Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

setting up my bg800 for Blu Ray

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziggy

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: setting up my bg800 for Blu Ray Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everyone,
I just got a Sony Blu Ray player ( BDP S470 ) and am in the process of hooking it up to my projector and would like to ask a few questions.

My current setup was Momitsu dvd>dvi to hdmi>HDFury2>gamma x > bg800.
Do I need to do a whole setup from scratch or can I play off the image setup I have now?
I know to only use the 1080i setting on the dvd player since that is the max the proj. can handle.
I do have the gamma x set to inv for the neg.sync but every time I pick 1080i in the dvd menu it doesnt see it.
Do I need a Blu Ray movie in the machine so that the projector recognizes the HD signal from it?

Thanks for your help
Ziggy
scotha

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar setup, hdmi 1080i out of blu-ray player to hd fury2 to gamma x to barco 1208. If I dont start each component in a specific order I will not get a signal. I have to start the blu-ray player load a disc and let it boot up to menu, then plug in hd fury, then start p.j. Any other combination and I get no signal to p.j.
ziggy

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never ran into that problem. Doesnt seem to matter which gets turned on first. Im referring to the video setup selection menu on the dvd player. I can choose 480i,480p and I get a signal but not 720p or 1080i

Ziggy
jeffslife

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried disabling 24 fps ?
my old set up wouldnt work until I did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: