the IR sensor for learning mode if you were not using the VIP product with a set using IR emitter for the Monster kit.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SgtVideo wrote:

Correct. The IR sensor is not included.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
eyeman23

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SgtVideo wrote:
eyeman23 wrote:

The Theater/Displayer interface generates 60/120Hz signal to RF transmitter box depending on Dipswitch 1 position so IR conversion is not required.

You would only need the IR sensor for learning mode if you were not using the VIP product with a set using IR emitter for the Monster kit.

yes i know it's not needed for use with the VIP, i was asking because I want to use the RF glasses with an existing 3dtv.
It's actually disappointing that its not included, and from other forums ive just read it seems other people didnt know its not included until receiving the package. I thought it was the same package as the monster branded one, which does include it.

Is there anywhere I can buy it from separately?

Also a question about the glasses and the battery indicators. The manual states that you should get 2 long blinks from the red LED when its 50% or more. However no matter how long i charge it for, I can only ever get 4 medium blinks. This outcome isnt even in the manual lol.

i have a 2nd pair of glasses and on these i seem to be getting the heartbeat signal very soon after pluggin it in to PC which is meant to mean full charge. But when i check the battery cahrge, it is only giving me 6 medium lights, indicating 'over 10%' left. Do i have faulty glasses?

what should the LED be doing whilst it is charging?
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyeman23 wrote:
SgtVideo wrote:
eyeman23 wrote:

yes i know it's not needed for use with the VIP, i was asking because I want to use the RF glasses with an existing 3dtv.
It's actually disappointing that its not included, and from other forums ive just read it seems other people didnt know its not included until receiving the package. I thought it was the same package as the monster branded one, which does include it.

Is there anywhere I can buy it from separately?

Also a question about the glasses and the battery indicators. The manual states that you should get 2 long blinks from the red LED when its 50% or more. However no matter how long i charge it for, I can only ever get 4 medium blinks. This outcome isnt even in the manual lol.

i have a 2nd pair of glasses and on these i seem to be getting the heartbeat signal very soon after pluggin it in to PC which is meant to mean full charge. But when i check the battery cahrge, it is only giving me 6 medium lights, indicating 'over 10%' left. Do i have faulty glasses?

what should the LED be doing whilst it is charging?

When I read the VIP RF glasses kit description it never mentioned IR sensor so I wasn't expecting it.
"Includes 1 set of RF Glasses and 1 RF Transceiver"

Try the Monster support# (877 800-8989) and see if the BC010 IR sensor is available from them.

The way different motherboards and energy management software implement the power to the USB it's hard to tell how soon the glasses will reach full state of charge. Open your "Device Manager" and see if "Power Management" is allowing the PC to turn off that USB port. Another option is to use a wall charger like for the MP3 players. I wonder how accurate the blink codes really are myself without doing a full drain test with the glasses powered. Wish I could give you a better answer than this. Basically if the glasses are OFF then the heartbeat should be sloooooowwww indicating full charge.

I just got these myself and have only tested them on one 3D movie.
eyeman23

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info.

one glasses reaches full charge and it then shows 3 slow blinks, the other reaches full and it shows 6 speed medium blinks. so 2 glasses doing different things. I've been told by another person to ignore what the indicators say and just see how long they last before going dead.

I will take note of how long until the glasses run out. Used them for 2.5 hours yesterday and still same indicators, which is good i suppose.
Brian Hampton

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have any micro USB cables.

Do the RF glasses come with the cables to charge the glasses??

I hear old Blackberry chargers work best,... I would prefer a charging cable came with the glasses.

-Brian
eyeman23

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Hampton wrote:
I don't think I have any micro USB cables.

Do the RF glasses come with the cables to charge the glasses??

I hear old Blackberry chargers work best,... I would prefer a charging cable came with the glasses.

-Brian

yes they come with usb micro cable
Rolf Hult

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought 6 rf glasses, and they shippet only 1 micro-usb cable, and I guess that one was already ment for powering the transmitter. Sad
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf Hult wrote:
I bought 6 rf glasses, and they shippet only 1 micro-usb cable, and I guess that one was already ment for powering the transmitter. Sad

You should have received a USB to micro-USB cable for each pair of glasses and a VESA 97 cable which plugs VESA end to the VIP and the 1/8" plug to the transmitter. An additional cable USB/mini-USB powers the VIP unit.

Since this is a VIP thread I assume you purchased one of the VIP in addition to the above.

It appears you are short:

6 USB/Micro-B cables
1 VESA 97 cable
1 USB/mini-USB cable

One of the glasses cables allows you to connect the transmitter to a PC for firmware updates and other if necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: