Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Somebody explain this Dallas chip thing to me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:

I'm curious what you mean by a cheap programmer? I consider mine cheap in price but a phenomenal programmer.

From what you describe in this post it sounds more like your having programmer problems.

I've use a lot of programmers for many purposes over the years and generally speaking I find you get what you pay for. I would think there are most likely inexpensive programmers that are fine or good, but I will let others be the judge of that.

And yes, I have had problems with many programmers in the past Wink However, one of my favorite programmers was the PocketProgrammerII, but it used a parallel port and I don't have a laptop with a parallel port anymore so I sold that one. I don't remember which one I am using now and I am in California so I can't look for you right now.

Kind regards,

craigr

Well maybe it's time to buy a real programmer like the one I have........... Laughing

j/k.........................

Hey Mac, I love tools! But really good programmers are hugely expensive as you know... I usually try and find a reasonably price one (less than $500) that can do the jobs I need. If I had bought a really great one 10 years ago I might still be using it though Wink

craigr

I guess what i was trying to say Craig is that I went through all the research of various universal programmer years ago and found that the company I bought mine from had a good solid device and supported it well and it has given me years of successful use and all for under a hundred bucks. Plus I know of others who have also purchased for this supplier and have been more then happy with it. So there are good, cheap programmers available for general use. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: