Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Problem with 1st Generation DVI Moome card on XG-852

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwbartlett72

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Problem with 1st Generation DVI Moome card on XG-852 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey all, I am new to the crt thing. I came over from digital and have always wanted a crt machine. So, I am glad that I got one at a great price. I got my machine from Curt. It has the Moome 1st generation card in it. I am having problems getting it to sync at 1080 p at 60hz. I have three different devices that have HDMI. The first one is a Sony Blu-ray player. Model DB-s350. When it gets put on there, it tries to lock on. I hear one of the relays clicking on and off. But, it dosen't manage to get synced up. Then I try my HD-DVD player. With it, I get some kind of weird noise, sounds like a computer projector trying to sync to a signal that's out of it's range. Then, it will have the dark messed up image and then I will get an error that says, Hi frequency out of range. Projector is going to shut down. So, then it will turn itself off. On the PS3 when I try to get it to sync I make sure that the 24fps is turned off. When it comes on, It will sync at 480, 720 but the images looks like someone is jerking the projector a little. Then, when I put it on 1080p the red & blue tubes go dim and have nothing displayed on their faces. The green tube is REAL bright and has everything displayed on it's face. Now, I can run 1080I just fine on the component cables. Before Curt shipped the machine he said that he ran it fine on 1080p. But, when I got it, it goes crazy. We think that the card might have been damaged in shipment. Sometimes on the component cable I have to thump the green lead or, it will loose sync. as well. Also, want to point out that the cable is a 25 ft run. I don't know if that is a problem or not. I have seen some sites that say you are supposed to stop at 15 feet. Then I have seen other sites that say 25 feet is fine. I was wondering if any of you NEC guys have ran into this issue and how did you fix it? Any help would certainly be appreciated!! Very Happy
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else can chime in to dispute this but from what I've tried and read from others, there is no way to run 1080p directly from an HDMI source (or any other input format) on an NEC without sync problems that result in edge foldover and banding. The only way for non HTPC devices is to use a scaler with video timing adjustments such as a DVDO VP50 or similar.

Another alternative is to use a HTPC and adjust the video timing with a program like PowerStrip to adjust porch settings. See this link for more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: