Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Can't get EXT V3 to work at 1080p 60hz

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Can't get EXT V3 to work at 1080p 60hz Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Not sure if I am missing something, but, I can't get my new moome EXT V3 box to work at 1080p 60hz. My older moome EXT box V1 (I guess) works fine.

I tried hooking the OPPO-93 directly to the moome box and the display just flickers wildly. The DET LED goes from Green, Orange to Red. Over and over. When Ken was here last weekend, he hooked up his pattern generator and the moome box would sync up for a short while, but the display on the g90 wanted to go to 24hz.

Not sure what I need to try (or what I have done wrong Embarassed ).

Again, when I hook up the old moome box, everything works fine at 1080p 60hz, 720p 72hz, 1080i 60hz, etc....

Thanks.

wallace

dturco

TV/Projector: Runco DLP VX-3000i Marquee 9500 parts doner

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild shot. Is your OPPO set to auto? If it is change it to 1080p, and the really easy, did you make sure 24hz is off on the OPPO?

http://www.hulu.com/firefly
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dturco wrote:
Wild shot. Is your OPPO set to auto? If it is change it to 1080p, and the really easy, did you make sure 24hz is off on the OPPO?

Thanks for the suggestion. It is set for 1080p and the 1080p 24hz is set to off.

Moome sent me a few things to try. I'll see if that makes any difference.

wallace

wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried the Toshiba XA-2 (by-passing the VP-50). Set it for 1080p, no 24hz.
I tried shorter new HDMI cable.
I tried Moome's suggestion of putting a jumper on J7 which forces "manual selection".

Same stuff. All LEDs flash on and off.

I did notice that the power supply green LED flashes On and Off at the same interval as the EXT box LEDs. I dont have a spare power supply that will work.

Sent Moome an email back.

What really makes me scratch my head is the old Moome EXT box I have works, but not this on.

wallace

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace, if this is for your G90 you really need to send the EXT back to Moome and get the direct Sony IFB. The Sony IFB is far superior to the EXT in terms of video performance and it is designed to work perfectly with the G90. I think Moome is still having issues with the EXT at the moment with the G90. Cliff brought his over to my place and I could not get it to work with my G90 at 1080p 60Hz either. Cliff is sending his EXT back to Moome for a Marquee IFB to place in his switch box.

Kind regards,
craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Wallace, if this is for your G90 you really need to send the EXT back to Moome and get the direct Sony IFB. The Sony IFB is far superior to the EXT in terms of video performance and it is designed to work perfectly with the G90. I think Moome is still having issues with the EXT at the moment with the G90. Cliff brought his over to my place and I could not get it to work with my G90 at 1080p 60Hz either. Cliff is sending his EXT back to Moome for a Marquee IFB to place in his switch box.

Kind regards,
craigr

Sent Moome email asking for exchange.

Thanks.

wallace

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: