Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Joann Fabrics sucks donkey %$#&

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Joann Fabrics sucks donkey %$#& Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Several times the wife and I ventured into their retail store to buy samples of materials. Each time there is almost no one present, and the customer-to-staff ratio seemingly 5:1 at its best. We've spent a good bit of time waiting and always giving up. Finally, we decided to just buy some samples online, from their website.

Holy sh*t was a f*cking mess of an online operation. I add the blackout cloth I am looking for, and then the wife added 3-4 other sample items for her personal projects. We proceed to checkout expecting to create an account and the shopping cart empties itself.

Backing out, we re-add the samples while being logged into the new account and click checkout and then the shopping cart empties again. Close the web browser and open again, login, added the items, click proceed to checkout and bongo, nothing in the shopping cart again.

Is there some secret handshake or ancient Chinese secret we are not getting? We tried this under Firefox 5 and IE9, both with the same results. I sent an email to them letting them know that since they cannot help us in the retail stores, and obviously their website not willing to take out money online we have no other reason to try again and are forced to go to their competition.

I understand fabric isn't rocket science or brain surgery, but this is the first chain-store website I've encountered where I was unable to spend money in. This is upset my wife, which isn't an easy thing to do when she shops online.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Odd, I was actually at Joann Fabrics recently and when I was there they had 4 people on staff and about 6 customers, the staff was willing to help, and made the time to do so.

I purchased some cloth for speaker Grilles for a pair of Cerwin Vega U-351 vintage floor standing speakers, it took about 10 minutes to get in, ask them what we were looking for, grab it, and check out.

I wouldnt go online to buy cloth as I prefer being able to see it in real life, and feel it. So I can't vouch for their website, but as for the store here in town, the people were friendly and helpful, you probably have slackers working at your Fabric store...

best of luck to ya Smile

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy, the retail condition was accept. I figured if the problem was my nearest JF store then I'd just shop them online. That turned out to be an impossible condition. Keep in mind I was only buying samples, not anything else.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but the least someone at your nearst JF could have done was give you a couple minutes of their time... Some people just don't care though, pretty sad when you think about it...

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used their iPhone app to generate coupons...It worked pretty slick...Got 40% off cut material...It seemed to go off flawless...I think Wan is just jinxed. Mr. Green

Mike

Last edited by MikeEby on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it again late last night and had no problems. Not sure what the original cause was, but no problems whatsoever.

Mind you after the initial experience I did send them feedback. Maybe that did the trick.

Opinionated SOB

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you expect? The place is run by grandmas who want something to keep them occupied that's more interesting than the senior center.

I just schedule a minimum of 30 minutes, and expect to have everything rung up more than once because of cash register "problems."

I'm actually stunned that they even have a website. I bet that 95% of their employees don't know what a website is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: