Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Problem with EXT-FULLHD V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PortlandGTS

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Problem with EXT-FULLHD V2 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

I've been using an EXT-FULLHD V2 successfully for about six months. I'm feeding it from an iScan Duo, and into an NEC XG projector. It's been working fine until now. Tonight it started blanking out about once a minute for five or ten seconds. I tried replacing it with an HDFury, and everything worked fine.

Is the EXT-FULLHD broken? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with EXT-FULLHD V2 Reply with quote

PortlandGTS wrote:
Hello,

I've been using an EXT-FULLHD V2 successfully for about six months. I'm feeding it from an iScan Duo, and into an NEC XG projector. It's been working fine until now. Tonight it started blanking out about once a minute for five or ten seconds. I tried replacing it with an HDFury, and everything worked fine.

Is the EXT-FULLHD broken? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

It would seem, given the way the Moome EXT-FULLHD V2 works and the way it locks on to the signal, this is an issue that also happened to me with my original unit AND its replacement. For some reason, it doesn't start happening right away but, like yourself, several weeks in to usage, the picture started to periodically blink in and out and once it started it proceeded to get worse and worse.Strangely enough, when I plugged the HDMI cable in to the unused input(I only need one input on the V2), the picture has remained stable for several months thereafter without a hitch. By the way, when the picture is blinking in and out, did you observe if the 10/12 bit yellow light is flashing on and off and the green and red lights going back and forth between inputs? If they are, the unit is indicating it is now having trouble staying locked on on to the signal. Alternatively, while the "blinking out" is occurring, if the green and red lights are staying on without the yellow light flashing, then that might indicate it could be a problem with a source item or a cable.

For some reason, in a few cases, after time the V2 seems to lose its "Auto-lock" function, hence, the problem described above. I made the suggestion that new model(V3) have a feature, like the Fury3, if you only required one input, you can manually lock on to the one you are using which would disable the "Auto-Lock" function and avoid the scanning process. Apparently, although not a switch, there will be instructions in the new V3 model of how, internally, to activate this process.

Unfortunately, this has happened with a few others and Moome is at somewhat of a loss to explain why, so further troubleshooting will have to be done. The puzzling thing is it takes awhile before it starts to happen.
PortlandGTS

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron W.

Thanks for the info. Seems like I have the same problem you do.

I watched the FULLHD-EXT lights while I played a DVD. When the video blanked, the yellow "10-bit" LED started blinking, and when the video came back, it stopped. If the video stayed blanked more than 10 seconds or so, the red "12-bit" LED would go out until video came back. And when I switched to the other HDMI input, everything worked fine. However, the link and HDMI active LEDs always stayed constant when the video blanked.

So I assume my unit is defective. I notice Moome is a moderator of this group. Will he contact me about a replacement, or is there a way for me to contact him?

Thanks,
Tom

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PortlandGTS wrote:
Ron W.

Thanks for the info. Seems like I have the same problem you do.

I watched the FULLHD-EXT lights while I played a DVD. When the video blanked, the yellow "10-bit" LED started blinking, and when the video came back, it stopped. If the video stayed blanked more than 10 seconds or so, the red "12-bit" LED would go out until video came back. And when I switched to the other HDMI input, everything worked fine. However, the link and HDMI active LEDs always stayed constant when the video blanked.

So I assume my unit is defective. I notice Moome is a moderator of this group. Will he contact me about a replacement, or is there a way for me to contact him?

Thanks,
Tom

I might suggest you E-Mail Moome directly. The address is at the bottom of the website product page. Just go in to the new EXTHDV3 product page and scroll down to the bottom. The E-Mail address should be there.
By the way are you saying that the second HDMI connection is blanking out too? That's funny, since my second connection has stayed stable and this happened on the original unit I purchased along with the replacement I have been using now since June.

I wonder, have you made any changes at all on your source equipment set-up(i.e. players, IScanDuo etc.)? If not and you are having problems with the second connection as well, then you have a problem that even exceeds mine.
PortlandGTS

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The other HDMI input is working fine. My symptoms are exactly like the ones you described, except my Link lights don't flash when the blanking is going on. I haven't changed anything in the setup for a couple months.

I'll e-mail Moome.

Thanks for your help.
Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: