Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Nvidia 3d vision - USB ghosting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noos@xp37+

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Nvidia 3d vision - USB ghosting! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Gentlemen,

in my price range is the nvidia 3D vision system the only 3d solution. The glasses are great compared to old shutter glasses (brightness and colours). But as some people in that forum experienced, there is a ghosting effect that has nothing to do with phosphor decay time. That top or bottom ghosting (depending on ceiling or floor mounted CRTs or the delay) comes from a very small delay in the USB path of the computers mainboard!

Check these long threads for annoying details:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=89261&hl=ghosting&st=0

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=104900

Two years and no solutions! The only one I found after long reading is to switch you mainboard! Check this great post with good pictures:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=182047&st=0&gopid=1171628&#entry1171628

I will do that in the future! But we should find mainboards that work that great for the CRTs, or post board that have problems with our CRTs.

My mainboard with ghosting: P5n32e sli

Best regards

Marc
Alan Head

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc,

G90 CRT Projector with P19LUG tubes, HTPC based on ASUS P7P55D motherboard ghosting on bottom third of screen (projector ceiling mounted)

Alan Head
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Head wrote:
Marc,

G90 CRT Projector with P19LUG tubes, HTPC based on ASUS P7P55D motherboard ghosting on bottom third of screen (projector ceiling mounted)

Alan Head

Same problem with me on an XG running 720p@120Hz.

I bought a cheap $500 720p Acer Digital for 3D. For 2D the NEC is still the clear winner.

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: