Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: 3D-Gamer (DISCONTINUED)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonathan

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
3-Displayer will be available for pre-order by the second week of February. Shipments will commence no later than 30-days from the date of the pre-order.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan,

You folks seem to be working faster than the other companies making these adapters. Not sure if it's because they are larger companies, but for whatever reason, they are just dragging their feet. It's refreshing to see a company get things done in a timely fashion. Thanks for your efforts!

Quick question on the 3D-Displayer: Will it be able to play xbox360 3d games?
Holmquist

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused as to how exactly this device will work with my current set up. The description says that it will work with any DLP projector or TV that has 120hrz refresh rate. But also the projector/TV must be "3D ready" so that it has DLP link correct? Other wise there is no way of syncing the glases to the alternating frames. So for example with my current setup which utilizes an Optoma HD70 "a 720p DLP 120hrz refresh rate projector" I would not be able to use the 3D gamer because it is not a "3D ready" projector and hence does not have DLP link to sync the glasses to the alternating frames. Can someone please enlighten me as to wether or not what im saying is correct or not. Thank you very much for info you may be able to provide me with.

Austin

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We checked and your HD70 is indeed 120Hz capable but it isn't 3d-ready (no DLP-link capability) so it seems you will need the displayer because the need for the external emitter. Gamer will not work with your projector as it does not have an external emitter connection.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello i pre ordered the 3d gamer and not recieved any email or confirmation of delivery it has been 7 days since the products release and im in 3d purgatory with info saying orders will be complete by the forth, well normal shipping takes 3 to 5 days so my comfirmation should be here today or tomorrow not trying to hassle but just want some info on my particular shipping date
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wall11ll wrote:
hello i pre ordered the 3d gamer and not recieved any email or confirmation of delivery it has been 7 days since the products release and im in 3d purgatory with info saying orders will be complete by the forth, well normal shipping takes 3 to 5 days so my comfirmation should be here today or tomorrow not trying to hassle but just want some info on my particular shipping date

I believe you've also emailed us which is the right thing to do as we have no idea who people are based on the screen names used here.

Any questions about orders should be sent to 3DExperts@curtpalme.com with information on your order. Forwarding your payment confirmation is typically the best way as we see who you are.

As for your order (assuming I've got the right person here), we've emailed you back too as we have no records of anyone with your name having pre-ordered. Please check your emails.

Thanks!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
wall11ll

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fast reply, good customer service!
defiancecp

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got mine in today! I posted this review over at AVSForums, but figured it would be of use here too Very Happy

So I got it in, connected it inline between my receiver (hdmi 1.4) and my projector (pro350w, same thing as hd66 basically). Started up the PS3, went to display configuration, did the auto-config, it recognized it as 3d. Yay! Smile

Time for some gran turismo 5! Very Happy

I didn't have quite a trouble-free setup, but that was my fault - turns out some of my supposedly high-speed hdmi cables were not - so I kept getting dropouts. But when I replaced the cable from the PS3 to the receiver, done, no problems anymore.

Gran turismo 5 in 3d is pretty amazing, and I can't wait to try vudu.

Also, I went a step further in testing - My HTPC works perfectly through it! Woohoo! What that means is, just like that, I now have a simple "change the receiver" theater again, for the first time since I started dabbling in 3d! MAN you don't realize how cool it is to finally be there! I can be playing PS3 in 2d, switch to a 3d game, then press 1 button on my remote and be at my PC desktop, then into a 3d game, all with trueHD audio. Compared to the mass of wires and switching I had to do before (since my projector won't carry 120hz video), this is AWESOME Very Happy

The configuration is:

Sources (PS3/HTPC) -> HDMI 1.4 receiver -> 3d-gamer -> projector (pro350w)

The htpc is outputting from an ATI 6870, and it was shockingly easy to configure. The ATI card recognized it as 3d right off the bat, and the first test worked. I was expecting trouble from two things; I'd heard people say that the ATI drivers had issues enabling 3d with receivers in the chain, and the ATI drivers supposedly don't automatically enable unless they recognize the edid... I thought there would be no way it would recognize this since it was so new, but it did, and no issues with audio via the receiver either.

The receiver is a Pioneer VSX-520-K

So in the end, I got almost as much benefit from being able to put my htpc through my receiver as I did from PS3 compatibility Very Happy

Anyway, I'd score this little guy 100%. Awesome product.
defiancecp

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! I *KNEW* I could find something to whine about Very Happy

The device is detected as being 1080p compatible, so default resolution for 2d games is now 1080p... The only way I know to make the ps3 default to 720p is by using manual display configuration, which doesn't allow 3d options to work...

So now the projector's going to be scaling, right?

Is there any way to tell my PS3 not to output 1080p for 2d games?

If not, as a suggestion for potential improvement, I'd suggest it not report itself capable of 1080p at all, that way my PS3 will still output 720p for my 2d games instead of 1080p.
Cube

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was wondering about that. They should have DIP switches or something so you can set it to report only 720p compatible, etc. PS3 should give you more manual control over this.

However, you don't have to worry about it in practice. Most PS3 games, 3D or not, output in 720p regardless of your settings and won't be upscaled. Most if not all 3D games will be 720p-only due to the increased processing demands. So, if your projector can't do 1080p for the rare games that support it, just manually change the output settings to 720p/non-3D before you play.

I think the bigger problem would be that if your output settings include 1080p the XMB (PS3 main menu) will display in that resolution, so you might have to navigate blindly or something until your 720p game starts. How is that on your projector?
defiancecp

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, displaying 1080p in the menus isn't a problem for me; my projector accepts it and scales it to 720p. My concern is that scaling leads to lag, so if a game is running in 1080p, there could be lag issues caused. But maybe that's not a problem, I don't know of any games I have that run in 1080p now that I think about it. For some reason I thought some did, but now that I've tried a few I guess not Smile
gravy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3D Gamer is awesome. I also have it inline, after the output of my receiver. That goes into a matrix switch, so i can send any signal to either projector or TV. The device doesn't seem to get in the way, and always activates when the PS3 wants 3D. I've played 3D movies from the PSN Store, and 3D content from VUDU. All games have worked without issue.

I agree with the above poster that only the rare game is 1080p, and the PS3 makes it quick & easy to disable resolutions, and re-setup later for 3D if needed.
jonathan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have shipped all 3D-gamer pre-orders except some of the ones with additional glasses. Due to Chinese new-year holiday our shipment is being delayed and therefore we have to wait a few more days before shipping those orders out. Everything should clear by mid next week.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this work on my Mitsubishi WD-73833? I have the Mitsubishi 3d adapter and it works great for 3D Movies but the games are upconverted to 1080p and they look stretched. This looks like it will solve my problems but I just want to make sure Smile
xrubiras

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ka!

I would like if the 3D-THEATRE CONVERTER will works with side by side 3d movies. I have many 1080p side by side movies, a media player, an Optoma DW318 3D ready proyector and DLP LINK glasses.

What is the intended release date for the 3D-THEATRE CONVERTER?

Thank you.
johnsmith808

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this output everything at 720p120hz, including non 3d content?
defiancecp

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, non-3d content passes through at whatever resolution is sent, only 3d 720p frame packed content is converted.
Cube

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to get a North American PS3 to output 720p100?
johnsmith808

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

defiancecp wrote:
No, non-3d content passes through at whatever resolution is sent, only 3d 720p frame packed content is converted.

Okay, so will the higher versions, such as 3d displayer be able to output 120hz from a 24hz or 60hz source in 2d? Or is an htpc the only way to get 120hz in 2d?
jonathan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIP does not provide a product for 2D contents. Hence, 3D-Displayer won't output 120Hz from a 24Hz or 60Hz source in 2D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: