Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Audio Calibration et al
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg_mitch

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
WanMan wrote:

I hadn't even heard of Pandora until recently, and only 'now' checked their website out. Seems pretty cool. Me likey! Smile

Geeze Wan! What rock have you been living under?! Wink Pandora is a great service but they now limit how much you can listen to each month (something like 16 hours) and have annoying adds every 3 songs, but it is still a great way to learn about new similar music...and your stations will keep across all the devices you use because you have a login account.
akajester

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been enjoying Slacker radio, which is less of a music genome project and more of just picking a genre of music you want like a traditional radio station, but less commercials and talking. I believe it follows a similar format of an amount of time per month. I created a free account and that gave me more time.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I upgraded the firmware on the Sony BX1 and that fixed the problem. I had the settings correct all this time (surprise!), but apparently somewhere along the road from 007 to 021 they corrected the bug in which it was disallowing external decoding. Yummy DTS!!! And yes, I now hear a difference.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next month will make ten years I have had this AVR. And the Pioneer Elite before it will by 17 years old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: