Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Some help with Plasma Calibration using "Dummies Guide&

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzzyreets

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Some help with Plasma Calibration using "Dummies Guide& Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi folks. I'm pretty new to this calibration stuff so bear with me. I'm using the i1Display LT and the Grayscale and Color Calibration guide from this site. TV I'm currently working on is the Samsung PN58C550 Plasma. Calibrating with ColorHCFR.

I spent the last 2 days trying to get my plasma looking good and it looks like crap even though my numbers are good. This leads me to believe that I have some setting wrong. The other 2 LCDs I did look great but my main TV, a plasma, looks dark and crappy. The one thing that is different setting wise is that I'm using the plasma profile here and not the LCD even though the walkthrough indicates if you are using the Eye One to use the plasma profile for plasma. Seems to make sense but it looks BAD. I set my old settings back which were on the standard profile and my new calibrations which are on my movie setting and flipped back and forth. The calibrated settings in the movie mode look terrible. I'm still not totally happy with the non calibrated old standard settings I had and I believe it can be better because the 2 LCDs I did do look much better but there is something wrong here with whatever I'm doing with the plasma. End result looks dark in all aspects. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
fuzzyreets

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've officially given up at this point. I just spent another 2 hours trying to do something with my plasma. After I finish I have pretty decent readings but yet again I have the yellow soupy tint to everything. Looks like it sucks the life out of my display. I set it back to my "wrong" settings and my screen comes alive again. I'm guessing at this point that either my TV lacks the correct base color information for RGB and therefore gives me a terrible outcome or I just don't like a calibrated screen. I don't know though, I did my two samsung LCDs and they look awesome now. Of course my main one is a Plasma which looks terrible after I do this.

I've attached my settings which I made using ColorHCFR if anyone is interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: