Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

First and Second Android app from Crescendo-Systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: First and Second Android app from Crescendo-Systems Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have wasted some serious nights programming my first free Android app. It is a signal generator that can create sine, triangle, square, white noise and pink noise signals. They can also be AM, FM or PM modulated in any combination and swept in frequency. The modulation waveform is either a sine, triangle or square and the frequency sweep can be linear or logarithmic. The noise signals do not repeat.

By default the triangle and square wave is anti-aliased and is recalculated upon a frequency change.

As an future upgrade I plan to add (the non-functioning button is already present) an arbitrary waveform function that lets you generate signals built from mathematical primitives. So if you want a sinc signal for example you just type in sin(x)/x and your sinc signal is there.

The link to the android market is: http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/funcgen-signal-generator_mqrb.html

Last edited by beun on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:00 am; edited 2 times in total
peyesein

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Funcgen is a really nice app, I use it at work and is very handful, now I dont have to carry my heavy signal generator to the field!

Im interested in modifying the app to match certain needs I have, is that possible? in the copyright notice it says the source code is licenced under a BSD licence, where is the source code?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, your English is fine. Part of the source code I used is from someone else and that code is licensed under the BSD code, namely the part that generates the pink noise. The rest of the code is proprietary.

What changes would you like to make, I am currently working on an update and the changes may already be implemented.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested in remove some features, and prefix the signal generated, basically a signal with some specific frequencies and amplitudes. It was only for convenience.

Thanks anyway, and keep in the good work!

Regards.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasted some more serious time to finally implement that arbitrary function part and guess what, it's finished. I uploaded it a few weeks ago and it can be found here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crescendosystems.arb

This one is not free anymore, I am charging $1.99

I have implemented 33 mathematical functions and operators to generate basically any signal you can imagine. I also took the opportunity to add some functionality that was requested to improve the FuncGen app. The additional functionality is:

1) Frequency resolution less than 1Hz
2) Output frequency up to 22KHz
3) Saving (both automatic and manual profiles) of all settings

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Beun,

So what devices can this be used on? What's the least expensive handheld device I can use this with?

beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter,

Any cheapo android phone with headphone output will work. I developed it on a G1 which is about the slowest phone you can get.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm not into all this android tech, but what version of firmware will it run on?

Actually I have an app for something like this but I would like it tailored or alittle more specific to what I need. Basically I would like one button for waveform type, one for preset freq. selection, with some presets for each waveform like DC and then a level out. Is that do-able? I understand it might mean redoing the app slightly.

beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The apps run on version 1.6 and up.

When you just want sine, square of triangle the first screen of either app is all you need.

https://lh4.ggpht.com/V9dTRQjBvoD7BLAWygI_YbHGTp9VR9d-o1IXHY2gDrTcsctBw8yu6T4t5HZm3UiPfIM

All the basic stuff is here. Unfortunately no phone I have found yet does DC out, they are all AC coupled actually with a fairly high corner frequency of around 100Hz.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I wrote DC it was duty cycle. What is the corner freq., I need it to go down to about 4hz.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, all on the first page, duty cycle is only available for square and triangle. The app will go down below 1Hz, the phone hardware is another matter though and will depend on the model. My G1 does but at a very reduced output level.

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** FUNCTION GENERATOR BEST SUGGESTS ***

Goodmorning Sir !

I have been amazed from you Android- Application FuncGen :

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/funcgen-signal-generator_mqrb.html

I would like to suggest you and PLEASE YOU SO MUCH, to apply some other function to make bocome Your Application THE BEST GENERATOR OF THE WORLD OF EVER AND EVER !!!!!

Please add :

Double pad... To allow your generator to become stereo, to use it as Binaural-Tone-Generator... With independents frequencies, and indipendents wave-forms

SWEEP Loop go-and-back frequencies, automathical and perpetual... (up-and-down-...-up-and-down-...-up-and-down)

Sweep that start at the same time, for the two channel with the two totally diffrents frequencies (diffrents starts, diffrents endings, diffrents wave-forms), and same sweep-ending time for both two channels...

Time of sweep, from 0,1 seconds to 1000 seconds

ALTERNABILTY : an option that allow the programmed-alternabilty of the two channels, like a perpetual SWINGING...

left-to-right...right-to-left , perpetually in automathic...

(Timing option for the swinging : from 0,01 second... extremely fast ! ... to 20 seconds ... extremely slow...)

(swinging optability : channels commutations as a square wave-form, and, optability as a sine-wave-form, with double-central-zero-out ! ... NO-MIXING SIGNALS WHILE CHANNELS-COMMUTATION ! )

The Sweep option should be able to work also while swinging option is working too !

------------

Hahaha !

I am happy to suggesting you this ultraperfect machine's constructions parameters !

I surely think that You will be very willing-and-proud to realize it !

WILL BE THE VERY-BEST FUNCTION GENERATOR OF THE ENTIRE WORLD... OF EVER-AND-EVER !

And you will be the one-and-the-first to realize it !

Thank You.....

Best wishes.....*(^_^)*

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: