Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

 
Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!


The official Curtpalme.com CRT screenshot thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: The official Curtpalme.com CRT screenshot thread! Reply with quote


        Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So I was thinking that we could make this the official screen shot thread at Curt and Kal's Place. Whatcha guys think?













Cliffy


Last edited by overclkr on Mon May 28, 2007 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote













Back to top
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote













Back to top
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote











Thumbs Up

Late night with out the wife and kids is ALWAYS FUN. Mr. Green

Cliffy
Back to top
mp20748



Joined: 12 Sep 2006
Posts: 5359
Location: Maryland

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: The "I wish I was stoned" screen shot thread Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:

So I was thinking that we could make this the official screen shot thread at Curt and Kal's Place. Whatcha guys think?

Cliffy


Cool. I'll see what I can pick up in HD-DVD locally.

My lowly 8500 loves those new mods..Very Happy

_________________
We're no longer offering Mods. There are other options available from other sources these days. We are still supporting any previous work.
Back to top
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: The "I wish I was stoned" screen shot thread Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
overclkr wrote:

So I was thinking that we could make this the official screen shot thread at Curt and Kal's Place. Whatcha guys think?

Cliffy


Cool. I'll see what I can pick up in HD-DVD locally.

My lowly 8500 loves those new mods..Very Happy


Lookin' foward to hanging with you soon Mike! Did you buy your plane ticket yet?

Cliff
Back to top
CZ Eddie



Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 1599
Location: Austin, TX


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you were obviously stoned while taking those screenshots. I don't smoke pot. Don't want to and don't like to. But I get your opinion and it rocks.
It's a tough deal, having an incredible picture and not allowing yourself to get a little stoned. Just think of how awesome it is to have HDTV and 5.1 while watching bands rock all night long.

It was only 16-18 years ago that my best friend/cousin and I would park his 80's Ford Ranger at a swamp behind our apartment complex in Florida and listen to Pink Floyd on his 6x9 Pioneers with 2x 8" pioneer subwoofers and the whole thing was totally distorted with the Sparkomatic 35x2 watt amplifieres (purchased from Austozone) kicking everything off in the back of his single cab. But to us at the time, it sounded awesome. And we had the bestest conversations. Smile

_________________
Back after a digital sabatical.
Back to top
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Gino



Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 1363
Location: Trinity Beach, AUSTRALIA


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: The "I wish I was stoned" screen shot thread Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
Cool. I'll see what I can pick up in HD-DVD locally.
My lowly 8500 loves those new mods..Very Happy


New mods again MP?!? I'm finding it hard to keep up Wink

_________________
( B ) ( G ) ( R ) Blendzilla Down Under ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury


Last edited by Gino on Mon May 28, 2007 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Brian Hampton



Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 1174



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Caution, This is Sparta Reply with quote

fitting?


cautionthisisspartadz2gs5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.19 KB
 Viewed:  38318 Time(s)

cautionthisisspartadz2gs5.jpg


Back to top
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZ Eddie wrote:
Well you were obviously stoned while taking those screenshots. I don't smoke pot. Don't want to and don't like to. But I get your opinion and it rocks.
It's a tough deal, having an incredible picture and not allowing yourself to get a little stoned. Just think of how awesome it is to have HDTV and 5.1 while watching bands rock all night long.

It was only 16-18 years ago that my best friend/cousin and I would park his 80's Ford Ranger at a swamp behind our apartment complex in Florida and listen to Pink Floyd on his 6x9 Pioneers with 2x 8" pioneer subwoofers and the whole thing was totally distorted with the Sparkomatic 35x2 watt amplifieres (purchased from Austozone) kicking everything off in the back of his single cab. But to us at the time, it sounded awesome. And we had the bestest conversations. Smile


Unfortunately big dog I wasn't. Smile Man, sparkomatic! That brings back big time memories. Just like the old equalizer boosters that you mounted under your dash! Very Happy

I'm a BIG music fan. I have a pretty good collection of albums in surround sound (SACD and DVD-A) that I listen to quite often. It rocks in my little ghetto theater. Mr. Green

Cliffy


Last edited by overclkr on Mon May 28, 2007 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Caution, This is Sparta Reply with quote

Brian Hampton wrote:
fitting?


Perfect!

Cliffy
Back to top
ecrabb
Forum Moderator


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 15909
Location: Utah

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:
I'm a BIG music fan. I have a pretty good collection of albums in surround sound (SACD and DVD-A) that I listen to quite often. It rocks in my little ghetto theater.

Good one, Cliff. All I can think of is if your theater is ghetto, what that must make mine. Very Happy

SC
Back to top
View user's photo album (10 photos)
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
overclkr wrote:
I'm a BIG music fan. I have a pretty good collection of albums in surround sound (SACD and DVD-A) that I listen to quite often. It rocks in my little ghetto theater.

Good one, Cliff. All I can think of is if your theater is ghetto, what that must make mine. Very Happy

SC


Believe me, it's a pretty small room surrounded by an unfinished basement. It's going to be ghetto for quite a long time until funds get replenished if ever.......

Cliffy
Back to top
Brian Hampton



Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 1174



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink Floyd via Sparkomatic,.. who would have thought?
Back to top
ecrabb
Forum Moderator


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 15909
Location: Utah

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah? My room is even smaller and also in an unfinished basement. I guess what I'm getting at is that no room with a G90 stack can be ghetto.

Maybe if the twins were sitting on cinder blocks or something. That would be pretty ghetto, I guess. Smile

So, are we all supposed to post screenshots in this thread, or is just for your screenshots?

SC
Back to top
View user's photo album (10 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 15909
Location: Utah

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we can't talk about Sparkomatic without talking about Kraco, can we?

SC
Back to top
View user's photo album (10 photos)
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Oh yeah? My room is even smaller and also in an unfinished basement. I guess what I'm getting at is that no room with a G90 stack can be ghetto.

Maybe if the twins were sitting on cinder blocks or something. That would be pretty ghetto, I guess. Smile

So, are we all supposed to post screenshots in this thread, or is just for your screenshots?

SC


We are all supposed to post screenshots. Very Happy

Cliffy


Last edited by overclkr on Mon May 28, 2007 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
klover



Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 124
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed up the other night and watched Koyaanisqatsi....wow. You NEED a home theatre to appreciate that movie. Amazing visuals of earth, human movement, destruction, production, etc. It easily pushed The Wall to second best stoner film for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi
Back to top
ecrabb
Forum Moderator


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 15909
Location: Utah

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KOYAANISQATSI is an incredible film. Saw it on laserdisc on my old mans system in the 80's the first time. It's no surprise I liked it so much I guess, since I love photography and especially time-lapse. There was something so moving about the visuals of all the housing projects being demolished and the millions of people... giant earth-movers... all set to the chaotic (yet rythmic) Philip Glass score. So, so cool.

I'd pay 40 or 50 bucks if I could buy a restored version on HD-DVD. The original is full of dust and dirt.

I haven't seen the last two films in the trilogy, but I'll get around to them soon now that the theater is useable.

http://www.koyaanisqatsi.org/

SC
Back to top
View user's photo album (10 photos)
overclkr



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4227



PostLink    Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Clarence? We need to post some more screen shots!

If he doesn't mind, here is a couple he took from his 9000 HOUR TUBES on his G90!









Simply STUNNING! Very Happy

I CANT WAIT until that awesome camera of his comes to the meet! Mr. Green

Cliffy
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127  Next
Page 1 of 127
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum