Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: ESL-0.5 Full Range Electrostatic Loudspeakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
The price is per pair.

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg_mitch wrote:
The price is per speaker or for pair?

For the pair. Two speakers. Normal price is $3995/pair. With the CurtPAlme.com $250 discount it's $3745/pair.

I've updated the order page to make this clear. Sorry for the confusion!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
JayJayHache

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beun wrote:
The price is per pair.

Hi! I'm a current Martin Logan 'Prodigy' owner and these '0.5s' look very impressive - in fact this is the nicest audio find for me in over a year! If I got a set I would want the larger size units as my HT room is enormous.

Can I please ask about centre channel options?: - to get a (generally) matching frequency response I accept that the centre's panel needs to be large - could I get a good result from a wide panel - perhaps 4 or 5 ft wide x 2ft or 2.5 ft tall?

Can I also please ask - what would shipping to England (UK) likely cost?

Best regards
JayJayHache
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay,

Yes, you can make the center channel wide but it will then still have to be curved in the horizontal direction because otherwise you will get too much horizontal directionality. The Martin Logan center channel did exactly that but still used a small super tweeter for the highest frequencies.

It may have been mentioned before, but when you have an acoustically transparent screen you can use an identical speaker behind it in the center for optimal matching.

I never checked into shipping such large stuff overseas, it definitely has to go freight. Does anyone here have experience with large item shipping across the pond?

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give some additional color to my previous posting.

As an electrostatic owner you know that they need some breathing space behind the speaker, at least 3 feet for full range ones. Of cause this also holds for the center channel. So when you have a acoustically transparent screen you need some serious space behind it. When the center is free standing beneath the screen it of cause also needs some space from the rear wall.

An ESL can easily be rotated 90 degrees and with the right amount of horizontal curvature it will be able to fill the room. A center similar to the ESL-0.5 would be 5ft wide but only 2ft high. It will need a stand or a suitable wall mount to sit at the right height.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: